Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I bought - November 2012

Meet my new friend

Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire

with complimentary samples of By Kilian Rose Oud, MFK Absolue Pour le Matin and M.Micallef Style

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Today I bought - November 2012

Congratulations, Lucas, that sounds like a really nice one! I'm sure you'll love the Rose Oud too, it's very good!

Oh Lucas, I'll be curious to read your impressions of Rose Oud - that's one of my favorite rose perfumes in the whole world!

For my very last fragrant gifts to myself for a while (at least before Christmas!) I finally decided I needed a back-up of Iris Ganache (what a relief to have more before it's gone for good!) and I finally gave in to the lovely Miss Dior Le Parfum. There now ...I really should be quite content for several months.

Last edited by Evangeline; 14th March 2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Congratulations, Lucas, that sounds like a really nice one! I'm sure you'll love the Rose Oud too, it's very good!
    I had a tiny spritz immediately when unpacked it and I think it's going to be an interesting friendship. Thank you ♥

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh Lucas, I'll be curious to read your impressions of Rose Oud - that's one of my favorite rose perfumes in the whole world!

For my very last fragrant gifts to myself for a while (at least before Christmas!) I finally decided I needed a back-up of Iris Ganache (what a relief to have more before it's gone for good!) and I finally gave in to the lovely Miss Dior Le Parfum. There now ...I really should be quite content for several months.

Will definitely describe my thoughts at Chemist in the Bottle. Congrats on your Iris Ganache! I would love to try it, but no Guerlain boutiques here...

Today I bought a bottle of EA Green Tea Intense near full /no cap for a buck at the thrift store! My other bottle I bought last year at Ulta was $39.99! Woot! Also got a bottle of Rue 21 Revert eco,and a purse size Lavendertherapy by the healing gardens(hey-I like it).
    Yesterday I went to BBW and got the mini of Forever Red -BLECH! it goes back later today smelled like a cheapo knockoff of a Escada fruit syrup scent .Trust me .All the hype about better expensive ingredients is utter hooey.
    Also bought some backup Replique and Madness on Ebay recently.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Good call, Evangeline. Get that Iris Ganache while you still can!

I picked up a couple that I'm very happy with:

Insolence EdP

Gucci Envy for Men
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Plus

Nice buys! Great deal on the EA, Janet.

I used a 20% fragrancenet coupon to buy Van Cleef & Arpels les Saisons Automne- which completes the set for me.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Oh, I just love to see what everybody is getting! It always gives me naughty ideas

I am out of town trying to get a draft of a novel completed and do some healing. And I found the following and could not, just could not walk away. Like I needed more Shalimar.... But I did not have this gorgeous bottle, and I had no Vol de Nuit. My hotel rooms smells like a skanky, woodsy, spicy heaven.

Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Guerlain Mitsouko EDP

My first bottle. I'm really excited!
    Last edited by southerngardens; 4th November 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I bought Ormonde Jayne's Ormonde Woman and Champaca.

They have a brilliant offer where I get a 17.5ml flacon of Tolu extract free. Couldn't pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    Guerlain Mitsouko EDP

My first bottle. I'm really excited!
    Oh! Lovely! One of my all time ever favorites. Enjoy!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Vintage, unopened 25ml EDP Fidji by Guy Laroche. I am on cloud nine!

I purchased samples from LuckyScent. They have been on my test list for a few months, and I finally decided to cave in and get them all. I'm going to need to give my sniffer a few breaks in between testings.

Ego Facto: Fool for Love
    Hilde Solani: Bambolina
    By Kilian: Back to Black
    By Kilian: Liasons Dangereuses
    Keiko Mecheri: Loukhoum Poudree
    Van Cleef and Arpels: Midnight in Paris
    Parfumerie Generale: Aomassai

I've become very fickle lately, or maybe I just succumbed to the confusion surrounding all the Miss Diors/Miss Dior Chéries, but I took that lovely Miss Dior Le Parfum back and swapped it for Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, which is the one I think I liked best initially anyway, so I'm not even sure how I ended up thinking it was Le Parfum, which to my nose smells a lot like Yves Rocher's Rose Absolue, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not the one I really wanted ...which I now have.

