Code of Conduct

Default How is it possible that website are so cheap? Bvlgari soir 54$ (parfumsuper) vs 93$ (Douglas)???

Hi I'm a new member, and first off all I really like this forum!

Yesterday I bought bvlgari soir 100ml in Douglas shop for 72 euro (92 USD), now I see it for like 40 euro (54usd) on Parfumsuper.nl, the site looks legit and is very polular.

Because of this huge difference I really wonder if its fake, or watered or someting?
    I really onder what douglas has pay for a bottle!

Default Re: How is it possible that website are so cheap? Bvlgari soir 54$ (parfumsuper) vs 93$ (Douglas)???

It could be the grey market as they call it. Products which are meant to be sold in say the Far East but overstocked. Then they get sold to Western stores at big discounts which are passed on.
    DONNA

Default Re: How is it possible that website are so cheap? Bvlgari soir 54$ (parfumsuper) vs 93$ (Douglas)???

The site you mention IS legit and so are hundreds of other (legit) perfume online sites.

To name a few reasons why online sellers are cheap:

- They don't have stock costs (they get it from warehouses who do have real perfumes as they deal only with legit perfume sellers)
    - They hardly have costs for all employees salaries eg. a Douglas has
    - They do not have to pay rent
    - They hardly have any write off (afschrijving)

All very logical parts of economics and there are way more of course!

I buy already for years from all well known Dutch perfume sites and never had any complaint or whatsoever!
    The most stupid thing these legit sellers could do to ruin there business right away is selling fake stuff...........
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    The most stupid thing these legit sellers could do to ruin there business right away is selling fake stuff...........
    True

It's because it's almost silly to buy a designer fragrance at full price. Any walk in store is likely to have it listed at full retail value.

For example, the Bvlgari you just purchased can be had for under $40 on Amazon, fragrancex, fragrancenet...just got to shop the deals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    It could be the grey market as they call it. Products which are meant to be sold in say the Far East but overstocked. Then they get sold to Western stores at big discounts which are passed on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    The site you mention IS legit and so are hundreds of other (legit) perfume online sites.

To name a few reasons why online sellers are cheap:

- They don't have stock costs (they get it from warehouses who do have real perfumes as they deal only with legit perfume sellers)
    - They hardly have costs for all employees salaries eg. a Douglas has
    - They do not have to pay rent
    - They hardly have any write off (afschrijving)

All very logical parts of economics and there are way more of course!

I buy already for years from all well known Dutch perfume sites and never had any complaint or whatsoever!
    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    It's because it's almost silly to buy a designer fragrance at full price. Any walk in store is likely to have it listed at full retail value.

For example, the Bvlgari you just purchased can be had for under $40 on Amazon, fragrancex, fragrancenet...just got to shop the deals.
    These ^^^^^^^ all proffer sound reasoning.

&

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    This makes a lot of sense and I agree.