Code of Conduct

Default Puredistance M vs. Amouage Reflection Man

Which would you recommend as a signature scent for a 24 year old (money not an issue). So far i've tried Reflection Man and absolutely love it, and Puredistance should be coming in the post later today.

Default Re: Puredistance M vs. Amouage Reflection Man

Sound Scents

I make no age distinctions among scents... Reflection Man is a pretty good scent, but M is a great one... That said, these two are completely different.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Both are very good and you should simply wait until you try Puredistance on your particular skin type. Only then will you be certain which of the two should be your signature scent. Both are worthy.

I have both. I prefer Puredistance M. It is, IMO, one of the best releases of recent times.

Martin

RM being slightly more versatile, IMO. M is more of a special occasion scent for me. Both great.

I have not tried either (though I have a 5mL decant of Reflection on the way), but I would pick Reflection over Puredistance. From what I know and have read, M is an amazing fragrance, but it would be "harder to wear" than Reflection man as a signature scent. Plus, it has that Le Male vibe, and that is a reasonably popular signature scent.

Not crazy about either but of the two - Puredistance M

Reflection Man is easier to wear, Puredistance M is complex and challenging. Tbh I'm not really a fan of either.

Puredistance M is made from a high concentration of perfume oil (25%) and is in a class of its own.

Puredistance M all the way!

Puredistance M is one of the greatest fragrances available, I like it much more than Reflection, but since you love it, and I think it may suit better with your age.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Puredistance M is made from a high concentration of perfume oil (25%) and is in a class of its own.

Puredistance M all the way!
    Plus 1 - I wear "M" 3-4 times and have 100's of choices.

Banned

If I am limited to the two scents that you discussed, I would, without a doubt, choose M by Puredistance.

However, you mentioned using the fragrance as a "signature scent", and, in that regard, try:

A Taste of Heaven by By Kilian - Upon application, one is treated to an invigorating and herbal, lavender accord. The fresh and clean lavender commingles with the pungent, medicinal bitterness of wormwood. An aldehyde-like effervescence can be sensed as the accord percolates and drifts to the heart. Here, in the middle, florals infuse and transform the lavender. Orange blossom, with its fruity sweetness, a sweet rose, as well as bourbon geranium, with its flowery and sweetly green facets, usurp the lavender. The lavender takes on a more floral slant. A hint of saltiness flutters about. Segueing to the mellow base, the woody resins of amber interplay with the vanillic, nutty and somehwat spicy aspects of tonka bean. A more camphoraceous and slightly smoky lavender develops. A touch of powderiness presents. Plumes of foresty oakmoss as well as earthy patchouli appear here and there. A shower of bourbon vanilla imparts its woody and aromatic facets. The fascinating blending of the foregoing leads to a resplendent drydown. This all-season, well-blended, and masculine composition can prove to be very versatile. Wonderfully, this somewhat classy scent has very good projection, a 2-foot scent cloud, and longevity, about 10 hours.

Basenotes Junkie

Seems I'm one of the few that prefers Amouage Reflection Man over M by Puredistance. It's important to note that it's a purely subjective preference due to memories connected to Puredistance M or some of the same ingredients (and not at all in a good way).

Puredistance M is an extremely well blended perfume, heaps more expensive than Reflection Man and collecting almost universal praise from the BN community. You can't go wrong with it, I suspect.

But why limit yourself to these two? Have you met mister Aventus, for instance? Or Invasion Barbare from the lovely people at MDCI? There are so many amazing scents ready to be tested. I'm tempted to claim that neither Reflection Man or Puredistance M is that "signature" flavor that can be used for a variety of occasions.

Oh - and obey Dollars&scents too. His suggestions are pretty much always spot on, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Seems I'm one of the few that prefers Amouage Reflection Man over M by Puredistance. It's important to note that it's a purely subjective preference due to memories connected to Puredistance M or some of the same ingredients (and not at all in a good way).

Puredistance M is an extremely well blended perfume, heaps more expensive than Reflection Man and collecting almost universal praise from the BN community. You can't go wrong with it, I suspect.

But why limit yourself to these two? Have you met mister Aventus, for instance? Or Invasion Barbare from the lovely people at MDCI? There are so many amazing scents ready to be tested. I'm tempted to claim that neither Reflection Man or Puredistance M is that "signature" flavor that can be used for a variety of occasions.

Oh - and obey Dollars&scents too. His suggestions are pretty much always spot on, at least for me.
    I have not found an occasion that isn't perfect for "M". I wear it for every occasion. The perfect signature scent IMO.

Only have tried Puredistance M and was impressed (actually an understatement). Reflection Man I have no experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post

I've tried Aventus, and I don't think i've ever been so underwhelmed by a scent in my life considering the hype surrounding it. Invasion Barbare I would like to try but I can't find a sample of it anywhere in the UK.

IMO, Reflection Man is definitely signature scent material, it can be used for any occasion. Still waiting for Puredistance M, should be here today.

I like both, but they are very different. I think of Reflection as tending more towards "fresh" kind of fragrances, and M being more spicy-warm.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

M by Puredistance is frikking expensive. Can't even afford to a sample..

Where can I get puredistance M in the UK? I am after 100ml.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Where can I get puredistance M in the UK? I am after 100ml.
    http://www.puredistance.com/shop/

or

Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie
    5th Floor Harrods, London
    Tel. 0207 893 8797

Reflection Man, but its a matter of taste. Except that both fragrances are expensive they can't really be compared. The quality of M is undeniable but it is too kitchen spice for me.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Reflection Man, but its a matter of taste. Except that both fragrances are expensive they can't really be compared. The quality of M is undeniable but it is too kitchen spice for me.
    Well I got M in the mail today and I totally get the curry/kitchen spice reference. So much so I can't get it out of my head everytime I smell it. I hope the dry down is drastically different. At this point i'm glad i've already ordered a 100ml bottle of Reflection Man. Got a good price for it aswell, only £109.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidOcelot View Post
    Well I got M in the mail today and I totally get the curry/kitchen spice reference. So much so I can't get it out of my head everytime I smell it. I hope the dry down is drastically different. At this point i'm glad i've already ordered a 100ml bottle of Reflection Man. Got a good price for it aswell, only £109.
    £109 for an Amouage 100ml bottle sounds good. Where did u get it from?
    Last edited by bgoc; 10th November 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    £109 for an Amouage 100ml bottle sounds good. Where did u get it from?
    New user on ebay is selling them, I first thought it was a scam but he's got 4 positive feedback and all he sells are Amouage fragrances. Must be a dealer.

I think spending extra £40 for peace of mind is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidOcelot View Post
    I've tried Aventus, and I don't think i've ever been so underwhelmed by a scent in my life considering the hype surrounding it.
    My exact words. I simply can't understand

Agree with the kitchen spice reference in regards Puredistance M. Nothing special imo.

Reflection Man is the superior fragrance.

Reflection Man is a horrible scent. Le Male is far superior IMO.
    So my vote goes to Puredistance M

Up there, Here he goes again !

Reflection of course .

Why ?

Simple , Reflection is versatile , quality frag. which scoops lot of attention where ever U go. So many questions " What smell so nice ? " , " What are u wearing ? " in my case.

Puredistance M , for leather based scent this one is versatile, but.... for signature, 24, not so mouch. Price is not value.

Ok i'll admit, the drydown of Puredistance M is kinda nice, I kept waking up in the middle of the night catching whiffs of it and it kinda smelt different everytime. Longevity is insane, i'm talking 24 hours for me. It's just too bad that curry note takes way too long to subside. I can also see why its unisex, a woman could definitely pull this off.

If you believe that M is nothing but curry and kitchen spice, either your nose doesn't work properly, or you didn't give it the time to get to the incredible dry down.

Also, don't overapply M. It is a monster. I have found that I get more of the spice with less of the wonderful oakmoss and complexity if I spray more than once.

For those, my favorite is M, but the most important thing is that you choose so quality signature scent that you can enjoy every time you are using it. Good luck!
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Wish I liked M. Tried many times.

I own Reflection Man but would pick Puredistance M over it.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV