Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday, 8 November 2012

Good morning,

Today I'm in the head-turning (literally this morning) Cuir de Russie Parfum, generously sprayed!
    Well done, Quarry! Good girl!
    Hope Foustie is back to her full self again!

Best to all

Default Re: SotD Thursday, 8 November 2012

'morning all, I'm in the middle of a devastating week, work-wise! I'll try to keep me up with a nice leather, today: Chambre Noire. Have a nice day, all of you!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Sorry, L I didnt see you post for today - i guess i need to rub more sleep out of my eyes

Ok, I am trying Brin de Reglisse by Hermes. I get licorice and a BIG V8 tomato juice note! I get tomato juice! I hate tomatoes! Something gives this a tomato juice note..ugh! It's licorice, woody, dry and then tomato! Then smokey, balmy licorice.

Also tried Ambre Narguile..which I loved sniffing from the vial..then I applied it.. smokey, apple n cinnamon potpourri..smells like air freshener. Sorry, it just does. Pass on that one!

What starts to be like a win though, Osmanthe Yunnan. I think I really like osmanthus! The only thing, smells a little bit too aquatic and there's a floral that kinda bugs me..maybe it's freesia.
    Last edited by kalli; 8th November 2012 at 08:03 AM.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Hello all. Boucheron Jaipur Homme
    DONNA

Morning all,

A work-at-home day for me as my office is being re-decorated (nothing fancy, sadly).
    Delighted to be house-twins with Larimar today: Bois des Iles (EdT).
    Have a lovely day, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    A work-at-home day for me as my office is being re-decorated (nothing fancy, sadly).
    Too bad, no giant Cuir de Russie flacons painted on your wall or leather wallpaper (Rrrrrrrrrrrr!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Too bad, no giant Cuir de Russie flacons painted on your wall or leather wallpaper (Rrrrrrrrrrrr!)?
    I discussed such a theme with the Head of Department. Sadly, the response was less than enthusiastic. Can't imagine why...

Blog Entries

Got up early to see the list of school closings and delays online, to make sure school was canceled --and it was.

Going to crawl back to bed-- it's too early to face the freezing cold cleanup.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Caron Parfum Sacre Intense on this cold, post-nor'easter morning. The storm dumped a good six inches of snow out here on Staten Island.

Wish you all a very good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Cuir Mauresque (from a sample)

Bonjour Mesdames!

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday, 8 November 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Banned

oh today is Chanel day for me too No.22 edt only + dab or 2 of La Myrrhe on my wrists, Serge Lutens smells all day! so heavenly and strong, sweet, aldehydic but more natural, go well together

Basenotes Institution

Stay warm everyone (it's a little chilly here too...in the 60's LOL)

For me today it's (from my new decant):

Vanille 44 by Le Labo

Beautiful stuff. Of course Shalimar will always be my go-to vanilla, but this modern, stark, soft-as-a-kitten one is dazzling. Why should only the Parisian Le Labo customers have all of the fun?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good day girls - im draining my By Killian - Back to Black sample in anticipation of my new bottle ive just ordered

Hello everyone!

I'm in Dior Addict this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Hang in there ((iodine)) - the weekend's almost here!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quick drop-by.
    SotD is Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme.

Great job, Quarry. Pretty exhausting too, judging by the amount of concrete blocks you had to move and piece together.

Nothing really exciting here, except for the new tea from Tazo I bought yesterday -- Rest, with rose petals, lavender, lemon and valerian. Not my most favorite rose interpretation in teas, reminds me somewhat of Annick Goutal Ce Sour Ou Jamais which I will wear as my SotD, I suppose.

Have a nice day.

Basenotes Plus

Oh, Terry! I was wondering how much snow you got. Do you have power? My family just got theirs on after Sandy and then lost it again in Athena.

Kalli, you crack me up with your description.

Dr. G, did they at least let you choose the paint color? Something cheerful, I hope! (Although, I love Larimars' idea!)

30 Roses, stay warm honey. The kids are going to be going to school in July at this rate!

Quarry, Sofie is trying out for the weapons line in Winter guard. Scares me watching her throw the saber but man, she's pretty darn good! Did your daughter spin rifle or saber?

The recent articles regarding the eventual demise of Chanel No. 5 prompted me to wear the edt yesterday. Still feels like the right thing to wear today.

My new job is going very well AND I enjoy it. I even got a personal commendation from one of the visiting corporate executives.
    Pretty good for my 5th day.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

K, G and L, you having me chuckling already this morning -- tomato juice and licorice ... office decorating -- what, no Guerlain chandelier over your desk?

Well, it finally happened: Daughter entered the house yesterday and said, "It smells good in here." FIRST FRAG COMPLIMENT EVER FROM DD! As it happens, yesters' scent is also a hubby fave. Let's hear it for Bond No. 9 Mothers! The only other scent deemed likable by all three of us is Jicky. Can't say there's any strong parallel between the two other than sweet and powdery qualities.

I'm ready to switch up today to Nanadebary Green for its refreshing nature.

