Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Fragrance DIY raw material splits

All such splits must be posted here as opposed to in the Fragrance DIY board. All marketplace and the more specific split board requirements must be met to do so. All current DIY split threads in that board must be moved here if the splitter meets the requirements. If not, the split in the DIY board must be removed or taken private.

Default Re: Fragrance DIY raw material splits

No worries - split offer withdrawn.
    Last edited by mumsy; 31st January 2013 at 09:44 AM.

Basenotes Plus

mumsy- I appreciate your enthusiasm but the split rules state that the item must be purchased after the split is arranged.

Basenotes Plus

I backed out of a deal awhile back and I had every right to because my gut check told me to do so, period. It turned out that I had too much doubt and probably would have been safe in continuing with the buy...but that was MY choice.

No one should be "excommunicated" for making decisions that they feel are correct.

Stuff happens and that's that. I suggest the main purchasers don't buy anything that they can't afford to hold onto for at least awhile because "stuff happens".

Murphy's law is alive and well and we as people know this, so why try to think (and demand) that everything go as it should?

On a similar note, I am SURE that most situations would go smoothly. If not then the whole idea would be a failure and I don't see that happening.

But let it play out without the "gestapo" attitudes and you'll see better results.

In closing...I do not suggest that ANYONE who can't foot the bill or sustain unsold merchandise for a time, go about taking on these transactions. You're setting yourself up for the inevitable failure that will happen. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

If you're taking your rent money to make these deals, then you're playing with fire. If you wouldn't normally gamble, don't start now.

Actually anyone who has backed out of a deal that they already committed to should be "excommunicated" in my view. PLEASE always leave feedback on such people so that the rest of us know.

You have every right to have gut-level concerns about what's a good transaction or not, and the time to make that call is BEFORE you make a commitment to a split. I have never spent my rent money on splits that I hosted, but I have had people back out at the last second which leaves me holding the bag--and with really no recourse since a person can't turn around and sell a decant on here.

I have never spent my "rent money" on hosting a split, but I have been stuck holding the bag plenty of times and it undermines the entire system when you do that.

Basenotes Plus

Beranium,
    You're making a blanket statement without regarding the fact that things can change AFTER the fact. Circumstances change and SOMTIMES, the people who initiated the deal can do things to cause this change...which would justify the change.

It's obvious that you are a disgruntled splitter because of past circumstances but your statement, "I have been stuck holding the bag plenty of times" gets me to scratching my head, asking myself, "why would this person want to go for round 2 and 3 and 4, etc?" Perhaps you need to come up with a better plan in regards to who is allowed to enter into your split.

Your situation reminds me of the parents who tell their children "I've told you a hundred times not to do that". End result being that the PARENTS are really to blame for the communication.

I'd be willing to bear the burden of some splits and understand that things happen.

Exactly correct. I didn't used to be careful enough about people I let into my splits. Now I know better not to let people like you in, and things go pretty well.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Beranium Chotato View Post
    Exactly correct. I didn't used to be careful enough about people I let into my splits. Now I know better not to let people like you in, and things go pretty well.
    Beranium,
    I wasn't trying to be a wiseguy when replying to you but your first AND second post to me were a bit abusive and abrasive and personal.

I don't have any intentions of ever backing out of deals but of course I could never state that there would be no time that I would. I will state that if there is a time when I'd back out is if the original deal changed after I said that I was in...and that was what caused me to back out. Turns out that I should have stayed in but I didn't and apologized. And quite frankly, if someone approached me and told me that my backing out would cause the demise of the deal..or that it would hurt others, then by all means I'd attempt to remedy the situation.