Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Which Fragrance Would You Like Santa To Bring You?

I am wishing Santa brings me a unisex fragrance of Shalimar or Chanel Bois de Iles. However, my partner has just been laid off,so, it may just be a hard candy Christmas!

Kind Regards
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: Which Fragrance Would You Like Santa To Bring You?

I don't have any specific wants right now. I've got enough on my fragrance plate to occupy me for a long time. Maybe a gorgeous vintage parfum. Or a classic Hermes scent. Or a set of vintage "snips" of bygone fragrances. I've been reading about those lately. A bottle of Jean Nate concentrated cologne spray, which is impossible to find in the drugstore now (not the awful reformulated splash, the cologne spray). A vintage bottle of musk oil from the 70s. A Boadecea the Victorious fragrance (just for the beautiful bottle). Or even a box of dusting powder with the powder puff in a classic fragrance. Beautiful soaps. Umm...I can think of all kinds of things that would thrill me from low cost to pretty high (for me), but I don't need a thing....(Santa Baby, are you listening? Lol!!).

adding:
    SouthernGardens, I'm so sorry about your partner being laid off. We have been through that, and so many others have and are going through it now. Things will get better, just hang in there. It sounds like a platitude, but you don't need a lot of spending money to have a beautiful Christmas as long as you've got each other. I heard a pop Christmas song on the radio yesterday while driving, and it really irked me, frankly. It was only Nov. 9th. I really dislike being manipulated, and so I refuse to be.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th November 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Hermes Doblis, Santa, pretty please?
    Do happy

Southergardens: Sorry to hear about the lay-off (so many experiencing this - darn these tough times!!!!). When I have to pull the purse strings tighter, I find that ordering a decant of an expensive, coveted fragrance works just fine. As a matter of fact, I might just ask Santa to bring me a decanted flacon of Bois de Armenie or Vanile Galante ! Hope your fragrant wishes come true
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I don't have any specific wants right now. I've got enough on my fragrance plate to occupy me for a long time. Maybe a gorgeous vintage parfum. Or a classic Hermes scent. Or a set of vintage "snips" of bygone fragrances. I've been reading about those lately. A bottle of Jean Nate concentrated cologne spray, which is impossible to find in the drugstore now (not the awful reformulated splash, the cologne spray). A vintage bottle of musk oil from the 70s. A Boadecea the Victorious fragrance (just for the beautiful bottle). Or even a box of dusting powder with the powder puff in a classic fragrance. Beautiful soaps. Umm...I can think of all kinds of things that would thrill me from low cost to pretty high (for me), but I don't need a thing....(Santa Baby, are you listening? Lol!!).

adding:
    SouthernGardens, I'm so sorry about your partner being laid off. We have been through that, and so many others have and are going through it now. Things will get better, just hang in there. It sounds like a platitude, but you don't need a lot of spending money to have a beautiful Christmas as long as you've got each other. I heard a pop Christmas song on the radio yesterday while driving, and it really irked me, frankly. It was only Nov. 9th. I really dislike being manipulated, and so I refuse to be.
    Thanks for the thoughts lilybelle and you are right it will be OK one way or the other. I believe things happen for a reason and so I have to accept this is the way it is meant to be for now and things will get better!

Your a Doll!

Trish McEvoy #3 Snowdrop and Crystal Flowers. (I have a sample of that one and plan on buying it at some point in the near future, anyway.)

Muscs Kublai Kahn or
    Comme des Garcons Artek Standard

Banned

Hehe nice question:-) at the moment i have many nice wishes:-)

Will see which one survives in my head until xmas:-)

The list goes: bal a versailles :-) no i am joking:-)

My biggest wish would be a box of 50 samples of 2 ml atomizers:-) of vintage and new stuff, all that i did not try that would include all vintage guerlains, men women, patous and samples of all profumo.it!
    I just love it natural!

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain. Though I have not been naughty, I have not been THAT good. And I am perfectly happy with Eau Duelle.

My wish would be that you all get YOUR fragrant wishes fulfilled. What do you think Santa wears? I'm thinking something gourmand.

Lisa

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Lisa, I bet Santa might wear Parfumerie Generale "Un Crime Exotique" - this one is liquid gingerbread IMO. LOL

Hope you both get through and out of this safe and quick. Much sympathy.
    I don't have an idea for a frag yet. We'll see if I still feel like this a month from now but I think it most sensible for everyone to have a simple Christmas this year.. ))

Gardens, I am so sorry about the layoff.

I would love to have some Sous Le Vent, but we shall see.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I am wishing Santa brings me a unisex fragrance of Shalimar or Chanel Bois de Iles. However, my partner has just been laid off,so, it may just be a hard candy Christmas!

Kind Regards
    You too huh? My husband and I will join you on that candy Christmas..as the Holiday bonus was a pink slip. Santa, he's applying for unemployment too I hear, even Rudolph. If Santa could drop me some fume, it would be Ambra Di Luna for sure..I'd settle for a sample in the stocking.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    Hope you both get through and out of this safe and quick. Much sympathy.
    I don't have an idea for a frag yet. We'll see if I still feel like this a month from now but I think it most sensible for everyone to have a simple Christmas this year.. ))
    Thank you dianabi!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Gardens, I am so sorry about the layoff.

