Code of Conduct

Default Where to find Iris Silver Mist...

I've just discovered that I love Iris and I've been trawling the web for the best Iris and this one keeps coming up.I would like to purchase some, but I am in Australia and it seems that there's no real online stores that would send it out here. There's plenty of reviews about it on the net though, so I am wondering if there's something I am missing; is there somewhere online I could get myself a bottle of this amazing juice?

Default Re: Where to find Iris Silver Mist...

No, for now Iris Silver Mist is a Paris exclusive, so it can only be bought in the Paris store (and more recently also in New York, for a hefty markup). The store does ship, but only within Europe. So your only possibility is a friend who is going to Paris or to Europe.

Meanwhile, you can keep checking other irises. ISM is very stark, rooty, with a big carrot note and even the doughy note. At the other end, there's the very smooth, natural smelling La Pausa by Chanel.

cacio

I love les Carottes by Honores des Pres is very similar to ISM.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/H...ttes-8595.html

But like Cacio said, either have someone get for you in Paris or buy it from Paris and have it mailed to someone in the EU who will forward it to you. Or NY.
    for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

It used to be true that you could not get the Paris exclusives like Iris Silver Mist in the US but that has recently changed as the Barney's New York flagship store on Madison Avenue now carries the Paris exclusives. I can personally confirm that they have Iris Silver Mist because I bought one as soon as I heard this was a possibility.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 10th November 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typos
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Thanks Somerville Metro Man, but unfortunately I'm in Aust. That's a real shame.

I am in love with Iris 39 be Le Labo and would love to find something else similar. I was hoping I'd be able to get ISM and that would be it!

Quote Originally Posted by aegolius View Post
    I am in love with Iris 39 be Le Labo and would love to find something else similar. I was hoping I'd be able to get ISM and that would be it!
    Just from my experience, there's very little similarity between Iris 39 and ISM. Is there any way for you to get a sample of ISM? Have you written to Serge Lutens for the set of wax samples? I'd definitely recommend that, as they usually send them free if you ask for them (though not certain about Australia).

Also, have you tried Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre? Something tells me you might like that one.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

I love Iris 39. I respect Iris Silver Mist. I'm afraid they are poles apart, showcasing different aspects if the iris. And most iris fragrance lovers I know never stop looking...

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Currently wearing: 31 rue Cambon by Chanel

You want to get in touch with Suzan Becker of ShopFranceInc ([email protected]). She's a personal shopper who deals in, among other things, French fragrances. She has her own store on ebay, but it's cheaper if you directly contact her rather than doing business with her via ebay.

I've bought four bell jars - Sarrasins, La Myrrhe, Une Voix Noire and Rose de Nuit - from her, and all the four transactions went without a hitch. It's cheaper than buying it from Barneys, AND she also ships internationally. The price I think is $225 + shipping. She uses USPS as the carrier, and I think international shipping via USPS is about $45. You might incur some duties, but if price is no object, I'd recommend procuring the bell jar from Suzan.

Well, there was a bottle on eBay just before from a seller in France. I don't speak French but looking at the basic information on the listing it was a new bottle and 75ml. The seller has positive feedback 100% and has posted internationally before. I haven't tried ISM before but given the reviews I took to risk and purchased it; I figure I should be able to resell it given it's rarity and popularity if I don't like it. It cost me just under 150 AUD which I think is pretty good. (But hopefully not one of those too good to be true moments!)

- - - Updated - - -

I just worked out how to translate the listing and it says brand new without box. I am not sure what "bouchon unpressed" means though!

What's the exact french word? Bouchon is usually the stopper, so it could mean anything, from non shrinkwrapped to whatever else (not that the shrinkwrap matters - as many of us have discovered the hard way, shrinkwraps are easy to add - and the usual way for tamperers to make checking difficult).

cacio