Code of Conduct

Default Xerjoff Casamorati 1888: LIRA

Have you smelled this fragrance? What's your thoughts on it?

Give me all of the details, longevity, projection, similar scents, silage and all that good stuff.

Hit me!

Default Re: Xerjoff Casamorati 1888: LIRA

I have smelled Lira recently. It's is a soft fuzzy caramel/vanilla gourmand. There is no prominent burnt sugar note which is a good thing. I didn't get a big interplay of notes or scent development. It is a nice scent- the price, however, is very steep for what it is. Longeivity is great, I could still smell it the morning after. Sillage is particularly low. I'd go for Rochas Tocade if I had to choose, they may not share all the notes but the idea is similar. Also PG Musc Maori or Montale Chocolate Greedy, Guerlain SDV and Tonka Imperiale, or Linari Angelo di Fiume.
    The vanilla note in Lira reminded me of the way vanilla is done in the Van Cleef & Arpels line, i.e. Orchidee Vanille and Bois d'Iris, etc. Actually, Orchidee Vanille may be your closest bet.
    Hope this helps

The vanilla note in Lira reminded me of the way vanilla is done in the Van Cleef & Arpels line, i.e. Orchidee Vanille and Bois d'Iris, etc.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by dianabi; 8th November 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    I have smelled Lira recently. It's is a soft fuzzy caramel/vanilla gourmand. There is no prominent burnt sugar note which is a good thing. I didn't get a big interplay of notes or scent development. It is a nice scent- the price, however, is very steep for what it is. Longeivity is great, I could still smell it the morning after. Sillage is particularly low. I'd go for Rochas Tocade if I had to choose, they may not share all the notes but the idea is similar. Also PG Musc Maori or Montale Chocolate Greedy, Guerlain SDV and Tonka Imperiale, or Linari Angelo di Fiume.
    The vanilla note in Lira reminded me of the way vanilla is done in the Van Cleef & Arpels line, i.e. Orchidee Vanille and Bois d'Iris, etc. Actually, Orchidee Vanille may be your closest bet.
    Hope this helps

The vanilla note in Lira reminded me of the way vanilla is done in the Van Cleef & Arpels line, i.e. Orchidee Vanille and Bois d'Iris, etc.
    Hope this helps
    Which fragrance does Lira smell like the most out of the bunch you listed? Thanks!

Orchidee Vanille by VCA 1st. Guerlain SDV and Linari Angelo di Fiume runner ups.

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    Orchidee Vanille by VCA 1st. Guerlain SDV and Linari Angelo di Fiume runner ups.
    Allright. I really want Lira but it's too pricey. I hope Orchidee Vanille smells like Lira, I'm ordering a sample right now!!

Good luck and I hope it works for you!

lira smells like unknown pleasures minus the strong lemon at the opening. to me

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    I hope Orchidee Vanille smells like Lira, I'm ordering a sample right now!!
    You won't be disappointed with this. It's much better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You won't be disappointed with this. It's much better IMO.
    I've tested it a couple of times now, and although I'm not disappointed, it's not better than Lira at all IMO. Lira is a one of a kind fragrance, it smells like something I've never smelled before. Orange cream cookies dipped in cinnamon flavored vanilla cream. If Lira projected a lot better I'd buy it. But that's the problem with Lira, it doesn't project. At all! :/

The only similarity I get between these fragrances is the vanilla note that smells almost identical to each other.

Hednic, you are a man with unlimited knowledge. Could you recommend me some fragrances that smells like Lira?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    I've tested it a couple of times now, and although I'm not disappointed, it's not better than Lira at all IMO. Lira is a one of a kind fragrance, it smells like something I've never smelled before. Orange cream cookies dipped in cinnamon flavored vanilla cream. If Lira projected a lot better I'd buy it. But that's the problem with Lira, it doesn't project. At all! :/

The only similarity I get between these fragrances is the vanilla note that smells almost identical to each other.

Hednic, you are a man with unlimited knowledge. Could you recommend me some fragrances that smells like Lira?
    As I said just give unknown pleasure a try

I purchased a bottle of this for my mother when it was first released. It always reminds me of when someone has been baking and using vanilla, it's very nice. It lasts a long time on her and projects well without it being in your face. Usually I can't stand vanilla, but I like this one and it always makes me hungry when I smell it
    Pity Xerjoff no longer reply to e-mails I send, otherwise I would have purchased another bottle of this and some others from them by now, but hey, no answer no purchase with me - their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmworld View Post
    As I said just give unknown pleasure a try
    I've got a sample on the way! Thanks for the tip