Code of Conduct

Default I have a couple of rare/unusual perfumes

Anyone else have these?

4 3/4 ounce bottle of Apple Blossom "Scarlett" eau de cologne Pinaud Distributors, beautiful glass skirt with top of bottle being a lady dressed in gold color with her hand on her hip. This have never been opened tied with a dusty pink ribbon. I believe this has some connection to Gone With The Wind. Would love to know more about this botttle.

The other is a 2.5 ounce of Lillie Rubin. Can not find a review on this anywhere.

What perfume do you have that may be rare or unusual?

Default Re: I have a couple of rare/unusual perfumes

Well Cadolle No9 edp
    DONNA

It's not all that unusual but I bought a bottle of Yardley's Springflowers because my mother gave me a set of it when I was 10 or 11 to take down south to stay with my grandparents. I loved that scent. I couldn't believe I found one. I don't know when it was discontinued. I can't imagine it stayed in production very long. Lately, I see more of them cropping up on ebay. The bottle I bought a couple of years ago is the tall ribbed one with the green cap. It smells so green/floral/chypre'ish -- it's funny how back then this scent was thought *fresh* and *youthful*. Today it would be called *old lady*. Nobody today would buy a fragrance like this for a child.

This ad is from 1969.

I just googled and finally found some info on Apple Blossom, indeed it was Gone With the Wind.

http://www.allgwtw.com/1940-scarlett...tle-p-794.html Mine hasn't been opened.

I hope it is OK to use this link if not please remove.

Donna I never heard of Well Cadolle No9 edp . Lilybelle Love the ad and greens are yummy.

- - - Updated - - -

I just googled and finally found some info on Apple Blossom, indeed it was Gone With the Wind.

http://www.allgwtw.com/1940-scarlett-pinaud-bottle-p-794.html Mine hasn't been opened.

I hope it is OK to use this link if not please remove.

Donna I never heard of Well Cadolle No9 edp . Lilybelle Love the ad and greens are yummy.

I have the perfume commissioned by the Gabor sisters, in its original box. A find from a favorite thrift store. And it actually smells rich and deep, a hint of My Sin.

I love hearing about what others find!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Cadolle, are a underwear boutique down the street from the original Chanel boutique. They made underwear for Marta Hari (sp), they only made one fragrance No9 in 1925. Unfortunately discontinued now.
    DONNA

Thanks Donna for the info, I finally found my small or should I say mini bottle of unknown perfume to me.

My Treasure by Treasure Masters. However that is all I know, anyone have this?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Donna for the info, I finally found my small or should I say mini bottle of unknown perfume to me.

My Treasure by Treasure Masters. However that is all I know, anyone have this?