Here it is, the correct one, Miss Dior Eau de Parfum -

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I bought Tonka Imperiale!

I bought myself a travelsize set of BBW Cashmere Glow ,it reminds me of one of their best sellers Japanese Cherry Blossom but with more vanilla/amber.
    Fragrance Omnivore

50ml A Taste of Heaven Refill
    50ml Back to Black Refill

Great buys everyone!

I bought samples from First in Fragrance:
    - Parfum d'Empire Equistrius
    - Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman
    - Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    - Heeley Ophelia
    - Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs
    - DelRae Mythique

I am especially looking forward to trying Cuir Pleine Fleur and Cuir Ottoman now that I am keen to explore leather scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I've become very fickle lately, or maybe I just succumbed to the confusion surrounding all the Miss Diors/Miss Dior Chéries, but I took that lovely Miss Dior Le Parfum back and swapped it for Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, which is the one I think I liked best initially anyway, so I'm not even sure how I ended up thinking it was Le Parfum, which to my nose smells a lot like Yves Rocher's Rose Absolue, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not the one I really wanted ...which I now have.

Here it is, the correct one, Miss Dior Eau de Parfum -

Just glad you got the one you wanted! I smelled Miss Dior last night for a few hours, in different concentrations. Went into Sephora and used cards and my sleeves and skin to trial run it. They are all so good, but on me they just "poof" into nothingness so fast. I am going to look for more vintage Diors and see if I can find something that will hang on my skin better!

Today, buying, Alliage and going antique shop rambling. Will post buys later on.
    W. Somerset Maugham

A range of "assorted goodies" from the Fraicheur Vegetale-series by Yves Rocher, including the cedar and the verbena scent.

Boss Bottled #6

Banned

today i finally purchased proper vintage SHALIMAR EDC in a zigzag box SEALED

now i have no stress it will be fake or whatever, its 165ml though the size of the bottle was a bit weird, as i was expecting either 3 or 6 oz, this is 5.5 but was made in europe , but i have no worries now, btw many dont ship to EU so i think USA peeps have very good advantage !

do you know what age that might be? i thought its from 70s?

thanks Rubegon for nice advice!!! appreciate it very much!

and congrats for Insolence!! i have it too...and smells fantastic....drydown last and lasts and is among best in modern perfumery ...oh that reminds me i wore just a dab of La Myrrhe today too...and this is excelent scent, perfect drydown too!!

Congratulations, livanita! That's a great find. I think I have seen that size before. As you say, it may have been for the euro market. If the bottle has a glass stopper it's one of the older ones - late 60s if its a zig zag box, I think. A good screw cap is likely 70s or early 80s.

i happy I could help. Enjoy!

Infusion D'Iris Prada, Gucci Premiere

Another bottle of No.5 (80s EdP). Still sealed in cellophane

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Another bottle of No.5 (80s EdP). Still sealed in cellophane
    Hi'ya Mr. Squirrel! Well done ^^

Profumum Dulcis in Fundo ... my HG vanilla with a lovely hint of mandarine

I did a sale/swap before hubs lost his job..I got rid of a vintage I never used and acquired Field Notes From Paris. I much prefer Evening Edged In Gold but the really good deal was on Field Notes. Though, I think I have to be lighter on the sprays, lol..forgot how concentrated it is. Got a little sprayer happy! A fairly good one for this cold weather we've been having.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Basenotes Plus

Last week, Chinatown, Blackberry & Bay, Nutmeg & Ginger, Coco Noir and La Vie est Belle.

Back from the sunny Canary Isles feeling relaxed but dreading work tomorrow. Had something of a splurge over there.

100ml Prada Infusion Pour Homme for youngest son.
    Found a gift pack of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel with aftershave and EDT hidden away in a tiny back street perfumery which I just had to get for Mr Ali. Also found a pristine 15ml bottle of extrait of Oscar de la Renta Volupte which of course came home with me.

