Code of Conduct

Question Designer Rose or Raspberry

A girlfriend of mine has requested a fragrance containing a dominant rose or raspberry note.
    I am extremely grateful for any suggestions, but please bear in mind it MUST be a mainstream designer fragrance and nothing niche. It doesn' t have to be a recent fragrance ~ it can be a classic.
    Thanks for your help.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Designer Rose or Raspberry

Trish McEvoy Number 9 is a BLACKBERRY note- I'm a raspberry lover and I fell head over heels for that one. It's not as sweet as some of the raspberry perfumes that I've smelled and actually smells like...well real blackberries.

Basenotes Institution

Hot Couture by Givenchy
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I too wanted to say Hot Couture.

In mainstream, my favorite rose is Calandre - it's unclear if it's still in production, but if it is, France will have it. Cheaper, that most dependable, inexpensive Anais Anais.

But why does it have to be mainstream? You are in France and parfums de Rosine has several candidates (including rose + berry).

cacio

Tresor Midnight Rose is both rose and raspberry--the raspberry smells like jam. I would suggest trying it first as some people find it too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    In mainstream, my favorite rose is Calandre - it's unclear if it's still in production, but if it is, France will have it. Cheaper, that most dependable, inexpensive Anais Anais.

But why does it have to be mainstream? You are in France and parfums de Rosine has several candidates (including rose + berry).

cacio
    Thanks cacio. It is a small "thank you" present for a friend of mine. I can' t afford niche prices and I have a friend who works for one of the big chain perfumeries ~ so he can get me the mainstream fragrances, (testers) for a very good price.........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Hot Couture by Givenchy
    Which is in your opinion better please, edt or edp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing this !!!
    I will definitely check this one out and report back. Sounds good.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    ...Which is in your opinion better please, edt or edp ?
    I personally dislike this scent, so perhaps I'm not the best person to answer that.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

You are welcome.

Another NOT A FAN of Hot Couture.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post

Which is in your opinion better please, edt or edp ?
    Definitely the EDT- the EDP doesn't have the same fruitiness of the raspberry as the EDT as it is more woodsy. Also Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift might be a go, which was inspired by Hot Couture. Another raspberry is Apparition by Ungaro.

For a rose, I would suggest Stella (McCartney) which is simply gorgeous. Its a deep, dark plum-esque rose of excellent quality.

Okay, Serge Lutens Daim Blond(I class it as mainstream niche and easy to obtain), all raspberry,peach and soft suede.
    DONNA

Guerlain Insolence - raspberry and violet

YSL Parisienne - Rose, berries, violet

Jeanne Lanvin Couture -rose, violet, and I think raspberry (I am on my kindle and can't check at the moment)

Kate by Kate Moss (Coty) - rose, berries, patchouli, musk

I like all of those ^^^

Also...I pick up the raspberry in Habanita edt and I love that (also some peach in there, I think) but I have a feeling Habanita is not what you're looking for. I'll come back if I think of some more.

Lavin Couture reminded me of Dahlia Noir EDT a lot. I guess those would be ones to try, Tresor Midnight Rose smells like Raspberry Bubbalicious and musk.

But for just a rose, I'd go with Stella for sure. The original one. There is Stella Sheer 2008 that has rose and raspberry, I haven't sniffed that one though. Designer raspberry, I'd go with Shiseido Zen White Heat Edition, it also has a little bit of rose in there...but other florals are more present in this one than the rose.
    Last edited by kalli; 7th November 2012 at 11:51 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Lavin Couture reminded me of Dahlia Noir EDT a lot. I guess those would be ones to try, Tresor Midnight Rose smells like Raspberry Bubbalicious and musk.

But for just a rose, I'd go with Stella for sure. The original one. There is Stella Sheer 2008 that has rose and raspberry, I haven't sniffed that one though. Designer raspberry, I'd go with Shiseido Zen White Heat Edition, it also has a little bit of rose in there...but other florals are more present in this one than the rose.
    Good call on the Sheer Stella 2008, kalli! l have a bottle of this, & it's gorgeous tart raspberry with rose. Still easily available on ebay.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.