Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Scented Monkey!?!?!

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered any Niche (Bond no.9, and Creed) from scentmonkey.com....

If so how was your experience!?!?!
    Last edited by socalwoman; 18th June 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Default Re: Ordering Niche from Scented Monkey!?!?!

I have purchased New Haarlem from them a while ago and I find them to have excellent service, smells to me just like it did when I sampled it from Saks Fifth Ave. From what I've seen is that they have great feedback from buyers and even have their own YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalJester View Post
    I have purchased New Haarlem from them a while ago and I find them to have excellent service, smells to me just like it did when I sampled it from Saks Fifth Ave. From what I've seen is that they have great feedback from buyers and even have their own YouTube channel.
    Thanks for the feedback. I've read reviews on them and they seem to have good feedback, just wanted to get some opinions from BN members. I'll probably order from them as their shipping seems to be a little cheaper than fragrancenet.

Also have had no problems with this company. Just make sure that whatever you want they have in stock in their warehouse before you place your order.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Also have had no problems with this company. Just make sure that whatever you want they have in stock in their warehouse before you place your order.
    Thanks for the info....will definitely call first.

Sometimes they seem to have better deals than fragrancenet.

Here are some of their videos off their youtube channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCAqt...2&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtcXK...0&feature=plcp
    They also have an eBay page. Was planning to purchase a Creed from them, Sadly they don't have Aventus. FragranceNet does.

Here are some of their videos off their youtube channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCAqt...2&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtcXK...0&feature=plcp
    They also have an eBay page. Was planning to purchase a Creed from them, Sadly they don't have Aventus. FragranceNet does.
    Cool appreciate that man.

Also as you're probably already aware of be careful with ordering Creeds from anywhere besides they're boutique due to the Batch issues that Creed products seem to be known for.

Ah yes the infamous Creed batch issues, It seems that anywhere else is a shot at the dark, it could range from anywhere to the best batch to the worst. I can't even tell on their website which one i'll get, I'm assuming i'll probably get their newest batch, but i don't have much knowledge than from what I've seen in the testers of Aventus that they've had at the Nordstrom in South Coast Plaza.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had good luck with Scented Monkey. They do have good prices and I tend to check them and Beauty Encounter first when ordering online. Also, Scented Monkey is cool because they sell homemade samples for $2.99 apiece of most fragrances they stock.

As far as Creed, yeah, be careful & check batch numbers (if you're into that). As far as Bond's go, you're pretty safe ordering them from wherever you find the best deal (even eBay). They really aren't faked because of the difficulty of reproducing the bottles, and because there isn't a lot of demand. Also, Bond batches are consistent and don't really vary or change a lot with age.

Ah yes the infamous Creed batch issues, It seems that anywhere else is a shot at the dark, it could range from anywhere to the best batch to the worst. I can't even tell on their website which one i'll get, I'm assuming i'll probably get their newest batch, but i don't have much knowledge than from what I've seen in the testers of Aventus that they've had at the Nordstrom in South Coast Plaza.
    I think your best bet would be to call the Creed Botique in NYC speak with Rodney and order your specific batch.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I've always had good luck with Scented Monkey. They do have good prices and I tend to check them and Beauty Encounter first when ordering online. Also, Scented Monkey is cool because they sell homemade samples for $2.99 apiece of most fragrances they stock.

As far as Creed, yeah, be careful & check batch numbers (if you're into that). As far as Bond's go, you're pretty safe ordering them from wherever you find the best deal (even eBay). They really aren't faked because of the difficulty of reproducing the bottles, and because there isn't a lot of demand. Also, Bond batches are consistent and don't really vary or change a lot with age.
    I will be ordering a Bond their fragrances last all day. I have been enjoying my samples ordered Bleecker St. from fragrancenet a few days ago it was a tester. I would definitely like to get a full bottle

I would love to try Creed but those batch variations just bother me...especially for the price I would be paying.

Also on scented monkey their items do come in box and with cap correct???

10/10 i order all my online purchases from them and the juice has always been fresh.

Well i have never owned a creed bottle nor have I paid attention to the batch numbers when sampling the testers, but if there is indeed a batch number on the box, it wouldn't hurt to perhaps call or email ScentMonkey's customer service or something and kindly ask them what the batch numbers are on some of the bottles. For all we know the GIT that ScentMonkey has could be one of the best ones available. Also, yes all their items come in original boxing and with a cap, unless it is stated that it is a tester because they also have a few testers of many of the fragrances they carry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scentedmonkey.com

I just bought some cologne through these guys and the customer service is horrible! My account was charged, yet my order remained pending so I called in today asking about the status of it. I was greeted by an angry woman I could hardly understand who was yelling at me and getting irritated because I couldn't make out what she meant by "I need the number on the back of your card". Even my girlfriend asked who was yelling at me on the phone! Finally I understood she needed my banks phone number to verify I was the card owner, but it's ridiculous that if I would have never called, my order would of just sat there.

