Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a VERY strong colonge that lasts with projection price range 40-100bucks

I'm 24 and really liked gucci envy for men when I wore colonge because it was so strong and woodsy and had the best projection Ive ever tried, but since they don't make it anymore and I want to try some new colonges that are also VERY strong. I tried a 2.5oz of creed aventus and I wasn't impressed at all. It doesn't last and its more of a skin scent. I don't care if its woodsy, spicy, or whatever I just want it to project and last also I want it to smell good and get female compliments like gucci envy. What do you guys recommend? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for a VERY strong colonge that lasts with projection price range 40-100bucks

Le Male, Joop! Homme and Paco Rabanne 1 Million all have astounding strength and projection. Go and sample, it is the best way to find what you want!
    - Mark

GOSTE! GOSTE! GOSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Default Re: Looking for a VERY strong colonge that lasts with projection price range 40-100bucks

Le Male would work.

Buy Dior Homme Intense, female compliments are guaranteed 101 % as well as big sillage & longevity.
    Another good choice but a bit different type would be Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche . Most women love both.
    Some bottles for sale (Worldwide)

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Post Thanks / Like

+ 1 for 1 Million. Also, try the original A*men. Both of these are amazing and easy to find!
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

La Male, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel Anteaus.

Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (can, not bottle)

Post Thanks / Like

In mainstream, A* Men has big sillage and longevity. If you want to look into niche, the Montale ouds (like Black Aoud) are woody frags with enormous power.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Comme Des Garcons Wonderwood is SUPER similar to Gucci Rush, which I realize is NOT the same as ENVY, however, WW has exceptional projection and smells woody (duh) but its one of my faves. well worth a wear!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to suggest Knize Ten, a 50ml bottle is $70.

Post Thanks / Like

I would throw in :
    MIDNIGHT IN PARIS EDP by VAN CLEEF & ARPELS
    stuff can be had for around $55-$70 USD

Post Thanks / Like

Dior Homme Intense or 1 Million... Terre d"Hermes for longevity also.

As an alternative to 1 Million you can try 212 VIP Men by Carolina Herrera - Similar smelling but better quality

The beast called Kouros.

Le Male and 1 Million are very strong and gets a lot of compliments

Thanks for the replies guys but I want to stay away from Le Male since everyone wears that. Also doesn't everyone wear 1 million also? The only one so far that catches my attention would be Dior Homme Intense but are you guys talking about the old version or the refined? I'm in the USA and I can't find it in stores. The only place to buy Dior Homme Intense is strawberry.net I think and thats the refined version that is less strong I heard? Can someone correct me if I am wrong. Also please list more VERY strong colonges so I can have more options thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Opium Pour Homme EDP

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Giorgio for Men will set you back under $25 and projects and lasts like crazy. It also smells incredible...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with the already posted fragrances:
    PR One Million, thought I don't care much for the bubblegum vibe I get.
    Le Male, excellent. Not as strong as it was in the past.
    Midnight In Paris, edp. One of my personal favorites.
    Decant of Creed Bois du Portugal. Strong, very beautiful woodsy drydown. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bogart Pour Homme
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Look on Ebay for Dior Homme Intense. They almost always have the vintage formulations of it. You may pay through the nose at times, but I think this scent is worth every penny. I would personally have one amazing frag and pay more for it then to have several to choose from that are only so-so

As stated previously Midnight in Paris is inexpensive and smells pretty good. Another one stated was Dior Homme Intense. You can't go wrong with either of those bro! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Le Male
    1 Million
    A*Men

Post Thanks / Like

LOL A*Men if you everyone to vomit when they come near you

Post Thanks / Like

A*Men will get you 12+ hours and projects very well. It's also within your price range.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Male or AMen .

/thread
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Try CK One Shock U can get a 6.7 oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $30 and it has great projection and longevity
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Post Thanks / Like

*BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

+1 senore1. Decants of 30ml will be under $100 and would open up your choices a bit.
    I recommend Tobacco Vanille. On a card it lasted over 5 days. And it projects quite well for a long time. I would say you will suffer nasal fatigue before others stop smelling you walk past.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Trauerkraut; 10th November 2012 at 05:46 AM.