Also found the mythical beast Guerlain Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas which has now joined its twin in my collection and at long last got a bottle of 10 Corso Como.

Finally a gift set of Myrugia Maja for mum. Best soaps in the world with a cute 25ml EdP spray.

Expensive week!

Givenchy Amarige Mimosa 2009

I went a bit, um, overboard with new sample purchases at the beginning of the month. Even I'm a bit chagrined at the extent of the haul, but I really, really enjoy sampling.

Before I go there, though, I did buy full bottles (15ml) of the following Ava Luxe fragrances (my first!!):
    --Bois Exotique EDP (sandalwood, patchouli, warm spices, and Siam benzoin)
    --No. 23 EDP (sandalwood, hawthorn blossoms, acacia, rose, Himalayan geranium, lavender, and musk)
    --Madeline EDP (Arabian musk, precious woods, vanilla bourbon, amber, fig, liquorice, milk notes, brandy, and spices)
    --Opoponax Intense EDP (hesperides, Indian amber, myrrh, opoponax, frankincense, Siam benzoin, tolu balsam)

I'm really loving these, particularly Bois Exotique.

I'll wait a few days and then start sharing the samples.

Safran Troublant. Happy scent

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaLee View Post
    Just glad you got the one you wanted! I smelled Miss Dior last night for a few hours, in different concentrations. Went into Sephora and used cards and my sleeves and skin to trial run it. They are all so good, but on me they just "poof" into nothingness so fast. I am going to look for more vintage Diors and see if I can find something that will hang on my skin better!
    Well, after all that I have to agree with your conclusion - none of these new Miss Diors last, and none are satisfying me in the long-run, as lovely as they are, so I actually just returned it. But that's okay - my original vintage Miss Dior will do just fine, and I still have Miss Dior Cherie when I want something a bit flirtier. And now I'm not even sure why I felt I needed the new one ...lol! Silly me.

ExtremeK - hooray for discovering Ava Luxe!! I adore Opoponax Intense, and if your sotd posts are any indication, you should really enjoy that one, too. I also have Madeline and I like it a lot, but I have to be in the right mood for it...it's very "Chai Tea" on me. And I have a sample of Bois Exotique, but I need to revisit it along with No 23, which I believe is one of cello's favorites ...I think Serena will always have more I need to explore, lol. Have fun!

Excellent purchase, efemmeral - good for you! Safran Troublant is my very favorite L'Artisan!

Basenotes Plus

Gucci Accenti: I have heard it much praised and lamented at being discontinued, the nose is Dominique Ropion. I couldn't resist a blind buy. Found a used bottle on ebay for a steal. It's a big, lush floriental. I think I need some time with it before I pass judgment.

Notes include peach, raspberry, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla

Balenciaga Cristobal: I had a mini several years ago and loved it, and ever since have been meaning to buy a full bottle if one ever crossed my path. Another ebay find, a used bottle for a steal. It's lovely, rich and sweet.

top notes: green fig, bergamot, marigold, and pineapple
    heart notes: jasmine, blue freesia, rose, and orris
    base notes: sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, and amber
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Just bought the Luckyscent Decennial sample pack - hope there is a winner in there for me!

Fell in love with Portrait of a Lady, so I've bought the darn bottle I justify my action by saying that I deserve it. My daughter nicked my beloved Voleur de Roses and I wanted a stunning dark rose to replace it (says grinning like a Cheshire cat).
    Do happy

Zen Concentrated (2009) by Shiseido
    Arabie by Serge Lutens

Well, I'm actually a little ashamed to have been this self-indulgent so close to the holidays, but I had a credit at Saks so decided to just drop in for a refill edt for my No.5 canister ...but then a shiny new bottle of Moisture Mist caught my eye, and next to it was the big, magnificent soap with its own sweet little dish, and to finish it all off, a luxurious new bath powder was just sitting there, being enticing, and I couldn't help but think how nice that would be too, while I was at it. I walked out with all of it.

