Code of Conduct

Default I Tend to Mix up Fragrances

That's my way of iinventing unique flavors or giving a twist to a scent I initially like (or sometime dislike).

But before you get scandilized, let me explain:

- I only mix two frangrances at the time

- I put the main fragrance on (usually two sprits at most), and then I put the other one on a piece of cloth, which I rub gently on my wrists and neck; in short I apply it as lightly as possible!

The result could be surprisingly good.

My current favorite combinaison is Carolina Herrera for Men as the main + a very light touch of Guy Laroche Horizon

Default Re: I Tend to Mix up Fragrances

If it works for you - great. For me one at a time , separately works best for me.

I know girls do that and In fact I wanted to ask in this forum just to know if guys did the same thing now I see some guys do it (so far one )

I find that layering generally doesn't work so well for me, and it is hard to get consistent results, although I have been known to layer 2 Man and LIDGE to make LIDGE dryer and give it a bit of smokiness. That's probably my most successful experiment. YMMV.

Just mixed a strongly vanilla-scented body cream and Trish McEvoy #3 and I love the result. I imagine that one would work with a few scents I own.

In my opinion, layering fragrances can really work, but it takes the right two scents, and it works best when one of the two is particularly simple - if not both! The key, obviously, is to look for commonalities or complimentary qualities, AND AVOID NOTES THAT CLASH!

One of the dumbest things I ever did was accidentally spraying SOMETHING on top of Gucci Pour Homme (2003). Even worse, I forgot what the second frag I sprayed was (because as soon as I sprayed my wrist, I realized "You idiot! You already sprayed there!")

I was mostly shopping for clothes that day, so I forgot all about it until later that evening when I caught a whiff something I didn't recognize. It was my wrist.

It! Smelled! FANTASTIC! ...but I have no idea what the other scent in the combo was.

I'm not saying Gph is simple, by the way, but it's not an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kind of scent. It's a deep, rich woody incense.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I think many people layer fragrances on a daily basis without knowing it; it occurs every time we use a different scented-soap, body lotion.

Sometimes, what we think of as the interaction between our body chemistry and our preferred fragrance is nothing but the three elements: body chemistry, scents from auxiliary sources and the actual fragrance we are wearing.