Thank you very much for compliments on yesterday's project tale. Your comments distract me from how much my thumbs hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Quarry, Sofie is trying out for the weapons line in Winter guard. Scares me watching her throw the saber but man, she's pretty darn good! Did your daughter spin rifle or saber?
    My new job is going very well AND I enjoy it. I even got a personal commendation from one of the visiting corporate executives.
    Pretty good for my 5th day.
    Sabers? Lordy, no, just flags. Gees, remember when we first told our little ones not to run with scissors?
    Good news about your job. Nothing motivates like acceptance and positive feedback.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Congratations on the commendation, RHM! That must have made you feel good.

What color walls, Dr. G.? We need to know those little details.

I'm contemplating Marion Cotillard's haircut in Evangeline's pic, thinking...I'd really like to have my hair cut elegantly. But she's in NY in the photo, a place where you can actually get a good haircut. I suppose I'll just keep letting mine grow for now.

My SotD is about to be Bal Versailles edc from my new bottle. Stay warm and safe, everyone.

Afternoon L. Afternoon everyone. Well, I can smell, and the stuffiness and sore throat are nothing that can't be fixed with some alcohol. So no fuss there. AND I am now on a long weekend off. Hurrah!

I went for Tubereuse Criminelle. Well you would wouldn't you? Cuts through the sniffles you see. Tonight maybe SMN Peau D'Espagne, cuts through anything.....that'll clear my head.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    ...Tonight maybe SMN Peau D'Espagne, cuts through anything.....that'll clear my head.
    So true, that stuff is so strong!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Afternoon L. Afternoon everyone. Well, I can smell, and the stuffiness and sore throat are nothing that can't be fixed with some alcohol. So no fuss there. AND I am now on a long weekend off. Hurrah!

I went for Tubereuse Criminelle. Well you would wouldn't you? Cuts through the sniffles you see. Tonight maybe SMN Peau D'Espagne, cuts through anything.....that'll clear my head.
    Alcohol works well, doesn't it? Add a splash to a cup of tea. I hope you have a great weekend, Foustie. Enjoy!

Hello. Been a very busy day and I'm in Bvlgari Black.

Favim_com-6433.jpg
    Do happy

(((Northeasters))), I'm so sorry to hear you had yet more nasty weather. You all deserve some very happy times, which I'm sure are coming your way.

Awesome work, Quarry!

Cheers, Foustie! Hope that icky cold is all gone soon. Bottoms up!

I'm in Chypre de Coty today- thank you soooo much, jujy! This is divinity. Wearing this makes me think the folks at the EU have lost their minds, to even consider further destroying the beautiful art of perfumery. Grrr!
    The nose wants what it wants!

BBW ~ Black Amethyst. I love this stuff, and it has made this difficult morning here in NY more pleasurable. For anyone driving out there, please be careful. Many streets cannot be plowed due to low hanging wires from the weight of the snow.

(((iodine))) Hope things improve soon.

Quarry, what an amazing job! I'm terribly impressed. It's going to be amazing when it's all done!

(((30R))) Hang in there. I hear you're due for temps in the 60s this weekend -- a little relief maybe?

I'm in Piguet Visa EdP this morning -- my favorite cold-weather floral.

Wearing FM Iris Poudre today as I watch the news of the coming storm and plummeting temps this weekend

Prada Candy today. I need my sweet, cozy fix of benzoin today.

RHM, I too saw the recent articles about Chanel #5. It's about time a got a bottle of the EDP. I have a funny story about my little one browsing through Sephora with me, and having sniffed so many other frags, she exclaimed that this was her favorite! I made a face; a couple of years ago I couldn't imagine wearing it. It's still not my "favorite," but I've come around since, and the book about its history (thank you, 30 Roses!) reinforced my interest in it.

Good Evening,

RHM, Quarry, Lilybelle - you gals are too sweet. With regards the colour, having not actually seen my room, I'm going to stick my neck out and hazard that it is an uninspired shade of institutional beige.

Will be singing with the No.5 chorus this evening (80s EdP).

Thinking of JR and wishing everyone the best.

Story Blue by Bogart

Blog Entries

SotD is Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia.

We cleared all the snow away. The temperature is supposed to climb into the 60s this weekend, so the rest of it will melt.

Mom took another fall onto her face.
    No fractures, thankfully, just a large abrasion on her nose from her eyeglasses. She has no idea how it happened-- one minute she was standing, the next minute flat on her face.

Revisiting my sample of Dueto Lady Cool.

Hi there. Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman for me today.

Hi All, Today I'm in the mood for something a little salty so I'm wearing Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL - La Nuit de L'Homme

- - - Updated - - -

YSL - La Nuit de L'Homme

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.

Hey y'all -

I'm in L'Arte di Gucci for the afternoon.

((30 Roses))
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm in my afternoon freshen up of my new Bal Versailles edc. This is very good. I can't stop sniffing myself.

