Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default What is You Favorite Fragrance From The House of Guerlain?

I still consider myself a newbie and I have found it be Shalimar......so far! I've still got some testing to do, so, I'd better be getting some samples!
    Last edited by southerngardens; 6th November 2012 at 01:36 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: What is You Favorite Fragrance From The House of Guerlain?

L'Heure Bleue
    Evenstar

With current Guerlains, one gets into the dangerous territory of reformulations. My favorite Guerlain seems to be constantly switching. Currently perhaps Heure Bleue vintage, but then there was Chamade, Derby, Jicky, etc etc

cacio

L'Heure Bleue - but it ain't what it used to be

I wear Sous le Vent more than any other single Guerlain, but I do wear a lot of others . . . Vetiver Pour Elle, Derby, Tonka Imperiale, Vol de Nuit, Jicky, les Eaux it's never-ending, really.

Shalimar. And now my Vol de Nuit.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Of the modern Guerlains, Shalimar in parfum is just right. Excellent work.

The vintages are a minefield, but I smelled vintage Parure EDT that is by far my favorite Guerlain.

I love all vintage Guerlain classics, but Mitsouko the least (I also much prefer the PdT over the Extrait).
    Today Jicky is perfect for me in EdP and Extrait with a slight tendency towards the EdP. The current Vol de Nuit Extrait is perfectly fine, too. Other than that, the classic Guerlains today are a shadow of their former self or destroyed (L'Heure Bleue).

Blog Entries

Samsara. And unlike most, l actually prefer the modern formulation to the vintage; on my skin it is much more diffusive.

Followed by L'Heure Bleue, Shalimar & L'Instant.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Oh!!!!

Mitsouko
    Shalimar pre 2000
    Jicky pdt
    Vol de Nuit
    Monchoir de Monsieur
    Chamade
    Apres L'Ondee(has to be vintage though)
    L'Heure Bleu
    DONNA

My favorite perfume from Guerlain is Spiritueuse Double Vanille.
    I bought this perfume,when i had time range of vanella's perfumes. I think it is the best vanilla's fragrance.
    Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning... smelled like-victory... (colonel Kilgore, "Apocalypse Now")

Sous le Vent

Mouchoire de Monsieur

I prefer the more modern offerings to most of the classic Guerlains, and the ones I like I really like; I've given most on my list 5 stars, and they're among my favorite perfumes regardless of house.

My favorites are -

Iris Ganache
    Shalimar Parfum Initial
    Chamade
    L'Instant
    Samsara
    Parure
    Rose Barbare
    Insolence
    Oriental Brulant
    L'Heure Bleue
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I think if the Guerlinade base works for you, you will probably find many you love, sniff them all. If it doesn't work on you, then try the Aqua Allegorias - I love A A Pampelune and wish they still made A A Gentiana.

I adore Guerlain fragrances. I am lucky enough to have acquired formulations of L'Heure Bleue edp and Mitsouko edp/parfum that smell wonderful to me. I have some vintage-ish Samsara, Vol de Nuit, and some Parure pdt which is incredibly lovely also.

To me, there simply is not a Guerlain I don't at least 'like', and most are 'love'. The Guerlinade base works for me so I am usually happy with what they make.

I am an equal-opportunity Guerlain lover --- I love the classics, but many of the more recent creations appeal strongly to me.

Favorites:
    L'Instant edp
    L'Instant Magic - I am a 'powder' fiend....and this is such a gorgeous, powdery/almondy fragrance. A Back-up bottle was a must
    Shalimar Parfum Initial
    Insolence edp - I like the edp much more than the edt.
    My Insolence - doesn't get much love with many Perfumistas, but it wears wonderfully on me (!)
    Purple Fantasy - " " " " " " "......."
    Chant d'Aromes edt

I saved and saved to buy a bottle of Spiritueuse Double Vanille - Love it
    I WISH I could afford Iris Ganache, Oriental Brûlant

Vintage Shalimar

So many !
    Jicky ( extrait, but EdP is nice too )
    l'heure bleue (extrait, but not the current version)
    mitsouko ( vintage extrait, but the enjoy the current EdP too)
    mouchoir de monsieur
    the eaux ( de Guerlain, du coq etc) in summer
    véga
    and so on and so forth.

