Code of Conduct

Default Nine Flags Cologne, "Spain"

Does anyone know if there is a cologne or perfume similar to the scent of "Nine Flags, Spain"? I am a female but found that scent very appealing & bought myself a bottle just before it was discontinued. I was curious if other's remember that vintage cologne & also liked it. I would love any feedback. Thanks!

Default Re: Nine Flags Cologne, "Spain"

I have been hunting for vintage colognes and after reading about Nine Flags checked ebay -- occasionally a decently priced single or set auction will pop up -- probably at or a bit above the same price you would find a new similar scent. If you like it that much, why not just get another bottle?

I also wish I could smell the whole set sometime.... seems like people loved it.

I had the entire collection when I was a "pup"! I remember Spain and it seems the name of Spain's fragrance was Manzanilla. May be wrong tho. 'Twas a long time ago.

Thanks for the reply re: Nine Flags Cologne, Spain. I am really only looking to see if there is a scent on the market that smells like it so that I can wear it again. The vintage colognes if found would probably smell totally different, perhaps like alcohol. Perhaps I might have to try a company that makes up colognes to smell like those that have been discontinued.

Thank you for responding! You are correct about Manzanilla. Good Memory! I would be interested to know if there is a cologne on the market now with that similar scent. You were a lucky young "pup" to have the entire collection.

I gave my father the whole Nine Flags set for his birthday one year long ago. He never used them, but I used to sniff them all the time. I remember Manzanilla as a sweet, pulpy citrus. A very friendly scent. Perhaps Eau de Hadrien or Nuits de Hadrien by Annick Goutal might be similar. Does this sound like yours?

Thank you so much for your reply. You have a good memory. Your description brings that scent to mind. I do believe you are correct! It has been so long since I had the chance ti inhale that scent. I am definitely going to write down the names of the colognes you mentioned & check them out. I am excited to do this. I will know immediately if one is similar & I will let you know. Thanks again!