Code of Conduct

Default Bond No.9 FREE REFILL event

Has anyone taken advantage of this event? It is going on through November 12. Wondering what you got as your refill and your experience.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: Bond No.9 FREE REFILL event

Just got my package in the mail. I ended up buying Riverside Drive and Bleecker Street, and for my "refill" I received West Side. (My first choice for the refill was actually Cooper Square; West Side was my 2nd choice, but I'm happy enough with it). I got all three of these blind.

Initial impressions:

West Side certainly isn't as "feminine" as I had feared - the rose isn't nearly as dominant as I had anticipated. It does, however, remind me of Silver Factory, with the booze and incense. Unfortunately, I already own Silver Factory. So, this might be a bit redundant in my collection. Still quite nice, though.

Riverside Drive is my favorite of the three, so far. I am getting what seems to be anise and a hay-like note in it, which is very nice.

Bleecker Street I am still trying to "get." So far, it sort of strikes me as an updated version of Grey Flannel. Kind of musty, like the soil of a garden in the shade of an old building. Not bad, though. Definitely need to spend more time with this one.

For my three free samples, I had chosen New York Oud, New York Amber and Bond No. 9 Signature. Instead, I received New York Oud, New York Amber and Madison Soirée. So, two out of three ain't bad. Haven't tried them, yet.

I had also purchased six of their samples for $15. I got Wall St., New York Oud, Brooklyn, Cooper Square, West Side, and Washington Square. So far, I have tried Brooklyn (really great, but seems short lived) and Cooper Square (quite nice).

I am becoming a Bond No. 9 fan, but I'm still not sure they are worth paying full retail for. But this refill event seems worth it. I will probably participate in their next event, if I like some of these samples enough.
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 18th December 2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Default Re: Bond No.9 FREE REFILL event