Samsara
    Insolence edp
    L'Instant Magique
    Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Vol de Nuit is my deepest love. It is quite unlike anything else I have ever experienced and I find it deeply pleasing and satisfying in a way that nothing else comes close to. I also love vintage Nahema and Chamade.

I have just purchased a L'Heure Bleu in a blue box with an Art Deco style of decoration on it, in silver I think. Can anyone tell me how old this particular EDT would be?

bois d'armenie

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by MorganFay View Post
    Vintage Shalimar
    +1

Let me also say that Djedi is also something VERY special, but because it's so rare and expensive I've never owned enough to see if I'd like it 'better' than Shalimar.

Also, I wear vintage Shalimar Eau de Cologne, the most. But the one I think it the best (overall) is vintage Extrait from the 1960's era. Just jaw dropping amazingly beautiful. If you've never smelled this then you still haven't really experienced Shalimar in it's full force. Seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    ...I have just purchased a L'Heure Bleu in a blue box with an Art Deco style of decoration on it, in silver I think. Can anyone tell me how old this particular EDT would be?
    Can you post a photo of the box, that would help me understand your description? Does it look like the below?

Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th November 2012 at 12:22 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

How is the longevity on the vintage Shalimar Eau de Cologne?

Hi Mike
    That's the one. Can you tell me anything about it?

My vintage Shalimar edc wears so well. It is one of my favorites.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    How is the longevity on the vintage Shalimar Eau de Cologne?
    Fantastic. Of course, everyone's skin chemistry/experiences are subjective but I find it very satisfying. 'Newer' EdC will do the job but it's not as rich, deep and plush as the vintage (1960's) juice in the black and white zig zag pattern. My round disc shaped bottle that I recently got (as a backup, so I haven't opened it up) looks like this:

And in case you're wondering, IMO Shalimar tends to age very well. Not sure if its the ingredients (vintage Shalimar has real Mysore sandalwood in it), etc but I've bought so many bottles of it and I've never bought a 'bad' bottle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Vintage Shalimar parfum. The black/white zigzag box one I have is the most amazing perfume I've ever smelled.

If we limit it to current production, I'd say Vol de Nuit parfum, followed by Jicky EdP.

Looking at only the masculines, vintage Habit Rouge EdT or current extrait followed by Derby. I've never smelled vintage Derby, though, so this may not be a fair comparison.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Plus

Impossible to list just one favorite - it's Guerlain we're talking about!

My love affairs:-

vintage Shalimar pdt
    vintage Mitsouko edc
    vintage Vol de Nuit
    Jicky edp + extrait
    Derby
    vintage Samsara
    Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    Sous le Vent

...likely more once I finally get round to wearing them. Amazing house...consider yourself, warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    Hi Mike
    That's the one. Can you tell me anything about it?
    Apologies if I'm stepping on Mike's toes.
    I remembered reading an article about these bottles here: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.co.uk/...-not-fake.html

My favorites are My Insolence (when applied lightly--otherwise too powdery) and Gourmand Coquin (a nice chocolate rum).

Vintage Shalimar EDC - mesmerizing stuff!

Mitsouko
    Jicky
    Shalimar

Dare I even say it here.... I'm a traitor to the fold.... most Guerlains just don't suit my skin... and I actually dislike Mitsouko.

Insolence is very pretty on my daughter but I'm gently trading my Guerlains in for some vintage houbigants. Ssssh

Cowers under the table whilst the bottles fly by her head

Banned

all Guerlain vintages are worth admiration and keep your breath away! Thas the truth for
    Apres L Ondee, as well as for Shalimar, L Heure Bleue, Mitsouko( allthough this one ticks less with my body chemistry) and most probably many others i have not tried yet (Jicky, MdM, HR)

They are all like a little piece of art.

