Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed vs Allure Homme Sport vs Bleu de Chanel (Summer)

Hey guys, lately I've been trying very hard to finally buy a signature summer scent. I was willing to spend around $130, and basically It came down to Bleu and Allure Homme Sport, till I stumbled across GIT for $130 for a 4.0 oz.
    This had me puzzled again, and I don't know what to choose.

I love GIT, but I don't know if I can pull it off because I'm a little young for it. What do you guys think ? should I just go with one of the Chanel's or take the risk with GIT and see it works for me ?

Just to reiterate, I'm looking for something safe, with strong projection/sillage and an overall crowd pleaser.
    I think everyone needs one of those fragrances.

Suggestions for other fragrances are welcome.

Edit: Oh yeah, and another negative for GIT is the over popularity of Cool Water in my area.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed vs Allure Homme Sport vs Bleu de Chanel (Summer)

All three are fine. I'd choose GIT

On me, at least, Green Irish Tweed doesn't project much after the first couple of hours. Given your youthfulness and the desire for top projection/sillage and your fondness for Chanel, I would suggest Platinum Egoiste. I'm told young women find it very appealing.

Can Platinum Egoiste be pulled off in the warmer weather ? I thought it was more suited to the colder seasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Can Platinum Egoiste be pulled off in the warmer weather ? I thought it was more suited to the colder seasons ?
    PE works fine in the summer! It's the original egoÔst that is a winter scent

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Why Creed of course, 'cause it's simply Creed and is expensive, that's why.

I am 21 and i have both PE and GIT... I dont Want to Miss One of these as they are really Nice scents.

Green Irish Tweed.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Really can't go wrong with any of the three. I vote for BdC. Always gets me compliments and great projection. Wish summer was around the corner for me.

To me GIT is the best of three...

- - - Updated - - -

To me GIT is the best of three...

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Why Creed of course, 'cause it's simply Creed and is expensive, that's why.
    Helpful.

If you must have one from these 3, the BdC.

Sound Scents

GIT easily over those other two duds.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frťdťric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driý) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacrť (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privť (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

The Chanels mentioned would do it nicely (your profile, your wardrobe and the purpose you want to buy it) Allure Sport maybe the closest fit.
    But then GIT is IMHO playing in another league - since you have Azzaro pour homme in your wardrobe you should't have problems wearing GIT as a17yrold. And if you really get a 4oz bottle for $130 ... (Beware of fake bottles)
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art. - Oscar Wilde

The Chanels mentioned would do it nicely (your profile, your wardrobe and the purpose you want to buy it) Allure Sport maybe the closest fit.
    But then GIT is IMHO playing in another league - since you have Azzaro pour homme in your wardrobe you should't have problems wearing GIT as a17yrold. And if you really get a 4oz bottle for $130 ... (Beware of fake bottles)
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the advice, I actually stumbled across a number of GIT'S for that price, even for a 4 oz bottle.
    From top sellers on eBay, so it seems legit.

Hard to believe that a bottle of Bleu De Chanel is $126 for 3.4 Oz, while a bottle of GIT is $130 for 4 Oz.

Creed Green Irish Tweed by several landslides. That stuff is quality.

I am not sure about the prices down under...but I checked the Chanel website and a 3.4 oz of Bleu is $84. I happen to be wearing Green Irish Tweed today. It is a wonderful fragrance and exudes class. So does Chanel. I am a fan of the house pf Chanel and have owned both Bleu and still own Platinum Egoiste. To be honest, Platinum Egoiste has garnered me more compliments from strangers in book stores, supermarkets etc. than any of my other colognes. Whether or not you think GIT smells like Cool Water is your call but I believe you will not go wrong with any of those three. You decide...just remember...because someone is not fond of a scent does not make it a horrible smelling cologne.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Yeah, I've heard that Chanel fragrances are much cheaper in the States. The cheapest I've seen Chanel in my area is roughly $106 for a 50ml bottle, which is still ridiculous.

I think I'm going to go with GIT, I mean I adore the smell and who really cares what other people think ? I tested it out yesterday at around 3 pm and woke up with the smell still on my wrist.
    It works well on my skin, and that was from a 3ml sample so obviously the spray wasn't as good as the notorious Creed bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Green Irish Tweed.
    +1 ......

I do love Green Irish Tweed, but unless I wear the shower gel as well as the EdT longevity can, at times, be an issue. Bleu actually gets me more compliments than GIT and seems to have less of a problem with projection and longevity in my experience.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would also go with the GIT. Yes, it does have spotty longevity, but it is such better than AHS. AHS is incredibly synthetic. GIT is such a fresh, clean, manly scent.

I've stumbled across Bleu De Chanel for $88 on eBay from top sellers. Making this decision is agony haha.

Even if my reply is belated, I'll choose between GIT and Bleu or, if possible, take both (while AHS is good too, the first two scents would be ideal during summer for me).

GIT for me without a second thought. I'd also second Platinum Egoiste...IMO it works best in summer.

GIT which i love 9/10

Blue which i like 7/10

Sport is ok 6/10

Blog Entries

From your list, I'd go with GIT, before BdC. Personally, I don't like AHS.

Like you, I sampled GIT (from ThePerfumedCourt) first, and the longevity on my skin was amazing; so I decided to purchase the 120ml bottle. Despite its strong opening, the GIT I got (from FragranceNet) has inconsistent longevity.

Good luck!

Green Irish Tweed

Quote Originally Posted by Terryd'Hermes View Post
    Helpful.
    well it was supposed to be "helpful".

I don't much like Allure Homme Sport, so that narrows it down to Bleu or GIT.

Between the two, GIT just smells better, to me, and lasts all day. The more I wear Bleu the more synthetic it smells -- I find my affection for GIT has grown over the past few years, while my ardour for Bleu has cooled.

The only reason to pick Bleu would be that everyone else wears Cool Water, but I'd still pick GIT. Remember too that Bleu is quite popular at the moment, and I'd bet lots of people around you wear it; but even though others wear the knockoff you'd probably be the only one around wearing GIT.

Bleu is the only cologne I've worn in the last year that women (three of them) have recognized by name. I don't know its sales figures, but it seems pretty darned popular. If you want to smell unique, Bleu is not the way to go, though it's pleasant enough.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

GIT and AHS are both excellent fragrances IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privť - Oud Royal
    8. BrŁckner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I prefer Bleu.
    GIT, in my opinion is too pricey for what it is.
    AHS is nice, but not worth purchasing, again, in my opinion.

Basically what I get from this thread is: GIT> Platinum Egoiste > Bleu > AHS

GIT is a classic that has held up. It should be in everyones collection

The Chanels you mention aren't worth owning at half the price.

Basenotes Plus

I would choose GIT! I would not buy from a discounter though. I would buy from a basenotes split from someone with great feedback and experience. With the discounters I've noticed that sometimes the batches are a little light.

Either way, go with the GIT.

If you know any splitting GIT hit me up

GIT for sure.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

As far as summer go.. IMO GIT is only one suitable for VERY hot weather. AHS has sweet base that might be cloying in very hot weather and Bleu is not that fresh either.

Anyway my preference for them in any weather would be GIT > AHS > BDCH
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

As a fresh summer scent, get Creed Green Irish Tweed. It is classy, distinct and has a character of quality. It can also have deceptive longevity like the Aventus you own, and still be present and doing its thing, even though you might barely notice it.

If you have to get a Chanel, get the best! Chanel …goÔste (not Platinum) works year round for me, whether I am at home in Copenhagen, Denmark in winter(-10*C) or on holiday in southern Europe(+30*C) in summer! I am quite biased though, as it is my favorite fragrance.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Git