Code of Conduct

Default Scents similar to Dolce and Gabanna The One?

MY GOD it smells good...such a terrible shame about the lackluster projection/longevity. What else can I find that smells similar? Sweet but not too sweet, a little bit of spice/tobacco and masculine

Default Re: Scents similar to Dolce and Gabanna The One?

This will sound a little weird, but stay with me. I had a sample of The One. Was right there with you...loved, loved, loved it...but hated its projection/longevity. I had just about decided to add it to the Buy list anyway--make it a date night scent or something--when I tried Obsession for Men. Don't get me wrong--the two are nothing alike--but there was something about Obsession that satisified what I wanted The One to be.

Your experience with The One sounds exactly like mine. When I tried Obsession, I was no longer disappointed to put The One on my No list. Just recognize that the ingredients/scents are different.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

You may enjoy Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, which combines chile/cinnamon spiciness with sweet tobacco. Lasts all day on me, too, though in the latter part it's a closer-to-skin scent. Still robust, though.

yeah a really good perfume....but if you want someone to get its smell you have to be very close....

this perfume was the one that got me into this thing...I started the same way asking similar perfumes but really found one so I started to test others just look for something with tabacco in it and woody

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    You may enjoy Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, which combines chile/cinnamon spiciness with sweet tobacco. Lasts all day on me, too, though in the latter part it's a closer-to-skin scent. Still robust, though.
    Spicebomb is amazing! Although I can't put it next to Dolce PH... Weirdly I find that Dolce Light Blue PH is very close to it

Ed Hardy Villain is a direct clone of D&G The One. It doesn't smell similar to it. It smells just like it.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

just came to my mind this Michael for Men Michael Kors

Frapin 1270 !!

I was like you, I absolutely adored The One and was waiting for the right time to purchase it, until I heard that Frapin 1270 was very similar to it but much much better.

When I was smelt it for the first time, I was absolutely hooked. I wish I had money to throw around obviously Frapin is a niche brand, so the price tag is a little hefty but trust me, you will fall in love with it.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    just came to my mind this Michael for Men Michael Kors
    IMO the drydown of these two is very different

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Frapin 1270 !!
    And much better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Ed Hardy Villain is a direct clone of D&G The One. It doesn't smell similar to it. It smells just like it.
    I just tried this at Macy's today...my gosh you are right. The moment I sprayed it I thought, "Wow, it IS similar to The One!" Adding this to my "to buy when no longer broke" list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I just tried this at Macy's today...my gosh you are right. The moment I sprayed it I thought, "Wow, it IS similar to The One!" Adding this to my "to buy when no longer broke" list.
    Thanks for the tip. Will try this on my next trip to the mall.

Ambre by baldessarini is similar but i think its better than the one...

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Will try this on my next trip to the mall.
    That is as close as you'll ever get to D&G The One without buying The One. Hope it works out for you.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It's flanker - The One Gentleman. In style, to some extent - Gucci Envy For Men, Chanel Allure for men, Chanel Egoiste and CK Obsession for men. I have to stress out - similarity is in a sense of STYLE, not sense of smell per se.

Costume National smells somewhat similar to me.

The projection and longevity of this stuff is BEAST MODE, damn! I sampled this stuff from a store one day with one full spray, I tell you, 5 hours later it smelled as if I had just sprayed it on, I actually don't like it because of that.

Really? Exactly like it? How are the projection/longevity though? seems to be fairly inexpensive, which is good news...now if I can just get my nose on it without buying it first

kenzo jungle
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

Quote Originally Posted by torontobluered View Post
    Really? Exactly like it? How are the projection/longevity though? seems to be fairly inexpensive, which is good news...now if I can just get my nose on it without buying it first
    I don't know about the projection and longevity but the scent is identical.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I don't know about the projection and longevity but the scent is identical.
    I can't stand Villian, but love The One. I've heard Villian compared to Versace Blue Jeans and to me those two are nearly identical.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I can't stand Villian, but love The One. I've heard Villian compared to Versace Blue Jeans and to me those two are nearly identical.
    Really? Blue Jeans? That's odd. Blue Jeans smells like straight up baby powder to me. Villain smells like The One to me.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Really? Blue Jeans? That's odd. Blue Jeans smells like straight up baby powder to me. Villain smells like The One to me.
    I'm not a fan of sweet herbal and both of these have the notes or accords in spades. I just double checked the notes on Fragrantica and Blue Jeans has so many notes it could be 4 fragrances, but it's being compared to Villian. I also get the powdery texture in Blue Jeans. I haven't found a replacement for The One, but waiting for D&G to put out an Intense or EdP version that'll sell like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I'm not a fan of sweet herbal and both of these have the notes or accords in spades. I just double checked the notes on Fragrantica and Blue Jeans has so many notes it could be 4 fragrances, but it's being compared to Villian. I also get the powdery texture in Blue Jeans. I haven't found a replacement for The One, but waiting for D&G to put out an Intense or EdP version that'll sell like hotcakes.
    I'd have kept my bottle of The One if it lasted longer and projected better. It smells great. If an intense version came out, I'd buy it.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

yeah a really good perfume.... I really like it.....

Frapin 1270 !!

I was like you, I absolutely adored The One and was waiting for the right time to purchase it, until I heard that Frapin 1270 was very similar to it but much much better.

When I was smelt it for the first time, I was absolutely hooked. I wish I had money to throw around obviously Frapin is a niche brand, so the price tag is a little hefty but trust me, you will fall in love with it.
    This is like comparing a Skoda with a Rolls Royce. I'd save up for the Frapin and leave the DOG alone. You only live once.

Does anyone wear The One in summer ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Does anyone wear The One in summer ?
    I do. It's not a strong scent, and smells fine in the summer. Although it does give off a "night vibe"

hmmmm, similar in feeling, try out one of the Varvatos fragrances, either the original or the Vintage fragrance. I think one or both have a sort of honeyed spicey leathery amber sort of vibe. You may not get much more longevity out of them than The One though.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Ed Hardy Villain

CologneFan85

Bond No 9 AMBER