Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Tuesday 6th November 2012

Good morning fragrant ones,

Its well and truly winter up here, absolutely baltic!

I will be in my newest purchase - Creed Neroli Sauvage

I hope everyone has a good day today!

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday 6th November 2012

Hello all.

Well, as I am wearing a pale lilac sweater decided to go for an iris fragrance today. OCD or what people???? No actually it was a whim.

So picked up 28 La Pausa, but decided to try SL Bois Soir. Picked up wrong box(sorry but my uncle Serge boxes are altogether), in fact picked up Vitriol d'Oeillet by mistake and decided no I will wear you instead.
    DONNA

Hi Donna - Vd'O is quite nice actually!!
    I am feeling the cold too and wearing Cinnabar.-
    my "central heating" scent.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Morning all,

Freezing here also - noticed a hard frost on the cars as I left the house this morning. Brrrrrrrrr.
    Back to Black today.

Best to everyone.

Vanille 44

L'Artisan Mûre et Musc.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

No frost here and not expected this week (that's the good news), but still not pleasant weather...
    Anyway, Jicky Extrait for me today.
    Best to all

Vol de Nuit, as inspired by Your Favorite Guerlain thread.

Basenotes Plus

Just back from voting and am now coated in Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance
    Notes include lavender, rose, patchouli, and vanilla

Wish you all a very good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good afternoon. Big day for our US friends.

SOTD is Un Lys by Serge Lutens.

goldeneaster.jpg
    Do happy

.Bonjour Mesdames!
    Aramis - Havana

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Tuesday 6th November 2012

P A T C H O U L I
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Banned

lovely scents today!

november rose

and i wear again my orange-rose-incense perfume Maharanih intense, btw i almost emptied a bottle of Lady vengeance
    its pathcouly rose, very strong , that was before perfume bug got me and i used only one perfume at a time hehe

Serge Lutens ~ Santal Majascule (sample).

Ha! Donna, you did make me laugh. Only a perfumista....Anyway, I bet you look and smell wonderful.

I woke up to yesterdays Chypre Palatin! By this morning it was the most beautiful sweet balsamic vanilla with the memory of the floral leather heart, and a soft castoreum. Exactly like one should smell when waking from a magical romantic adventure. Utterly gorgeous. Want.

Hard to follow in terms of indulgence, but I'm going to the dentist so decided on Lumiere Noir. If that makes sense.

Belated good wishes to Kiliwia and hoping for reassurances and good news.
    Last edited by Foustie; 6th November 2012 at 02:39 PM.

We had frost this morning for the first time this season, but it has melted in the sun. It was cold waiting in line to vote! The line from the school gym stretched outside into the parking lot. After all my complaining over the summer I'm not going say another word about the cold. Wearing Shalimar edc this morning. I like it on a nippy day. Love to everybody. xo

- - - Updated - - -

Fragranceman88, I know a Mississippi man who spent some time in Aberdeen when he was younger. He said he had never been so cold in his entire life. Stay warm!

Hello everyone -

I'm in YSL Parisienne this morning. Y'all have a wonderful day!

Foustie - makes sense to me! You smell gorgeous, and I'm sure your dentist will appreciate that.

Don't worry lilybelle - it'll be cold here soon, so I'll probably be gripin' enough for both of us.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Good morning all!

We are having a strange week. A Nor'easter is expected tomorrow with more wind and coastal flooding and even some snow/sleet. Very odd to be getting this so early in the year, and unfortunate for those along the shoreline who are still reeling (and some still without power) from last week's hurricane.

To add to the zaniness, my daughter's high school's repairs from the hurricane damage still aren't finished, so they are actually going to hold classes this week in a local theater. We got the class seating information email-- it's nuts!

example: AP Psychology: rear orchestra row 207 (with World History class taking place at the same time in the adjacent row 206.)
    Other classes are in the balcony, the mezzanine etc.

It will be an adventure-- with some interesting memories and stories to tell their own kids someday, in any case!

We are headed to the polls and then the mall in a little while. I will go unscented so as to try whatever scents I find that are new.

Blog Entries

SotD - Chergui by Serge Lutens (from yuyu15's decant, thanks!)

