Code of Conduct

Default hello! i got a serious sweet tooth lately! :D Would you name your favourite foody vanilla perfumes?

niche, mainstream, perfume oils, anything! Thank you!

Default Re: hello! i got a serious sweet tooth lately! :D Would you name your favourite foody vanilla perfum

Hi and welcome! What kind of sweet are you looking for? What notes do you like/dislike?

Some sweets I have come across are Hypnotic Poison and any Hypnotic Poison flanker, Jo Malone Vanilla and Anise, Amande by Ava Luxe, Prada Candy, EL Pleasures Delight, and for a chocolate sweet, Noblie 1942 La Petit Chocolatier(niche)-they have 3 chocolate scents, samples available through Luckyscent(not affiliated). The sweetest is number 3, smells like a chocolate tootsie pop.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: hello! i got a serious sweet tooth lately! :D Would you name your favourite foody vanilla perfum

Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin- it's a sweet, spicy, vanilla and woody scent.
    Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 2012- some of it's notes are cherry, almond, berries, licorice, black tea, Lapsang leaves, tonka bean and vanilla, very sweet and gourmand.

Prada Candy and Dior Hypnotic Poison are also great, they were mentioned by Kalli.

Basenotes Institution

A Lab On Fire's What We Do In Paris Is Secret. Lovely sweeet stuff.
    Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain .
    Jalaine Vanilla perfume oil.
    +1 for the Hypnotic Poison recommendations as well .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Montale Mukhallat, and if you're willing to consider vanilla + roses, I would recommend Loukhoum Keiko Mecheri (my favorite at the moment) and Montale Sweet Oriental Dream.
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Felanilla.

Mainstream perfect summer vanilla - L Lolita Lempicka!
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

SDV is really sweet to me, I could be alone in this though

Blog Entries

+1 for Sweet Oriental Dream!

Adding Vanillary by Lush/Gorilla Perfumes.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Gosh, I need to bookmark this page, lol. I so need to try Vanillary and La Petit Robe Noire 2012, like really bad!!!! Where can I get a sample of the Guerlains?

Basenotes Plus

Comptoir Sud Pacifique has a couple of sweet ones, no? Vanille Abricot and (I think) Vanille Extreme.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

+2 Sweet Oriental Dream

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Gosh, I need to bookmark this page, lol. I so need to try Vanillary and La Petit Robe Noire 2012, like really bad!!!! Where can I get a sample of the Guerlains?
    You can contact a boutique but Sephora is releasing the LPRN in the middle of the month.

Be warned about sweet because IMO the sweet fades into a great Guerlainade at the finish.

I recommend Hypnotic Poison and Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille, a boozy vanilla scent.

Lastly, I recommend the Vanille Bourbon by Laurence Dumont.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Gaultier2, it can crack your teeth!

As mentioned by everyone, Hypnotic Poison.

I was averse to it initially. I thought that it was too strong and very weird notes going around. However, after enduring and putting it on for a few days, this grew on me. It is indeed like poison; I have this bottle on my working desk and am occasionally picking it up and taking a whiff of it. I am very much addicted to this scent.

Do give this a try! It is very very vanilla-ny.

I gotta say Musc Maori by Parfumerie Generale.
    It's a gorgeous chocolate milkshake with a sweet musky vanilla underneath MMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    You can contact a boutique but Sephora is releasing the LPRN in the middle of the month.

Be warned about sweet because IMO the sweet fades into a great Guerlainade at the finish.

I recommend Hypnotic Poison and Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille, a boozy vanilla scent.

Lastly, I recommend the Vanille Bourbon by Laurence Dumont.
    I don't know what a Guerlainade is, lol! But man, I would love to try that Double Vanille too, been wanting to for ions now! But thanks on the info about the LPRN..

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I don't know what a Guerlainade is, lol! But man, I would love to try that Double Vanille too, been wanting to for ions now! But thanks on the info about the LPRN..
    "Guerlainade" is a term coined when talking about the familiar base notes in Guerlain fragrances - it's generally a vanilla rich oriental base.
    Similar to how you have "Tauerade" - talking about Andy Tauer's ambergris/incense/dry amber

Molinard Vanille. Notes top vanilla, heart vanilla, base vanilla and almond. That simple, that perfect.

+1 Dior Hypnotic Poison and Guerlain Spirituese Double Vanille

Not a favourite of mine but try Dior Addict vanilla custard

Basenotes Plus

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 is chocolate, vanilla, and blood orange. Not so much chocolate on me, more a creme caramel but plenty sweet. Available at Luckyscent.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

+1 for Montale Sweet Oriental Dream and Lolita L,
    Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant,
    Guess, Seductive Sunkissed
    PdN, Sacrebleu Intense
    Il Profvmo, Chocolat
    E Coudray, Vanille et Coco
    Benefit, So Hooked on Carmella
    Lancome, Hypnose

No, I am not black, yes, I am African.

Prada Candy (caramel heaven), which has a similar drydown to Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille (licorice vanilla), which is not at all like Guerlain Gourmand Coquin (DARK chocolate and fruit), which is the older louder sister in my opinion of Parfums de Rosine Rose Praline (amber, chocolate, rose, bergamot).
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Blog Entries

l just remembered Alien The Taste of Fragrance - Salted Butter Caramel. Deliciously sweet! You should still be able to find it online.