Sadly nowdays Guerlain ruined all their scents they are not what they used to be, they all seem to be replica of the old masterpieces, plastic fruit in a bowl , or printed Picasso picture on your wall! becasue the emotion and atmosphere they created cant be reached with synthetics and dillution they put nowdays!! This is such a pitty because vintage perfume market probably would not be developed as much it is now

from Guerlain modern scents my favourite is Insolence edp, it has very very nice drydown!! really amazing
    Last edited by iivanita; 6th November 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Fantastic. Of course, everyone's skin chemistry/experiences are subjective but I find it very satisfying. 'Newer' EdC will do the job but it's not as rich, deep and plush as the vintage (1960's) juice in the black and white zig zag pattern. My round disc shaped bottle that I recently got (as a backup, so I haven't opened it up) looks like this:

And in case you're wondering, IMO Shalimar tends to age very well. Not sure if its the ingredients (vintage Shalimar has real Mysore sandalwood in it), etc but I've bought so many bottles of it and I've never bought a 'bad' bottle.
    Thank you Mike! Most colognes don't last long and I stand corrected with Shalimar EdC. It sounds as if I have been missing out on some nice Shalimar!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Dare I even say it here.... I'm a traitor to the fold.... most Guerlains just don't suit my skin... and I actually dislike Mitsouko.

Insolence is very pretty on my daughter but I'm gently trading my Guerlains in for some vintage houbigants. Ssssh

Cowers under the table whilst the bottles fly by her head
    LOL Mumsy!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off topic...I got my first bottle of Mitsouko the other day and I had posted on the men's side that I was a little apprehensive about wearing it out, lest someone spot me as a pod person or something. Well I am so pleased that I hung on to my favorite saying and was myself today and wore it proudly to vote, to the Dr's office and all around town!
    Some gracious folks gave me some unisex frag samples when I first stepped aboard and now I have the confidence to wear them all out!

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off topic...I got my first bottle of Mitsouko the other day and I had posted on the men's side that I was a little apprehensive about wearing it out, lest someone spot me as a pod person or something. Well I am so pleased that I hung on to my favorite saying and was myself today and wore it proudly to vote, to the Dr's office and all around town!
    Some gracious folks gave me some unisex frag samples when I first stepped aboard and now I have the confidence to wear them all out!
    Last edited by southerngardens; 6th November 2012 at 04:17 PM.

I keep trying to love Guerlains. It's the sweetish puddingy notes that I find unsettling. The perfumes are superbly blended and I admire them. I just don't like many of them on me. Are there any green bitter chypres or a dry leather types in the Guerlain range?

I have smelled Samsara, Shalimar, Mitsouko, L'heure Blue, about three Aqua Allegorias ( I cannot remember which at the moment), I think I've smelled Cologne du 68, and I have a few in hand to smell. There are only 248 in the directory so there must be something I love there. I will just have to smell more..... oh dear

I'm going to resurrect some reviews made from long ago on a sample pass:-

180 Ans - This on me is something like almonds, possibly vanilla, lemony turning to orange flower with a touch of rum and spice. It reminds me of the smell of the Christmas pudding mixture but as a gentle perfume. Also a bit like baby powder with almonds in. Not what I was expecting but very well blended and it presents itself gracefully. After 30 minutes on my skin it gets a bit peachy for me, but I cannot wear Mitsouko either and I turn Shalimar to powder.... It dried down rather softly and wasn't my sort of smell, but is obviously well blended and I can see it will be lovely on the right skin. This voyage of Guerlain will be very interesting for me.