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Don't worry lilybelle - it'll be cold here soon, so I'll probably be gripin' enough for both of us.
    Good deal. And you smell lovely today. I love Parisienne. It is just *granny* enough to meet my very high standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    example: AP Psychology: rear orchestra row 207 (with World History class taking place at the same time in the adjacent row 206.)
    Other classes are in the balcony, the mezzanine etc.
    That is interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Good deal. And you smell lovely today. I love Parisienne. It is just *granny* enough to meet my very high standards.
    Haha, thanks! I actually have it on my swap list, but I thought I'd give it another go figuring the little ballerinas would approve. But now I'm trying to remember what I didn't like about it ...perhaps the rubber/vinyl note, but it's okay so far.

See? This is exactly why I can't ever give anything up - I'm too afraid I'll love it one day, lol!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Cravin citrus, specifically lemon but as I don't have a strong lemon scent, it's O de L'Orangerie by Lancome, which does have some citrus.
    Last edited by kalli; 6th November 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

LadyM, you smell lovely! I think Un Lys is vastly underrated. The light musky vanilla base is done with such a gentle hand, it's hard to believe it's from Uncle Serge.

I am in Ava Luxe Bois Exotique EDP again today. The blast of green in the opening always surprises me but made me smile this morning, for some reason. The warm woods with just a touch of amber is just wonderful and longevity was not an issue for me. Although it stayed closer to the skin as the day wore on, my morning spritz lasted through my evening yoga class and into bedtime. Love. This.

Lol, donna, you made me giggle too! I think we've all been there! I like my perfume to "go with" my outfit too. If only in my own mind.

In my favorite leather boots today and Cuir de Russie to match. Off to the polls to stand out in the cold; our lines are 45 min.- 2hrs. long here. Sure hope the candidates appreciate us!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning my fragrant brothers and sisters. Hope that you are having a wonderful day. Today I am wearing Dior Homme Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Foustie - makes sense to me! You smell gorgeous, and I'm sure your dentist will appreciate that.
    See, I just knew that you folks would get it!

Foustie, Chypre Palatin sounds wonderful and is now on my to sample mental list.
    Happy voting to all the US peeps, and I'm having some friends over tonight for election watching. Will be drinking some wine to make it through that
    PdN Vanille Tonka for the day.

Chamade Pour Homme by Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Everyone smells GREAT today.

It's warm here (but since I lost weight from the virus, I seem to be 'chilly' all of the time, so I'm wearing a blazer at my desk). Decided to take a break from the orientals, which is what I reach for in the cool weather, to try my brand new sample of (thank you 30 Roses!!):

Fleurs de Gardenia by Creed

It's nice, but I'm not that impressed...of course I'll give it another full wearing but for now it's very much about jasmine and other 'fleurs' not gardenia. My gardenia threshold is sort of high. (giggle)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good Evening,

All this talk of new restrictions on perfume had me reaching for Vintage Mitsouko extrait. Take That, E.U. Bureaucrats !

Everyone smells lovely today, as always.
    Xo.

Am in Ormonde Women today.

It's another 80º day here in SF, and I needed something not very rich or cloying. Speaking of which, I really need to invest in a couple of warm weather scents.
    Last edited by whimsicaldiva; 6th November 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Micallef Arabian Diamond for me today

Hey y'all -
    I'm in Yves Rocher Rose Absolue for the afternoon.

Blog Entries

SOTD: New York by Parfums de Nicolai.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Foustie, Chypre Palatin sounds wonderful and is now on my to sample mental list.
    Happy voting to all the US peeps, and I'm having some friends over tonight for election watching. Will be drinking some wine to make it through that
    PdN Vanille Tonka for the day.
    Cello, do you believe it? I thought about YOU when I was wearing this. I tell you I did! None left or I would send it on.... I posted a review if you want to have a look.

Basenotes Plus

Delivered meals on wheels this morning wearing Caron Nuit de Noel edt. It's cold here and a little drizzly, so the Caron was perfect.

Tonight for work, I want to wear something cozy. It tends to be warm inside the building and that always amplifies scent on my skin.

MFK's Absolue Pour le Matin. LOVE this stuff!

PS: Voting was a snap here in St Louis, not so in NJ & NY. Please say a prayer for the northeast, as they prepare for yet another Nor'Easter.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN; Diesel Zero Plus.

Voted early this morning in Fracas and my Fluevogs...
    SotN is Bois de Paradis.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Reglisse Noire today. Very nice, I don't like winter but I do like the Reglisse and I only like it in the winter, so I guess that's an upside.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Drive-by posting to post my SOTD: Angel Liqueur de Parfum.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Election Day. My SotD was Cartier's So Pretty.

SotE is Bal a Versailles.

I am wearing Bois et Fruits today.