And do try the new Alien Essence Absolue when you get the chance; it has a wonderfully rich, smoky vanilla drydown.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I gotta say Musc Maori by Parfumerie Generale.
    It's a gorgeous chocolate milkshake with a sweet musky vanilla underneath MMMMMM
    Yes ! This is pure cocoa powder and chocolate on me. Really good .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thank you very much for your recomendations!

Kenzo Amour - if you like rice pudding.

@forfreddie, thanks! I will definitely take some Guerlainaide then! .

I think there are DKNY Candy Apples, I don't think I have sniffed any of those as I don't like DKNY but there's another option.
    Demeter makes scents as well, like Brownie, Sugar Cookie, others, haven't sniffed any from them either.

Sorry to go off-topic for a moment...

kalli and forfreddie - the Guerlinade is much more than just a vanilla base, it's an accord made up of several notes that give most Guerlains their unique signature, and is instantly recognizable to anyone familiar with them. This accord consists of bergamot, rose, jasmine, tonka bean, iris, resins, animal notes and vanilla. You can learn more about it here and here.

Okay, back on topic.

Hi Ronnie Lodge!

I'm not really current with all the sweet vanilla gourmands out there, but if you don't have any predisposition against celeb scents, when I think super-sweet and vanilla, one of the first fragrances to come to mind is Fancy by Jessica Simpson, and it's also very affordable.

You might also want to check out Ava Luxe. The perfumer, Serena Ava Franco, is very talented, and she has a handful of deliciously sweet vanilla musks that might be just what you're looking for. And Fragonard has a vanilla that's simple, fresh and sweet, but very nice ...although it's not really the foodiest vanilla I've come across.

Dior Addict also comes to mind for rich vanilla, but rumour has it that it's been reformulated and the reviews aren't so good.

Keiko Mecheri's three loukhoum fragrances are all wonderful, more powdery than creamy, but full of smooth vanilla. They are Loukhoum, Loukhoum Eau Poudrée and Loukhoum Parfum du Soir. I love them all.

One more - Profumum's Dulcis in Fundo is incredibly, delectably rich and sweet, but not quite as affordable as some of the others I've recommended ...but you should at least get a sample of this amazing and decadent treat.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 8th August 2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Seconding Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudree and adding Les Nereides
    Douceur de Vanille.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I don't know any of these perfumes, but they sound luscious! Will have to try a few.

I've only tried a few vanilla based fragrances but I find Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille delicious.

Me, too, lately with the sweet tooth. . I'm enjoying Hypnotic Poison (just got a sample of the elixir, which is REALLY yummy) and Luctor et Emergo. Also Profumum Confetto (though that's more almond than vanilla).
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Spiriteuse Double Vanille
    Tobacco Vanille
    Coromandel
    Musc Ravaguer
    New Haarlem
    Back to Black

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Sorry to go off-topic for a moment...

kalli and forfreddie - the Guerlinade is much more than just a vanilla base, it's an accord made up of several notes that give most Guerlains their unique signature, and is instantly recognizable to anyone familiar with them. This accord consists of bergamot, rose, jasmine, tonka bean, iris, resins, animal notes and vanilla. You can learn more about it here and here.
    I don't know if I'm alone in realizing this...but they pretty much made a fragrance based around each of those notes in their L’Art et la Matière collection.

Back on topic...Guerlain makes some tasty fragrances, and I like to treat my sweet tooth with SDV also!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

One more - Profumum's Dulcis in Fundo is incredibly, delectably rich and sweet, but not quite as affordable as some of the others I've recommended ...but you should at least get a sample of this amazing and decadent treat.
    Oh yes, if what you want is a gorgeous vanilla look no further than Dulcis in Fundo!

I just read that this was a request for vanilla perfumes specifically, lol. Some I listed aren't really vanilla-y. Sorry about that!

Mmm, I haven't sniffed this but there's Vanille Exquise by Annick Goutal..don't know if that's gourmand or not.

Others that come to mind: Love's True Bluish Light by Ava Luxe, I have sniffed it and it's sweet, I know Comptoir Sud Pacifique has several sweet vanilla scents, oh and Vanilla Extasy by Montale...maybe even Chocolate Greedy by Montale.

SDV, Tonka Imperiale, Ambre Narguile, Cuir Beluga, and Chergui are my favorite sweet tooth craves. You could also look at Vanitas by Profumum or New Harlem.

oh thank you guys, you're awesome!

Another vote for Dulcis in Fundo! Creamy vanilla with a hint of juicy mandarine

Laura Mercier has some really lovely desserts, a Creme de Brulee and a Vanille that'll make your sweet tooth come to attention and freakin' salute you in anticipation! Easy to sample at your local mall.
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

My updated list:

Ava Luxe Amande
    Hypnotic Poison (almond vanilla)
    Molinard Vanille
    Guerlain Spiriteuse Double Vanille
    L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore (Turkish delight)
    Laurence Dumond Tendre Madeleine (vanilla cinnamon cookies)
    Dumond Vanille Violette
    Dumond Vanille Bourbon
    Chopard Casmir (vanille dessert, very rich)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Your vanilla journey won't be complete if you don't at least sample Dulcis in Fundo.

I've just put on a jumper that had mixed traces of La Traversèe du Bosphore and Etro Heliotrope: that's a pure vanilla- benzoin heaven!!!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Love By Kilian and Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain

oops wrong thread