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vintage Bijan for Men fits your criteria perfectly. I'm currently watching a couple bottles from sellers I trust on eBay. If you're interested let me know and I can get you the links. On my iPod now so I can't include them.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

The man, the legend, Lapidus Pour Homme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Giorgio for Men will set you back under $25 and projects and lasts like crazy. It also smells incredible...
    +1 a very good choice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Buy Dior Homme Intense, female compliments are guaranteed 101 % as well as big sillage & longevity.
    Another good choice but a bit different type would be Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche . Most women love both.
    +1 (even though the real stuff would be Epic man by Amouage but on a very different price range!)

Midnight in Paris EdP Projection is BEAST MODE, Longevity is BEAST MODE!!! Compliment factor BEAST MODE!!!! My personal favorite fragrance!!!

A*Men is another great one. Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla....what female doesn't find that sexy. Longevity is 12+ hours, Projection is good for the first maybe 5 hours and then dies slowly, compliment factor....haven't directly got any compliments from it, not unless a female was all on me and she will say I smell good, not sure maybe this doesn't project as much as I think. Idk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    The man, the legend, Lapidus Pour Homme

- - - Updated - - -

+1 a very good choice
    I am getting samples of both of these in a day or two, and look forward to trying 'em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    In mainstream, A* Men has big sillage and longevity. If you want to look into niche, the Montale ouds (like Black Aoud) are woody frags with enormous power.

cacio
    Second that.

Post Thanks / Like

Paco Rabanne pour homme, it's a beast.

what happened to M7 ?

One scent comes to mind: Aramis.

A classic leather with both sillage and longevity.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Bogart Pour Homme
    +1 Lol, oh yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

A-Men
    Pure Havane
    Dior Homme Intense
    Egoiste

Or if you want to go niche/decant:

Tobacco Vanille
    New Haarlem

Post Thanks / Like

Le Male Terrible
    Van Cleef&Arpels pour Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Peau d' Espagne
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    what happened to M7 ?
    IMO M7 longevity is beastly but its not a projection monster. Don't get my wrong the sillage is good however I don't think it projects beastly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

A*Men and Pure Malt tend to be a huge hit in this category.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

+1 Original A*Men/Angel Men by Thierry Mugler
    +1 Egoiste (not Platinum) by Chanel

Also:

The Third Man / Number 3 / Le3e Homme de Caron by Caron
    Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Opium Pour Homme EDP
    YES ! One spray is almost too much ...

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DHI (reformulation is plenty strong) or Angel Men. I'd go with DHI because it's a little more versatile, weather-wise, and also more unique, since you said popularity/commonness is a concern.

Also, if your Aventus didn't last and was a skin scent, there is something wrong with your Aventus.

Post Thanks / Like

A*Men

Joop Homme

One Million

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A*Men. Not only is it strong but it actually smells very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Kouros (the king!), Polo Green, Rive Gauche, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, Joop!
    My 'Signatures' (in alphabetical order)...

French Lover - EdP Frederic Malle
    Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Platinum Egoiste - CHANEL

Post Thanks / Like

Quorum

- - - Updated - - -

Quorum

Post Thanks / Like

No one mentioned the version of Lapidus on steroids: One Man Show Golden Edition.

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dior Eau Sauvage PARFUM lasts more than 24 hrs. Try that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raza2 View Post
    I'm 24 and really liked gucci envy for men when I wore colonge because it was so strong and woodsy and had the best projection Ive ever tried, but since they don't make it anymore and I want to try some new colonges that are also VERY strong. I tried a 2.5oz of creed aventus and I wasn't impressed at all. It doesn't last and its more of a skin scent. I don't care if its woodsy, spicy, or whatever I just want it to project and last also I want it to smell good and get female compliments like gucci envy. What do you guys recommend? Thanks
    As You mentioned Gucci Envy For Men I'd suggest you try the following - Calvin Klein Obsession for men, Hugo Boss No6 aka Bottled, Chanel Allure for men, Chanel Egoiste, Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic, Joop! Joop! Homme

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Le Male or Egoiste

Post Thanks / Like

Lapidus PH
    Kouros
    Bogart PH
    L'eau d' Issey
    Quorum
    Havana
    Aramis
    Black Orchids TF