Code of Conduct

Default Hermèssence series now also in 200 ml bottles

I happened to pass by the Hermès boutique at NK Stockholm yesterday and noticed that they had the Hermèssence series on display in two different bottle sizes. I asked and was informed that the entire series has now been released also in double-up 200 ml bottles for, according to the SA, "more or less twice the price" of the original 100 mls.
    Although I'm sure most of us here would have much preferred Hermès to halve, rather than double, the standard 100 ml bottles, I imagine that this move must be an attempt to place the Hermèssence range more solidly in the same territory as other large-bottle exclusive series like Chanel Les Exclusifs and Dior Collection Privée. Why else would they suddenly introduce very big bottles into a series that already consisted only of big bottles?
    Anyway, the new 200 mls look completely the same, just twice the size. The content is unchanged, and I don't know if the new bottles are a permanent arrangement (I can only imagine they are) or some kind of seasonal release. Do any of you know more about this?

Default Re: Hermèssence series now also in 200 ml bottles

News to me but I have noticed Ellena does seem to like large bottles - some of The Different Company stuff is available in 250ml and I bet he had a hand in suggesting Malle's BIgarade Concentree & L'Eau d'Hiver could go out in 'large economy size'.

The Chanel / Dior thing makes sense, too. Why not?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 21st October 2012 at 02:23 PM.

I really wish they'd add ancillary products to this line too.

Oh yeah, wouldn't that be fun!

Vetiver Tonka everything for me, Osmanthe Yunnan too . . . fun.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I really wish they'd add ancillary products to this line too.
    Ohhh yes, please!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Splash Bottles Suck

I'll be watching for a Hermessence split thread!

I could never purchase a 200 ml frag, way to much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I could never purchase a 200 ml frag, way to much for me.
    Same here... much as I like Sycomore I couldn't get myself to get 200ml of it. That would last me forever and by the time I'd use it up, it would probably go off!

I would buy Santal Massoia, Vetiver Tonka, and Osmanthe Yunnan just so I'd never have the fear of running out. And the option to spray liberally. And reply whenever I wanted. MMmmm, yes...

Decanting & pricing aside, I prefer owning 2 bottles of 100ml ad opposed to 1 200ml bottle due to air's propensity to break down chemical compounds over time. But I do own a 200ml eau de cartier 4 its aesthetics--a marvelous piece of art!
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Strange, because I emailed Hermes and they respond that Hermessence isn't available in 200ml...