Cuir Beluga - Guerlain - I'm getting spices and powder. It smells like a very subtle Moroccan market stall. Hot vanilla and something like cardomon with a hint of nuts and fruit skins, maybe apricots. There are new leather jackets hanging in the distance giving a sharp newly cured note, like an almondy note, almost like a chocolate vanilla with a tiny lifting top note similar to a menthol lift without the mint. Not a young persons smell. It dries down to a sophisticated velvety, spicy, vanilla powder and remains there for ages. I'm not sure I would like to wear this. The sharp note on the vanilla reminds me too much of baby sick, albeit not unpleasant.

Attrape Coeur - Guerlain - Exactly as a perfume should be in my textbook version in my head. Opening slightly spicy, heady, heavy floral creamy heliotrope with the changes morphing very gently and imperceptably. It reminds me of a dark violet flower opening slowly up on my hand, gently allowing me to smell deeper and deeper to a creamy centre. There is a fruity note lifting it away from the cloying zone, but not dominating. It melts gently into a soft bed of ambery, spicy, flower petals but doesn't ever get too floral or too vanilla. This is my favourite Guerlain so far and I think my favourite of all the pass the parcel frags so far. I may have to buy this one. It feels classy, womanly and sophisticated.

Angelique Noire - Guerlain - This gave a sharp greenish blast initially but settled down quickly to a gentle sweetie-esque green powder. It has a slight sharp edge that I do like along with a faint peppery note, although that could be me. This one reminds me of just bathed babies covered in Johnsons baby powder. Too sweet for me but a pleasant enough smell. I like the green note of it and would like to use it in my perfumes. I would be curious to know it's full ingredients list.

Gourmand Coquin - Guerlain - Across between a fluffy cat and pudding. Then on comes the vanilla talc again with cafe au lait and an underlying musky, dusty smell. Wierd at first, but gets nicer as it goes along. I definitely wouldn't wear this one, I would rather drink it before I went to bed. It has a Ovaltine type comforting smell, almost malty.

Philtre d'Amour - Guerlain - At last a let up from talc...A bright and cheerful citrus and spice beginning. Very fresh and with a twist of a barley sugar. This would be a lovely aftershave on a man. Lovely and fresh for a hot sunny day.

Boise Torride - Guerlain - I like the opening of this. Spicy sweeties with woody oranges. It reminds me of Christmas and wood polish. I see this on a man too. I love orientals so I like this one. It is very gentle and lovely on the spicy notes.

Purple Fantasy - Guerlain - This reminds me of jasmine rice with a delicate lemongrass flavoured thai meal. There is a tiny hint of something like caramel there too. I didn't mind it but it isn't a classic.

My Guerlain summary is that I am delighted to have had the opportunity to try these lovely fragrances, so thank you very much. The quality of Guerlain sings out loud and clear, even if I didn't like the blend.

Basenotes Institution

mumsy if you like Philtre d'Amour then you must try Sous le Vent!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Mike! Most colognes don't last long and I stand corrected with Shalimar EdC. It sounds as if I have been missing out on some nice Shalimar!

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome.

Good for wearing what you want and not worrying about what others think. Life is too short. Enjoy your fragrances today, now! F*ck what people think about them, it's important only what you think.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm in the 1967 vintage extrait Shalimar club, turned on to it by mikeperez xoxo. ruined forever.

after that, in no particular order...Mitsouko, Jicky PdT, Vol de Nuit parfum, Attrape Coeur was my wedding fragrance, Parure, Cuir Beluga, Iris Ganache, Plus Que Jamais, Shanghai, Apres L'Ondee...so many I have yet to try...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

L'Heure Bleue -- I wear mostly EDP, preferably when it's cold and gray and overcast but hasn't*
    made up its mind to rain -- and Tonka Imperiale, which has the sense of a stripped-down, modernized flanker to LHB to my nose and more importantly holds up beautifully in all sorts of weather (sweltering heat, cold, or middling -- handles them
    all gracefully.)

