Code of Conduct

Question Slumberhouse bottles redesigned?

Has anyone received a Slumberhouse bottle with a new cylindrical bottle design? It seems there have been three different bottles designs.

1. Earlier style of cube bottles with hand written labels:

2. Newer bottle design currently featured on the Slumberhouse website (similar to Le Labo in shape):

3. Potentially newest style of cylinder bottles (this is my brand new Norne bottle):

I hadn't heard of any recent Slumberhouse bottle changes, so I was surprised yesterday to receive my cylindrical Norne bottle.

Does anyone else have a bottle like mine? What do you think of the various Slumberhouse bottle designs?

Default Re: Slumberhouse bottles redesigned?

I think the cube bottle looks best, followed by the cylindrical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I think the cube bottle looks best
    Agree.

The round one that's flat on top was the one he sold Baque in. I've not seen any of the others in that bottle until now. It also appears that it came in a gray, rather than a black, bag.

If I had had the choice I would have taken the cube shape bottle too, but I ended up with the cylindrical one (3rd pic) which is still presented nicely.

And in the end, I'm so happy with the juice, the bottle design is simply an afterthought.

My understanding is that the bottle changes have been due to availability issues with suppliers. The flat-top cylinder should be here to stay. I think it looks pretty damn good.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I think the cube bottle looks best, followed by the cylindrical one.
    Stimme zu

I kinda like all the different bottles in their own way.

If I could change anything, it would be the gray sprayers and the thin plastic caps. I'm a sucker for needlessly heavy, sturdy caps (especially magnetic). But really, it's the juice that counts.

MonkeyBars and hobbes22, I miss you both.

And MonkeyBars, you should try the new iteration of Jeke. It is now sans birch tar and IMO ranks right up there with vintage Tabarome as one of the great tobacco scents of all time. It really sings.
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 3rd November 2012 at 09:56 PM.

I love the second bottles. Wish they kept them - was never a fan of those handwritten names, but the Le Labo style ones look sturdy and like something in an alchemist lab - with that chunky glass ring just underneath the lid... mhmmm.

Mine arrived VERY recently in the second (rounded shoulder) bottle, and really enjoying the juice! Also, got the sample set with Sova in place of Norne due to having the full bottle of Norne.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I love the second bottles. Wish they kept them - was never a fan of those handwritten names, but the Le Labo style ones look sturdy and like something in an alchemist lab - with that chunky glass ring just underneath the lid... mhmmm.
    I agree. I like the second bottles the best, but I think they're all perfectly fine.

I think he made mention of the switch on his blog recently. I kinda like the rounder cylindrical bottles over the square ones if only because of the smaller footprint on my shelves. I love a solid cap that I can trust when picking up a bottle by it, and the gray one on this fits about as perfectly as it gets. Easy spraying, as well.

(I picked up a bottle of Sova....so good.)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think the blog post talked about the switch from square to cylindrical/rounded. The third pic is definitely new.

Just wondering, is everybody receiving theirs in a grey felt bag?

The full bottle (Norne) was ordered from Eden Portland, and did not arrive in a pouch/bag...could be that the SA did not know or forgot to put it in a bag, or possibly that shop's inventory did not include bags from Slumberhouse(?). The sample set of 6 that I subsequently ordered directly from the Slumberhouse website arrived in a small black velvet bag with black ribbon pull closure near the top of the pouch...this bag is a handy way of keeping all these small samples stored together, although I think it would be too small to hold the (rounded shoulder) full bottle. So, besides being a different material the grey felt bags must also be larger than the one for the sample sets.

Quote Originally Posted by demcav View Post
    The full bottle (Norne) was ordered from Eden Portland, and did not arrive in a pouch/bag...could be that the SA did not know or forgot to put it in a bag, or possibly that shop's inventory did not include bags from Slumberhouse(?). The sample set of 6 that I subsequently ordered directly from the Slumberhouse website arrived in a small black velvet bag with black ribbon pull closure near the top of the pouch...this bag is a handy way of keeping all these small samples stored together, although I think it would be too small to hold the (rounded shoulder) full bottle. So, besides being a different material the grey felt bags must also be larger than the one for the sample sets.
    There are (were?) two sizes of the black felt bags - one for just samples and one for the bottles. I like the black bags fine, but from the picture, I think the gray ones might look a bit cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Just wondering, is everybody receiving theirs in a grey felt bag?
    Yup, mine came in a grey bag, too.

Wait... actually make that 'gray'. C'mon, Buysblind. This is America. On the eve of our election, no less...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    MonkeyBars and hobbes22, I miss you both.

And MonkeyBars, you should try the new iteration of Jeke. It is now sans birch tar and IMO ranks right up there with vintage Tabarome as one of the great tobacco scents of all time. It really sings.
    Miss you too, Brian. Hope you stayed safe in New York throughout that hurricane business.

I really need to try the new Jeke and Sova...

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Yup, mine came in a grey bag, too.

Wait... actually make that 'gray'. C'mon, Buysblind. This is America. On the eve of our election, no less...

But grey's my favourite colour!

I've to be honest, I liked the cube bottle the best. That said, the newest one looks pretty good too. I love thedesign of the bottom...
    Last edited by alfarom; 5th November 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cool that Slumberhouse ships the bottles in a presentation bag, but I can't imagine I'd actually store the bottle in one after arrival. My frags are kept in a dark, climate controlled closet so no need for a superfluous step to get to the frag...black, grey, what the hey?!

I store my backup bottle of Pear+Olive in its bag because it's in my wine fridge, but the bags are generally not necessary after you unbox the frags. I'd guess they are to protect the glass during shipment since they don't have boxes. He's definitely very minimal with the presentation, but I am fine with this given the huge amount of quality materials in the juice.

I honestly don't like the new iteration as much. I prefer the middle (probably because mine are all that) but the cube ones are neat just for the handwritten name. If you order from him he hand writes the address in the same fashion, it's a nice touch.

Looks like the latest styles will all have etched names rather than paper labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Looks like the latest styles will all have etched names rather than paper labels.
    This is awesome if true, where did you see this?

It is true. He is etching all of them starting at some point in the near future.