Code of Conduct

Default Another Aventus question

Hey guys, I just received a bottle of Aventus from fragrancenet and am a little underwhelmed. I have sampled it in the past but I remember it lasting much longer than my bottle does. The batch number is a42b12d01. The reason I'm posting is because every picture I have seen online has the Creed logo in silver on the bottle, mine is in black.

Default Re: Another Aventus question

I haven't ever seen that before...also is that blue underneath the atomizer? Can you check if it's blue underneath the atomizer head?

Yeah it's definitely blue underneath, just noticed that.

Well...I've never known Fragrancenet to sell fakes. I'm wondering if someone switched it out and returned a fake one, because that doesn't seem right at all.

that looks odd to me as well. Time to contact customer service. Fragnet is pretty good about stuff though

The bottom line is if you're not happy with it, return it and get your money back. Shouldn't be a problem with Fragrancenet.

Smh....this is just crazy!!!

Very odd indeed.

I bought a creed GIT from them and was smelling way different than the one at neiman . The cap was loose , the paper work all in Arab and on the back was written "toilet water" instead of eau the parfum. I do not recomand to buy niche online exept authorized dealers. Fragrance net will refund your money no questions about that. They are ok with designer colognes but on the niche side no way. Lucky scent is the best for niches.

That blue part definitely doesn't look right to me. This is the part of Creed fakes that is usually quite easy to spot. Check out Kerosenes video on Creed fakes on youtube

Wow thanks for posting this! I'm really curious now to see if any other members have experienced this.

I bought the 4.0oz Aventus from Fragrancenet about 2 months ago and it is very much legit. I would ask that they send you a different one that isn't in Turkish.

I contacted another member with the same batch number and the Creed logo on their bottle was black as well. I wonder if this is just how they are doing the bottles now?

Would like to see more pics; bottom of bottle and box, serial # on bottle, under the sprayer etc. Looks unlike the two I had or ones I have tested.

Mine's the same as yours, maybe its the production batch that has gotten the black creed logo. Dun think its fake, cos i bought mine from a luxury boutique in Singapore. (Paragon)
    Last edited by ahchiong; 13th November 2012 at 05:42 AM.

By the additional pics, everything else looks legit. Just that blue section of the underside of the sprayer is different/ possibly something new?. Just call a Creed botique and ask about it. Of course report back

Yea, the additional pictures make it look legit. If you're concerned with the longevity, when I had some of the 2012 batch it seemed not to last as long as my sample either. If it smells relatively the same as you remember it's probably legit, just part of Creed's notorious batch variations.

It's probably okay if the number on the box matches the number on the bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    It's probably okay if the number on the box matches the number on the bottle.
    I've had a fake match the batch number on the box with the bottle. I've also had a completely legitimate box with a fake inside. They're getting really good at fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Yea, the additional pictures make it look legit. If you're concerned with the longevity, when I had some of the 2012 batch it seemed not to last as long as my sample either. If it smells relatively the same as you remember it's probably legit, just part of Creed's notorious batch variations.
    agreed with tt, longevity doesn't seem that good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. It does smell relatively the same as a legit sample I have. I contacted other members with the same batch number and it seems like the Creed logo on their bottles are black as well. I think I'm going to agree that it's part of Creed's batch variations.

I bought my Creed Aventus from Neiman Marcus and it had neither that black label or the arab stuff. I would definitely return that.

If you want to stick with it, I would go to a place that sells authentic Aventus and compare each of the colognes. But chances are you got a replica.

Quote Originally Posted by premium_fragrance View Post
    I bought my Creed Aventus from Neiman Marcus and it had neither that black label or the arab stuff. I would definitely return that.

If you want to stick with it, I would go to a place that sells authentic Aventus and compare each of the colognes. But chances are you got a replica.
    Every 2.5 oz box I've seen has had the 'arab atuff' on it so I'm not too concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mump View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. It does smell relatively the same as a legit sample I have. I contacted other members with the same batch number and it seems like the Creed logo on their bottles are black as well. I think I'm going to agree that it's part of Creed's batch variations.
    I learned something new today

Quote Originally Posted by californian View Post
    I bought a creed GIT from them and was smelling way different than the one at neiman . The cap was loose , the paper work all in Arab and on the back was written "toilet water" instead of eau the parfum. I do not recomand to buy niche online exept authorized dealers. Fragrance net will refund your money no questions about that. They are ok with designer colognes but on the niche side no way. Lucky scent is the best for niches.
    Thats all pretty standard for grey market Creeds. It probably was genuine but as described above, the easiest way to check is on the atomizer neck. Creeds are white.

I have just got the same bottle but the code is different mine is A42B12C02 and the lot number and toilet water on top of bottle near the neck not sure if fake

The bottles with a black logo are the middle east and eastern market. I have both variations and both are legit.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    The bottles with a black logo are the middle east and eastern market. I have both variations and both are legit.
    I have the bottle with the black logo also, purchased from Creed Boutique in NYC. I was wondering how has the 2012 DO1 batch compared other 2012 or 2011 batches.