Mitsouko (parfum) squeaks in at third. I still love it and find it easy to wear, but I find that of late my opportunities to wear it have diminished.

And I'd be remiss if I left out the Vol de Nuit shimmer powder from last Christmas. Extravagant, yes, but both charming on my vanity and surprisingly very useful.*

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I just HAVE to try Vol de Nuit! I seen it pop up here in this thread and I have heard so many great things about it. I have it on good authority that it's a fine unisex frag!

L'Heure Bleue, for sure. But I love so many of the Guerlains--it's my favorite house.

Southerngardens, I finally broke down and bought Vol de Nuit. Yes, it is great, but it has no staying power for me. 30-40 mins. tops. I have read others on BN saying something similar. Yes, it is very unisex.

Can't pick one...it's a tie between Bois d'Armenie and Rose Barbare.
    Last edited by pomander; 7th November 2012 at 02:43 AM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Of the Guerlain's I have tried, Tonka Imperiale and then Mitsouko are my favourite, I have yet to try MANY Guerlains?

Where does one try some of the vintage Shalimar, habit rouges etc? Seems many of you have tried it and i don't know how to get my hands on some haha

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Canuck, try the Crystal Flacon website. they have hundreds of people, some from Basenotes, that sell decants, samples and some bottles of vintage frags.

For me, it pans out this way:

JICKY
    MOUCHOIR de MONSIEUR
    SHALIMAR

It's unfortunate that all of these masterpieces have been destroyed by current formulations. It's a crime, actually.

Others I like, but can't quite wear:

HABIT ROUGE
    APRES L'ONDEE
    L'HEURE BLEUE
    CHAMADE
    VOL DE NUIT

All the Guerlain classics are superb in their own way. The wasser scents I don't care for a single one personally. If they're not blatantly derivative they're merely common.
    Last edited by le mouchoir de monsieur; 7th November 2012 at 06:47 AM.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

I'm sporting vintage L'heure Bleue today courtesy of a kind BNer sample box.

A very beautiful rendition indeed and I can see why there is such love for this smoothly blended beauty. It must be my skin doing funny things to all Guerlains. I have had it on for only ten minutes at the most and that strong spicy talcum powder orris accord is already raising it's head. It's very, very lovely but I don't want to smell like a freshly talcum powdered babies bum. However it is extremely nice talc. I'm getting a christmas pudding in the distance, a bakers yeasty currant bun in a warm kitchen. Nice, but I shall keep trying for a favourite Guerlain.

- - - Updated - - -

I would imagine this one would have had a strong influence on Mr Serge Lutens. I think I see an echo in his frags from this.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    but I shall keep trying for a favourite Guerlain.
    Sous le Vent? Possibly new Vol de Nuit Extrait?

Vintage Vol de Nuit, no doubt

Yes Mumsy. I'ts Sous Le Vent for you m'girl.

Oh, I love so many Guerlains...

Let's see:
    Shalimar in all incarnations from vintage to modern, from EDT to extrait
    Shalimar Parfum Initial
    L'Heure Bleu
    Jicky
    Mitsouko
    Apres l'Ondee
    Sous le Vent
    Angelique Noir
    Tonka Imperiale
    Heritage (not in modern EDT though)
    Terracotta Voile d'Ete
    Terracotta Eau sous le Vent
    AA Herba Fresca
    AA Mandarine-Basilic
    AA Lys Soleia
    AA Angelique-Lilas

Haven't tried them all but Shalimar is the one I've worn most consistently over the years, on and off. I prefer edc and parfum, not so much the newer versions. Many of the classic Guerlains that I admire I have trouble wearing for some reason. I love Jicky edt. I don't pay much attention to Guerlain as a house...there are so many releases (umpteen formuations of Shalimar) that I can't keep up, and I don't have access. The Aqua Allegoria line is fun, though I don't love them all. Mitsouko was never my friend. I love Insolence, but I have to be in the mood for it. It's so sweet...and I love sweet, but sometimes I hate it. Given my choice today, I'd go for a big sealed in box bottle of vintage Shalimar edc, one of Jicky, and a vintage parfum of Shalimar. Those two are my quintessential Guerlains. Keep all the rest and give me those, and I'd be happy.

