Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Pour Homme bottles

Hello I'm interested in getting a bottle of the Kenzo Pour Homme, I'm hearing it was reforulated like everything else these days! I'm seeing a few different bottles like a Aqua color, a dark blue and one with leaves or something on it.need some help choosing the original which I heard smelled better then the reform.Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.

Default Re: Kenzo Pour Homme bottles

Hey, welcome to basenotes

I bought a bottle recently and it is now Kenzo Homme rather than Pour Homme. I thought I initially smelled a difference from the original Pour Homme fragrance but after a few sprays I was unable to spot any change.

If I were you, I'd just go ahead and buy what's available. If it has been reformulated I can't tell and it's an amazing scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, now this is where I really struggle: trying to describe this scent.

When I first sampled it, I didn't like it. AT ALL. It smelled very alcohol-like, synthetic and harsh.

After numerous sprays I found it became extremely addictive,principally because it is so unique. I honestly think iit smells like nothing else out there. When I hear comparisons with Cool Water or other aquatics I just scratch my head. It's not on the same planet in my book.

Anyway, whatever description I give will not do it any justice. Bear that in mind. The initial blast is a little harsh but quickly dries down to a seaweedy, sea-breezy,iodine floral which feels mmm...fresh and mysterious. Then the sandalwood and bamboo rubber comes in. And stays. And it's this rubbery note that is real love/hate territory. I love it. It becomes creamy and rubbery and woody and sea breezy altogether. Powerful longevity on my skin. All year round scent for me. Not a signature scent as it's just too damn odd, but I wear it very often and have been through 2 100ml bottles.

I would suggest try before you buy as some really don't like it, but for me - total masterpiece and utterly unique.

Haven't noticed much of a difference over the years. Still smells pretty great but I've only been knowing it since about 2007.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

A great aquatic and different than any other.
    The bottle with the leaves is the vintage (pictured in BN directory).
    The plain and smooth bottle is the new one. I don't really know the new jus but glad am reading that it hasn't changed.

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile now. Here's my chance since this topic popped up. Anyone else think the dry down of this fragrance smells like "barber shop?" I've noticed a few times now that by the end of a work day, I detect a scent similar to Pinaud Clubman or Canoe. It's not overpowering and sits close to my skin by this point (8+ hours), but for me -- it's there.

Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    Anyone else think the dry down of this fragrance smells like "barber shop?"
    Personally don't get that vibe.

I get it slightly, but its more of a lower accord and not the main accord of the dry-down.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Just bought Kenzo Homme yesterday, and this is my second day wearing it. This is nice stuff, It smells like you're at the beach near the surf in late afternoon, when it's slightly foggy and the sky is a hazy turquoise. This amazing cologne is now in my top five, a near perfect scent.

A little bit I think, but with me it's after about twelve hours. This cologne is really well blended. Amazing as a matter of fact; it's nearly perfect from start to finish, in my humble opinion. When I put it on, within thirty minutes in my mind I'm at the beach on a cool afternoon standing near the ocean. The dry down late the same night does remind me of a barbershop scent, but even that is so well done, much better than the main notes on YSL Rive Gauche, which I own and like. This cologne is the best 29 bucks I've spent in a while, and the way things are going I'm going to invest in a few backup bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this for awhile now. Here's my chance since this topic popped up. Anyone else think the dry down of this fragrance smells like "barber shop?" I've noticed a few times now that by the end of a work day, I detect a scent similar to Pinaud Clubman or Canoe. It's not overpowering and sits close to my skin by this point (8+ hours), but for me -- it's there.

Is it just me?
    A little bit I think, but with me it's after about twelve hours. This cologne is really well blended. Amazing as a matter of fact; it's nearly perfect from start to finish, in my humble opinion. When I put it on, within thirty minutes in my mind I'm at the beach on a cool afternoon standing near the ocean. The dry down late the same night does remind me of a barbershop scent, but even that is so well done, much better than the main notes on YSL Rive Gauche, which I own and like. This cologne is the best 29 bucks I've spent in a while, and the way things are going I'm going to invest in a few backup bottles.

I've not noticed any dramatic change in formula over the years. I have the bottle with leaves. Nice scent.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

The fragrance has remained (at least, on a significant level and in my personal opinion) largely consistent over the years, the same moderate projection but also quite smooth and fresh white floral-citrus dominant aquatic, with some faint woodiness and mossiness in the background.

Hello, I am also interested in this one. Unfortunately I am lost in which to buy as my shop here in the city literally sells 3 versions of the Kenzo Pour Homme. I went to the shop they they have on blueish/greenish bottle with a leaf on it, a transparent bottle and a blue bottle with nothing on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    The fragrance has remained (at least, on a significant level and in my personal opinion) largely consistent over the years, the same moderate projection but also quite smooth and fresh white floral-citrus dominant aquatic, with some faint woodiness and mossiness in the background.
    You hit the nail right on the head. I'm probably going to invest in one of the other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matzone View Post
    Hello, I am also interested in this one. Unfortunately I am lost in which to buy as my shop here in the city literally sells 3 versions of the Kenzo Pour Homme. I went to the shop they they have on blueish/greenish bottle with a leaf on it, a transparent bottle and a blue bottle with nothing on it!
    As I understand it, the bottle that says "Kenzo Homme" and that has a smooth bottle is a new formulation, ( just bought it, smells great!) the one with leaves and that says, "Kenzo pour Homme" is the older formulation. I'm going to try and find the older one just to see if there's a diffrence, but when in doubt, I usually go with the older version, or I buy both.