This has happened before, actually ...maybe I should just go ahead and wrap it all up to put under the Christmas tree before Tony can remind me how easy returns are at Saks, lol.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 14th March 2014 at 01:57 PM.

Estee Lauder Youth Dew arrived today, along with Surrender To Chance samples.

Coty Muget du Bois Cologne
    Shiseido Feminite du Bois Original Formula

Caron Muguet du Bonheur parfum

After a two-month wait, as it was backordered: Amouage Tribute, 12 ml!

Attachment 17618
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Institut Tres Bien Cologne a La Francaise!

Basenotes Plus

Took advantage of the Luckyscent bonus offer to Basenoters to get the Decennial sample pack with a $25 purchase. Chose some samples I've been curious about and a body cream as the qualifying order.
    Also ordered Nicholai's Vanille Tonka and a sample of SL Santal Majuscale from parfum1 using a 20% coupon.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Go Evangeline !
    Aren't those no.5 soaps fab ? Such a treat to use.

"Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Took advantage of the Luckyscent bonus offer to Basenoters to get the Decennial sample pack with a $25 purchase. Chose some samples I've been curious about and a body cream as the qualifying order.
    Also ordered Nicholai's Vanille Tonka and a sample of SL Santal Majuscale from parfum1 using a 20% coupon.
    Congrats, Knit! I like Vanille Tonka a lot. It's one of my favorite PdNs.

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    Wow! Nice find, Pelle! Where did you find that Guerlinade? Is that a special edition bee of 68?

i just got back from a trip and brought a couple of things, and found a few others waiting at home:

Guerlain Homme Intense
    Derby Aftershave
    Jubilation 25
    Opium PH EdP
    Diorella
    Dioressence

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post

Wow! Nice find, Pelle! Where did you find that Guerlinade? Is that a special edition bee of 68?
    I bought both bottles in a small perfumery in Amsterdam. No such bottles left now though... The No 68 is the same fragrance as Guet Apens/Attrape Coeur but was only available as No68 for a short period when the boutique at 68, Champs Elysees celebrated something...

Nice bottles you got there too
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

I bought 15ml of the deliciously decadent Caron - Tabac Blond Extrait and its even better that it was for half RRP! Ive got Larimar to thank for turning me onto such a beauty. I cant wait to get it!

I always feel tearful when I see that bottle of Guerlainade. I had one with the book from the limited release but during a financial crisis sold it on eBay. Unopened still in cellophane. Got what I paid for it but really wish I'd been able to keep it

I bought:

Serge Lutens Bois de Fruits (and realized my mother totally had the Féminité du Bois body cream in the '90s)
    FM Le Parfum de Thérèse (waiting for it in the mail)
    Guerlain Samsara EDP.

Yeah, I think I need to put the breaks on for, oh, a good 4 months or so (at least until the craving for spring scents comes along).

Got a vintage Diorella. It's pressurized, like a can of hair spray. Smells great, though.

miller harris en sens de bois, edp, a present for my wife for the 10yrs anniversay of our first date (i forgot but she didn't and to make it worse, it's very easy to remember as it's 'remembrance day', 11th nov).
    574551_10151167423222424_43039737_n.jpg

I bought 15ml of Chanel No.5 Pure Parfum at a VERY good price

I bought a vintage Shalimar edc, 165 ml in the round disc bottle.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 24th November 2012 at 06:26 AM.

30ml Sepia Aftelier
    30ml Haute Claire Aftelier

Been after these two for AGES so I'm THRILLED (and now completely skint!)

And 15ml Rose Rebelle A Lab On Fire (later renamed 100% Love by S-Perfume) generously gifted by a lovely B'ner - I'm extremely grateful, I adore this one so much <3

Broke down and finally ordered the beautiful Mona di Orio Cuir. :-)

Basenotes Plus

A decant of Dior New Look and a bottle of Chopard Casmir.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois last week.