Hard to choose, but I have several in my rotation:

Chamade
    L'Heure Bleue
    Jicky (EDP)
    Mitsouko (EDP and parfum)
    Vol de Nuit parfum
    Habit Rouge (all versions are wonderful)
    Vetiver
    Derby
    Coriolan
    Insolence EDP (powerful!)
    Apres L'Ondee
    Samsara (love sandalwood!)

I guess I like Guerlain, an old perfume house with a REAL pedigree.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I forgot to mention Shalimar Parfum Initial. I think that it is wonderful! Thank You Bonsai! Also Habit Rouge.

Canuck, try the Crystal Flacon website. they have hundreds of people, some from Basenotes, that sell decants, samples and some bottles of vintage frags.
    Will do, thanks !

Samsara ,Samsara Shine(aka Fruity Samsara),Un Air de Samsara(aka Minty Samsara)Hmm.. Do I like Samsara or what?
    Also like Mahora,and Mitsy,and AACherry Blossom and AA Rosa Magnifica.LHB was nice as I recall need to FB that and Mitsy soon.
    Fragrance Omnivore

+1 for Mouchoir and Shalimar Initial!

I also want to add Arsene Lupin Dandy (violet leather) and Voyages London 04 (spices and jam/leather).
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Shalimar Parfum Initial is awesome (so dry and DRY)
    Also the LONDON is great.
    Last but not least the Les Deserts D'Orient scents are AMAZING

Mumsy wrote:"Cuir Beluga - Guerlain - I'm getting spices and powder. It smells like a very subtle Moroccan market stall. Hot vanilla and something like cardomon with a hint of nuts and fruit skins, maybe apricots. There are new leather jackets hanging in the distance giving a sharp newly cured note, like an almondy note, almost like a chocolate vanilla with a tiny lifting top note similar to a menthol lift without the mint. Not a young persons smell. It dries down to a sophisticated velvety, spicy, vanilla powder and remains there for ages. I'm not sure I would like to wear this. The sharp note on the vanilla reminds me too much of baby sick, albeit not unpleasant."

Cuir Beluga is one of my favourite Guerlains and I am astonished at the notes she picks up in this one (baby sick!!!)
    I never fail to get compliments when wearing it. I find it a smooth, apricot suede with no spice at all.

I also love Shalimar (vintage), Mitsouko (vintage), AA Mandarine Basilic and Shalimar Parfum Initial.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

My fave Guerlain used to be Chant d'Arômes but the last time I bought it it had been gutted of any trace of plum or chypre, whch were the notes that made it different from any other floral aldehydic. Now it's just a generic powdery aldehydic, pleasant but without individuality. Please bring back the fruity and chypre notes--Thierry Wasser, are you listening?

So now my favourite has become Cherry Blossom, dry, discreet, enigmatic. Love it. It has been reintroduced so many times I hope they decide to put it in the permanent collection at a more reasonable price.

Parure parfum, followed closely by Parure edt. Both of these are masterpieces of the feminine chypre genre, IMO. They're stunningly beautiful, but at the same time quite refined, formal, and even a bit distant and uninviting. I prefer both concentrations to any of the concentrations of Mitsouko I've tried.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I've only tried a few. Adore the Shalimar edc I got on ebay and the Mitsouko as well. Samsara also a favorite. Don't care for the Shalimar edp I've tried at the perfume counter, this must be the reformulation I hear about on threads. Looking forward to trying L'Heure Bleue, Vol de Nuit and Jicky.

Mitsouko, Chant d'arômes (hello FiveOaksBouquet, I haven't tried its latest version...) and Samsara.