I would love to have some Sous Le Vent, but we shall see.
    Thank you Primrose!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    You too huh? My husband and I will join you on that candy Christmas..as the Holiday bonus was a pink slip. Santa, he's applying for unemployment too I hear, even Rudolph. If Santa could drop me some fume, it would be Ambra Di Luna for sure..I'd settle for a sample in the stocking.
    It really bites right hear at the holidays Kalli. You are in my prayers!

Banned

Oh southern, i did not read the last part of your question,

I am sorry to hear that! :-(((

We are living in a scary times......i feel bad to talk about perfumes when people go through tough times!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    Oh southern, i did not read the last part of your question,

I am sorry to hear that! :-(((

We are living in a scary times......i feel bad to talk about perfumes when people go through tough times!
    It's OK. It lifts my spirit to steal a little joy from you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post

It really bites right hear at the holidays Kalli. You are in my prayers!
    Right back at ya, sending some over.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

summer means fireflys

Well, I have a wish list as long as my arm ... but realistically I'm hoping for just one fragrance from Santa this year: Angel Fragrance of Leather.

southerngardens, sorry to hear about your partner's layoff. Hopefully, he will find something better very soon!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Well, I have a wish list as long as my arm ... but realistically I'm hoping for just one fragrance from Santa this year: Angel Fragrance of Leather.

southerngardens, sorry to hear about your partner's layoff. Hopefully, he will find something better very soon!
    I am praying for it! Thanks so much shadesofbleu!

Southerngardens, been there and done that. Now we are better off than we were at the beginning of Obama's first term. Hang on tight please.

To answer your question: Guerlain Cuir Beluga and Amouage Interlude Women. Somehow, holidays began early this year with the BNFB of Gobin Daude Nuit au Desert and several more. A small fortune. Don't ask how much -- a lot!

iivanita, your dreams may come true: please update your To Test list with at least 75-100 fragrances so that we know which 50 to send to you.

Santa needs to bring me a 100 ml of Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme

I would love a big honking bottle of Dior Mitzah, or a bottle of the new Andy Tauer Un Lys au Desert... I wouldn't say no to a bottle of Amouage Opus VI either!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Southerngardens, been there and done that. Now we are better off than we were at the beginning of Obama's first term. Hang on tight please.

To answer your question: Guerlain Cuir Beluga and Amouage Interlude Women. Somehow, holidays began early this year with the BNFB of Gobin Daude Nuit au Desert and several more. A small fortune. Don't ask how much -- a lot!

iivanita, your dreams may come true: please update your To Test list with at least 75-100 fragrances so that we know which 50 to send to you.
    Thank You so much! We are and God is blessing us so far!

I know for a fact it's going to be Shalimar extract

I love a bottle of Carnal Flower!

Basenotes Member

Aventus

Opium or Allure edp or Rive gauche or .... I have many wishes
    eden <3 <3 <3

Cuir Beluga, Visa, Theorema or Boxeuses would be on my
    fantasy wish list. Wishing you a better future also; things will
    get better I am sure. My younger son was out of work for 18 months, gave up
    looking and did some voluntary work, which led to a paid job the very next week.
    Miracles do happen.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Amouage Memoir woman would be enough
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

A huge, vintage bottle, of Chanel Egoiste.

Amouage Gold Parfum and Jalaine Vetiver

Sorry about your partner's layoff. Sucks especially at this time of year. While I don't believe Santa will bring me much but coal. I've been a BAD girl this year! I still would wish for Chanel's Cuir de Russie or Etat Libre d'Oranger's Rien! Both are so breathtakingly lovely!

Dcampbell

Vetiver Tonka it is the last buy bottle on my list for a reason $$$$

Today I got the chance to try Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire in extract. I own the edp but the extract blew me away. Please Santa baby I really really really want it.
    DONNA

Well, I stated that I wanted Doblis, but in truth, I wanted Iris Ganache. After making frantic phone calls to department stores across the UK and the US, I was annoyed to find that no one carried it anymore... being discontinued and all. Fret not, said my daugther. Apparently, my husband is giving me a bottle for Christmas! All is right with the world... my world
    Do happy

Southerngardens it's rough out here. I have had to tighten my purse strings as well. I am saving money for the nursing program, which has been hard to do these days. Praying Santa will bring your partner a wonderful new job. I would like Santa to bring me a perfume made especially for me that leaves people floating behind me like Wimpy floating behind the scent of a hamburger. I'd settle for a bottle of Dzongkha though lol.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Today I got the chance to try Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire in extract. I own the edp but the extract blew me away.
    Please don't say that. I just purchased the edp as one of my GF's presents. Well if she likes it, could get the extrait for her birthday.

As for me, anything my GF gets me is fine.

Basenotes Plus

The bottle of Guerlain L'Heure de Nuit looks pretty tempting.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 1st December 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Southerngardens it's rough out here. I have had to tighten my purse strings as well. I am saving money for the nursing program, which has been hard to do these days. Praying Santa will bring your partner a wonderful new job. I would like Santa to bring me a perfume made especially for me that leaves people floating behind me like Wimpy floating behind the scent of a hamburger. I'd settle for a bottle of Dzongkha though lol.
    I know and things are looking up. He has an interview with a temp agency that may turn into something permanent next week! And, I am getting what I wanted for Christmas after all. A bottle of L'Heure Bleue edp! Thanks to my mom!