Has anyone else bought through these guys? I'm regretting doing business with them now because they are horrible to work with, but I got a pretty good deal. Anyone looking to use this site, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Default Re: Scentedmonkey.com

One guys was ok, but he seemed very tired and slow but was nice.

The other women that answer the phone seem to be going through PMS or still getting through the fact that some guy they liked chose a different woman than them, or maybe a murderer died in that same office and his spirit is causing and also feeding off of her suffering.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    One guys was ok, but he seemed very tired and slow but was nice.

The other women that answer the phone seem to be going through PMS or still getting through the fact that some guy they liked chose a different woman than them, or maybe a murderer died in that same office and his spirit is causing and also feeding off of her suffering.
    I talked to this guy as well, and he just seemed really clueless about anything going on with my order.

yeah he is clueless because he is probably too lazy to do any work to find out what is new, also he isn't paid high enough for him to put out the effort

tell us if your order goes through, i think many peoples order will get cancelled

Post Thanks / Like

I just placed my first order through them, then found this thread. I hope I don't have any issues like you described... Will wait and see I guess...

I have ordered a couple times from them without any sort of problem. I guess part of the trade off in saving some money with online discounrers is that their service can be unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I have ordered a couple times from them without any sort of problem. I guess part of the trade off in saving some money with online discounrers is that their service can be unhelpful.

you are in the USA you don't have much to worry about.

I have yet to have a problem with them, but service is definitely not the best.

Hi X,

Thanks for posting this about Scented Monkey. I spent a good part of the day researching and trying to figure out if SM was either good or bad. I found one site that had mostly horrible comments and then I found another site that rated SM as THE number one place to buy on line fragrances. WTF ? I WAS going to take a chance and was planning to buy some low cost items from SM but now, I don't think so. Thanks.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem really. Sometimes I will get a package with one less item than I ordered, then AFTER it has shipped I'll receive an email that that item was OOS, and I've been refunded, but that's understandable with any business. Of course, it would be nice to know before it ships, so maybe I can purchase something else instead.. this has happened to me on 3 separate occasions. Other than that.. their prices are rock bottom.. they offer free shipping often.. and the products are authentic. Customer service is bad though, I agree.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just received an email saying there is a problem with my order and it's on hold right after the girl said it would ship out tomorrow. I called them back, but they were closed :/

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with them in the 3 years I've ordered from them. I always use Paypal, though, which might make a difference over someone ordering with a credit card.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered Aventus on the weekend because
    They had it on sale 4 oz for $148. Called in to confirms order and they said my order was flagged and they needed to contact my cc. The lady said it would ship out later that day. Called back as order status had not changed and the woman said "sorry sold out".

Absolutely pathetic.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    They had it on sale 4 oz for $148. Called in to confirms order and they said my order was flagged and they needed to contact my cc. The lady said it would ship out later that day. Called back as order status had not changed and the woman said "sorry sold out".

Absolutely pathetic.
    This is the same thing I bought, must have sold out so that's why mine is on hold.... I can't believe they would charge my account without knowing if they had anymore.. sigh

I ordered the same thing, my CC shows a pending charge but no ship confirmation so I'm guessing I won't get my bottle either.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just ordered Royal Oud off their eBay...either way I'm protected so not a risk, hope I get it though. They have Aventus listed on there still though.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with them and have bought quite a few fragrances including Creeds. I was probably one of the first people to see the Aventus on sale. I bought a 4 oz non tester for $143 (with a 7% off coupon) and a 4 oz tester for $86 (with a 7% off coupon). Once I ordered them it took about a day and a half to get a shipping conformation and tracking #. Also a friend of mine ordered 2 Aventus testers, SMW, Bois du Portugal, Himalaya, and Original Santal and he also received a tracking #. With deals like this it's first come, first serve.
    Last edited by silentrich; 12th June 2012 at 02:07 AM.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    I ordered the same thing, my CC shows a pending charge but no ship confirmation so I'm guessing I won't get my bottle either.
    What days did you guys order your bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    What days did you guys order your bottles?
    I ordered mine Saturday afternoon
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered mine Saturday afternoon
    So did I. Hmm I wonder what day eggy ordered his..