Hugs to 30R and mama.
    E.Coudray Fetiche.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm in Dior Addict this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Hang in there ((iodine)) - the weekend's almost here!

this picture has attracted some comments too, so i will add mine h i love the coloure of that blouse!!...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    Hello. Been a very busy day and I'm in Bvlgari Black.

Favim_com-6433.jpg
    and this one is so perfectly representing Black!!! when i wear black it reminds me of all black -white combinations but also....modern skycrapers

i wish they make deodorant from that perfume!!

Hugs 30R..needing my amber yet again...husband just got laid off. No warning, no notice..just pack and go. We've heard of several lay-offs the past couple days. Several. We've been pretty sad but our Helper will get us through. Don't know how long I can hang out with you lovely ladies though! As internet is not a necessity...and won't be able to pay it anyway. Really sad times we are living in...lots of Must De Cartier for me today! Gimme that amber!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Banned

Kalli....this is so sad!! uncertainty is everywhere.......hope you pass these bad times and there will be good times again ......life is a rollercoaster ,and noone is immune to that!----after bad years come good years....just hang on!don't loose hope

received a sample of this today and bought a full bottle on ebay immediately.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Burberry Touch.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Bois de Iles
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

iivanita- thank you so very much. There is always hope, that never fades away. I have a great husband..who can ask for more than that? If you have love, you are rich. Didn't mean to get off topic there! I need to go to the No. 5 parody thread lol..I need to see those Brad Pitt ads right about now. LOL.
    Last edited by kalli; 8th November 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: too much mumbo jumbo? LOL.

Banned

Kalli...no worries its the end of the day anyway we can use a bit of space, dont think anyone would mind very much....

and what you have said is very much true!......i've seen rich people having ups and downs...and bank account is not allways guarantee of security, as long as you have something to eat, drink, place to sleep and are healthy everything can be repaired...especially what has to do with money.....just take this time of life as a challenge....and dont look what you cant have....the list is allways endless that way

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Hugs 30R..needing my amber yet again...husband just got laid off. No warning, no notice..just pack and go. We've heard of several lay-offs the past couple days. Several. We've been pretty sad but our Helper will get us through. Don't know how long I can hang out with you lovely ladies though! As internet is not a necessity...and won't be able to pay it anyway. Really sad times we are living in...lots of Must De Cartier for me today! Gimme that amber!
    (((((Kalli))))) Thirty years ago, my husband got laid off. It was the recession of the '80s. Our little one was three years old. I used most of our savings and some money borrowed from my dad to buy what was basically a $10,000 word processor. All these years later, I'm still in business. Hubby devoted himself to caring for our daughter and then my parents. We lived frugally and worried often, but, as Maya Angelou put it, "Wouldn't take nothing for my journey now."

Strike out in a new direction with confidence. Do whatever you must to make ends meet. Enjoy your beautiful life.

((((30 Roses))))
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thanks Quarry. Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear of your fruitful business. Interesting times we are living in these days...oh well, at least there is that parody thread LOL. Really, just too funny of stuff!

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Etro Ambra today. It's a soft, fluffy amber that I reach for when I want my amber to whisper. I love it.

{{{kalli}}}
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh, Kalli, so sorry. Happened twice to me this year, working now again in a better place. I hope something better happens for your husband, too.

Tabac Aurea today.

Oh Kalli, I'm so sorry! My husband lost his job in 2006, but he eventually found another one. Yes, walked right out the door, no warning. That's how they do it. Bastardos. Keep your chin up, honey. Things will turn around. Stay busy and stay in touch with your friends. You can use the computers at your public library, don't forget that. I'll be remembering you and yours.

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{30 Roses & her Mama}}}}}}

and more for

{{{{{{{kalli & Mr. Kalli}}}}}}}

SOTE is Chanel Coco edp.

- - - Updated - - -

{{{{{30 Roses & her Mama}}}}}}

and more for

{{{{{{{kalli & Mr. Kalli}}}}}}}

SOTE is Chanel Coco edp.
    Last edited by RHM; 9th November 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: This was interesting...decided to leave it.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

((kalli and Mr. kalli) It may take a while but your husband will find another job. Believe.

I spent the evening with Mom watching the second half of the Wuthering Heights (2009) DVD that lilybelle recommended, which we gave her for her birthday last week. I wanted to watch her and see if she seemed "off" in any way. She really seems normal. It was just one of those things, i guess. I am going to try again to persuade her to attend group exercise.

(((30R))), so glad to hear that fall seems not to have been too serious. Must have scared the daylights out of you.

(((Kalli))), I'm so sorry, sweetie. Been there too, many here have. At least you're in good company and among folks who can remind you that you will make it through. I hope we don't really have to lose you, at least not for long. We want you here so we can hug you through this.

In Private Collection for the night. Nighty-night, love you all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Kouros Tattoo Edition
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Chanel sycamore from a sample i got recently. What an elegant fresh scent.

I'm so sorry to hear about anyone's layoff, up in Canada it's been all too common as well in recent years.

I read the Chanel #5 book too, a very interesting book, I even gave it to my Dad who has an interest in history , not perfumes.