Code of Conduct

Default Institute for Art and Olfaction to launch in March

I recently attended a conference at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC in Multi Modal Approaches to Learning. Participants included museum directors, physicians, artists, educators, therapists and more. The focus was accessibility of the art experience for individuals of all ability, and with special needs due to physical disability.

Needless to say, our beloved sense of olfaction was featured in several breakout sessions! One of them, called Scent as Art, was moderated by KJ Baysa, MD, the new Director of Programming for the Institute of Art in Olfaction, based in L.A. Here's a link to the IAO website. Programming is set to launch in March, and from what I understand, the Institute will promote engagement between art and the science of perfumery...check it out...what do you think?

http://artandolfaction.com/
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Institute for Art and Olfaction to launch in March

Thanks for the link.

Default Re: Institute for Art and Olfaction to launch in March

Thanks for sharing, Wish I could be there for the opening, but also during the regular working hours.