Code of Conduct

Cool A Polished Turd: A Review Of Bulgari Homme Soir

So the top notes.... There's no easy way to say this, the most prominent first to note is... well... poo, dung, caca, whatever you want to call it, the most prominent top note of Bulgari Homme Soir is feces followed closely by anise. It's all a bit like smelling your BM after downing a bottle of Sambuca.

That said, if you can survive it for about 30 minutes to an hour it dries down to an absolutely lovely musky anise that I enjoy a great deal. It's not a causal fragrance I'm afraid, this is strictly a suit and tie affair with some tea notes that occasionally peek through.

Stays close to the skin with longevity of around 6-8 hours. I do, in fact, recommend this, but only to those who are willing to endure one of the most foul top notes in the business.

Default Re: A Polished Turd: A Review Of Bulgari Homme Soir

Love the imagery in your description!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Polish turds to go with suit and tie? Just what kind of dirty business are we dealing with here?

I got neither feces nor anise from my mini of this, just a rather wan watery lemon (tea) and light musk with slight accents of papyrus. I guess I was hoping for more from the Darjeeling tea note.

Wow, never heard of that comparison with this fragrance. I own a bottle and I get a slightly metallic earthy tea fragrance. I find it to be reminiscent of Creed Spice and Wood and sometimes even Silver Mountain Water. It reminds me of rain on the earthy soil. A nice designer frag IMO.

Interesting... Not getting anything fecal on this one. A little tea, a little anise, a Limey citrus going into kind of a generic mainstream wood. Nice work fragrance - especially for meetings when you don't want to blow your clients out (though mine are starting to get used to Royal Oud and Aventus). I don't see it as only suit and tie wear. I'm happy to wear it when doing yard work or getting garbage cans in my pyjamas .

Does your diet consist of tea and papyrus mainly? :-)

Banned

My impressions ↓↓↓ are quite contrary to yours:

Bulgari pour Homme Soir by Bulgari - An initial burst of refreshing bergamot, halfway between a lemon and an orange, with its tart and juicy green and very faint mint-like aspects, professes the clean and fresh opening. The darjeeling tea beckons the invigorating bergamot to stew in the heart, and infuses it with its somewhat powdery and medicinal woodiness morphing the sharp citrus into a more fruity bent. Guaiacwood, with its honey and smoky features, and papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a background for the simmering brew, which has acquired a sweet and wet earthiness. The waiting base, with its soft and almost syrupy amber as well as its radiant and slightly soapy musk, tugs for recognition and carries the tea blend to its delightful drydown. This classy fragrance can be an all-season treat, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent, and good longevity.

^I find this description also much more accurate.

Bulgari Man and Soir are one of the best made mainstream scents out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    ^I find this description also much more accurate.

Bulgari Man and Soir are one of the best made mainstream scents out there.
    I agree...this is one of my all time favorites.

Never got the turd vibe from BPH Soir which I find to be a very soothing, pleasant and understated fragrance that should be mentioned more here and there.

I'm pretty sensitive to fecal notes, indole, civet, cumin, and other "bodily function" type notes. Having said that, I detect nothing that resembles bodily fluids, BO, or anything of that nature. I get earthy tea, powder, and wood. It's a decent fragrance, not very complex.

May be something wrong with your sniffer.

Love Soir, gotten many good comments on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I got neither feces nor anise from my mini of this, just a rather wan watery lemon (tea) and light musk with slight accents of papyrus. I guess I was hoping for more from the Darjeeling tea note.
    Mee tooo. Ze office zent, perfecto!

no pooo poooo and no caaa caaa floating around in my bottle.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post

Bulgari pour Homme Soir by Bulgari - An initial burst of refreshing bergamot, halfway between a lemon and an orange, with its tart and juicy green and very faint mint-like aspects, professes the clean and fresh opening. The darjeeling tea beckons the invigorating bergamot to stew in the heart, and infuses it with its somewhat powdery and medicinal woodiness morphing the sharp citrus into a more fruity bent. Guaiacwood, with its honey and smoky features, and papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a background for the simmering brew, which has acquired a sweet and wet earthiness. The waiting base, with its soft and almost syrupy amber as well as its radiant and slightly soapy musk, tugs for recognition and carries the tea blend to its delightful drydown. This classy fragrance can be an all-season treat, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent, and good longevity.
    +1 - nothing fecal about this mainstream designer frag to my nose - if you asked me about SL MKK, then I got fecals all over that frag, but this is just tea, lemon and a bit of bergamot and dry lemon.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Has very good projection, sillage & longevity even with small application.
    But to me: very offensive and nauseating! I think I've some kind of abnormal allergy to this!
    I much much prefer the original one, although that doesn't impress me very much too!

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post

Yes this is more accurate. This is probably the first time I completely disagree with the OP. Fecal note??!! None for me! One of my favorites!

I had a 1 ml sample of this, didn't like it at all, and threw it away.
    Having tried several, to me the only Bvlgaris worth anything are Black and Man.

I just sprayed some on my hand.
    I can't say I like that opening note much at all either. But it doesn't smell fecal to me.
    I only bought Soir to round out my collection of Bvlgaris, as it was going for $20.
    Regards,
    Renato