I dunno but I hope we all get honored our orders!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

So did I. Hmm I wonder what day eggy ordered his..
    Early Saturday. I hope you guys get yours. I would kill for an Aventus tester
    For 86 bucks
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

For 86 bucks
    Rich: shoot me a pm if you see them on sale next time if you feel like sharing the love

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

For 86 bucks
    Looks like Saturday was the popular day to order them :/ I'm still mad over the fact I had to call them to make sure my order was okay, then they tell me there was a problem instead of contacting me first.

I've only purchased from them once. Everything was great from customer service, order being processed and shipped the same day and most importantly the juice inside the bottle was all top notch.

I guess sometime you may just come across those asshole people who just have attitudes for no apparent reason.

Sidenote: Wish I had of known about this great deal. It would have been a blind buy but $86 for aventus would have been well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Saturday was the popular day to order them :/ I'm still mad over the fact I had to call them to make sure my order was okay, then they tell me there was a problem instead of contacting me first.
    I'll let you know if I see it back in stock bro

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem with them, then again, I've never had to contact them for any reason either.

Funny how this post evolved into a Scented Monkey promo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know if I see it back in stock bro
    Thanks man, appreciate it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Found an older thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...Problems-Ensue

Looks like there has been others with the same problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Rich: shoot me a pm if you see them on sale next time if you feel like sharing the love
    Will do Eggy. I just don't like to start a frenzy and then have people get angry when they don't receive a bottle. I'll post the batch numbers of both bottles for reference in case they run into more Aventus. I've noticed that ScentedMonkey has a particular knack for finding a large supplies of Creed.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Will do Eggy. I just don't like to start a frenzy and then have people get angry when they don't receive a bottle. I'll post the batch numbers of both bottles for reference in case they run into more Aventus. I've noticed that ScentedMonkey has a particular knack for finding a large supplies of Creed.
    I'm not mad that I probably wont get a bottle from them. I'm just upset about how horrible their customer service was, and that they took my money already when they didn't even have the item.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered a couple things through them over the years with never an issue and excellent prices.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I have ordered from Scentedmonkey over 10 times and honestly never had an issue. Could be a fluke what is happening to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Thank you sir.

I can understand that -I was hesitant to post the deal because I was afraid something would happen (like a hold being placed on my item), and I would end up missing out. I learned my lesson :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Well I just ordered Royal Oud off their eBay...either way I'm protected so not a risk, hope I get it though. They have Aventus listed on there still though.
    Good luck, please let us know how it goes. I've ordered designer frags from their website a few times in the past, never had issues.

However, their negative eBay feedback seem to be frequent and not one-offs. I, personally, would be hesitant in dealing with them for high priced items:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

The seller doesn't even counter-comment the negative feedback, makes me think as though they don't even care.

I just got an email saying that my Aventus has been shipped!! Gave me a tracking number and everything.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Good luck, please let us know how it goes. I've ordered designer frags from their website a few times in the past, never had issues.

However, their negative eBay feedback seem to be frequent and not one-offs. I, personally, would be hesitant in dealing with them for high priced items:

The seller doesn't even counter-comment the negative feedback, makes me think as though they don't even care.
    I'll let you know, I just got a message saying it shipped FedEx.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post

That negative feedback thread is strange. Who knew that scentedmonkey also sells large quantities of vintage sneakers?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got an email saying that my Aventus has been shipped!! Gave me a tracking number and everything.
    Awesome man! I just got off the phone with customer service again, got the same pissy girl, and she said it will be shipped soon. I'm crossing my fingers but I read in that other thread that they have told people they are shipping something and 2 weeks later tell them it was actually cancelled.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome man! I just got off the phone with customer service again, got the same pissy girl, and she said it will be shipped soon. I'm crossing my fingers but I read in that other thread that they have told people they are shipping something and 2 weeks later tell them it was actually cancelled.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm crossing my fingers but I read in that other thread that they have told people they are shipping something and 2 weeks later tell them it was actually cancelled.
    In other words, they pulled a Mugler.

Post Thanks / Like

A tracking # doesn't mean anything.
    My current favorites:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is not fair....

My order was placed Saturday morning

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is not fair....

My order was placed Saturday morning
    I still don't understand how they told you they were out, but were still selling them on ebay yesterday :/ Such bad customer service

They suck royally.. They ship super slow and provide wrong carrier tracking numbers. I you left negative feedback and received my order three days after it was supposed to be delivered. Horrible experiences I don't care how cheap prices are..money isn't an issue but customer service is

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my Aventus tester on Thursday of last week. Got a shipping confirmation and a tracking # via USPS on June 8th. Received a cancellation notice today. Lol!
    My current favorites: