Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Do You Remember Your Wedding Fragrance?

I wasn't helplessly entwined in fragrances then,so, I don't have one. I find it very sweet when I hear people say "That was my wedding fragrance!" and makes me warm inside, so, tell me what it was. If you don't remember or plan to marry what would you have liked it to be or like it to be?

Best Regards
    Last edited by southerngardens; 7th November 2012 at 02:43 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do You Remember Your Wedding Fragrance?

Laura Ashley No. 1
    ....in 1992
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 8th November 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Une Fleur de Cassie!
    He was in Ormonde Man...

Mmmmm can't remember exactly.

I recall my wife buying me Prada Amber pour Homme but I didn't like it much and bought myself something else.

I think I just put on pure oud oil and fumigated myself oud wood.

for swap/sale:

i do - armani pour homme
    my wife was in jo malone stephanotis cassia cafe. i remember because she looked very long and hard before choosing this one (she still has it).

Mine was Creed Vetiver, and my wife wore Shalimar.

I don't remember being all that aware of my Vetiver (chosen because I was wearing it the first time I met my wife, and because I loved it), but have a very clear memory of the wonderful smell of Shalimar when my wife stood beside me in the church.

I also remember that, in their excitement, both my parents had forgotten to apply any fragrance- both ended up wearing Acqua di Parma which I'd packed in my honeymoon suitcase!
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 7th November 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Estee Lauder Private Collection
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Ylang-Vanille. I gave that bottle away, but I still have my spray of orange blossoms from my lapel pressed and stashed somewhere, and the cream suit I wore. B-belle and I were married in Florida in February and it was such a beautiful time of year. Later, I bought Terracotta Voile d'Ete and realized it was the same fragrance, with carnation added - both Jean-Paul Guerlain creations, so I must still like that fragrance. I don't know why I gave it away. Some kind of OCD purge mood probably. I believe Ylang-Vanille is very hard to find now. I wonder what fragrance I'd wear if we did it again?

Oh, I remember it like it was just yesterday! I was married two years ago, November 19th, right at twilight in a courtyard here in the French Quarter, in Chanel Coco, the same vintage parfum and flourish of edp (and body cream!) I was wearing when I met my husband ten years prior. I also happened to be wearing Coco when he proposed, so although I gave a few others some thought, I couldn't imagine wearing any other fragrance to marry him.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

^ How lovely to have one fragrance running as a red thread through your relationship, E.

I think I was wearing Coco Chanel too. I don't think I had managed to find the Yendi Capucci perfume then. I would wear that for a wedding now.... but I don't plan on getting rid of my OH in a hurry.... I will wear it for our 20th wedding anniversary instead next month.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    How lovely to have one fragrance running as a red thread through your relationship, E.
    It is lovely, g, thank you! It's a very special perfume, for both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I think I was wearing Coco Chanel too. I don't think I had managed to find the Yendi Capucci perfume then. I would wear that for a wedding now.... but I don't plan on getting rid of my OH in a hurry.... I will wear it for our 20th wedding anniversary instead next month.
    Coco or Yendi, either way you smelled gorgeous!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Mine was Creed Vetiver, and my wife wore Shalimar.

I don't remember being all that aware of my Vetiver (chosen because I was wearing it the first time I met my wife, and because I loved it), but have a very clear memory of the wonderful smell of Shalimar when my wife stood beside me in the church.

I also remember that, in their excitement, both my parents had forgotten to apply any fragrance- both ended up wearing Acqua di Parma which I'd packed in my honeymoon suitcase!
    That is a great story! Thanks for sharing.

And Mrs. E, we remember the days prior to your wedding like it was yesterday You were so sweet and excited, and I believe you even asked us what you should wear. I think I voted for Bois des Iles or Coromandel, but in the end, your Coco was the very best choice

Mine was Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue. Damn. Now I see I could have done a lot better. I mean perfume!
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

I married in '93, and while I can't remember exactly, thinking back to the bottles I had around then it probably would have been either L'Air du Temps, Samsara or Amarige. If I was a betting person I'd put money on Amarige, since I wore that quite a bit when it first came out (early 90s I think?). Wouldn't wear it now, would probably go for a Chanel.

I'm not sure what I'd wear if we did it again. I love orange blossom, but it would depend on the season and location.

Evangeline, your wedding sounds so romantic!

Mumsy, twenty years next month! Where did the time go? Our tenth anniversary will be February next year. That ten years really flew by. But when I compare photos from then to now...ack!

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    ...Mrs. E, we remember the days prior to your wedding like it was yesterday You were so sweet and excited, and I believe you even asked us what you should wear. I think I voted for Bois des Iles or Coromandel, but in the end, your Coco was the very best choice
    That's right - I'm touched that you remember! It had been quite a signature of mine, so I kept thinking that I needed something different to make it more special, but then I realized there simply wasn't anything more special to me than Coco. It was perfect, and I'd absolutely choose it again. (Actually, I did wear Coromandel for a few of the pre-wedding events and festivities, so it's got its own special place among those memories.)

Quote Originally Posted by iris_983 View Post
    Mine was Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue. Damn. Now I see I could have done a lot better. I mean perfume!
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Evangeline, your wedding sounds so romantic!
    It really was ...sigh.

I wore Chloe. This was back in 1979.

I just got married in September. I wore vintage Chanel #5 parfum. We eloped, and got married in Vegas.

Blog Entries

lt was 1990, & l wore Anais Anais. We divorced in 2005 however, so although l still think it's a great perfume, for me it was very much of its time.

lf l were to do it again, l would choose Tuberose Gardenia or Carnal Flower, l think. My bf & l are very commited to one another, but as divorcees we are both a bit shy of marriage for the moment. lf we were to get hitched, he would probably want me to wear Allure, which he loves on me, or lntense Tiare, which l was wearing when we met.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

It was only in April this year, so it's still quite fresh. Chanel No.19 EDP i had a sample, and it was the perfect choice for me that day.

YSL Jazz (vintage)
    This bottle was running low when my mother gave it to me because my dad only wears coast soap and brut deodorant. I only wore it on special occassions like prom and first dates. I had others at the time, but had to go with the Jazz because of the occassion.
    Last edited by Nosebud; 8th November 2012 at 10:49 AM.

I just got married in August and wore Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. It felt perfect.

My wife wore Czech and Speake's Neroli--so light and beatuiful! I wore Dunhill Edition, which I still love.

Aww, thanks guys for being incredibly sweet. So kind of bunch you all are, I already knew that though!

I wore White Shoulders, a gift from the PH, which is what his mother wore at her wedding to his father.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Ehem... I got married in '86 and I wore Opium. I had a traditional Japanese wedding, so had to wear layers of kimono... very heavy and because the temperature in LA was close to 80F, I was steaming under it. The scent went well, I think, with the oriental theme.
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh, I remember it like it was just yesterday! I was married two years ago, November 19th, right at twilight in a courtyard here in the French Quarter, in Chanel Coco, the same vintage parfum and flourish of edp (and body cream!) I was wearing when I met my husband ten years prior. I also happened to be wearing Coco when he proposed, so although I gave a few others some thought, I couldn't imagine wearing any other fragrance to marry him.
    Sooo romantic! I love the French Quarter, the courtyards there are wonderful.

I got married in 2001 at a lovely B & B and wore Knowing.

Joy by Jean Patou - 1978.

I always wore Shalimar but forgot it the day of my wedding so my sister let me use her Joy.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I was wearing Jicky EDP and she was wearing Dior Addict, the same scent she was wearing back when we first met. It was her signature for years and years before I got her to expand a bit, but she still loves it!

(PS, I'm getting her Dior Dune, Creed Silver Mountain Water, and possibly Guerlain Samsara for Xmas! Love to see her tastes expanding.)
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

I wore MDCI Invasion Barbare. My bride wore Frederic Malle Iris Poudre.

Italian law doesn't allow me to marry my partner!
    In any case, I would wear a tuberose or orange blossoms scent- Vamp à NY or Séville à l'aube being my current favourite ones- as she loves them...

Nice thread
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

The original Nina by Nina Ricci.

Chanel Cristalle.