Code of Conduct

Default is it safe to buy on amazon?

i'm planning to buy a fragrances over their but when i check some of the reviews on different fragrances for men somebody said that they received a fake product and.

and the fragrances that i want to buy is only available on amazon which L`eau d`Issey Eau D`Ete Summer Edition.

Default Re: is it safe to buy on amazon?

Yes, so long as you buy from Amazon directly (it will say "sold and shipped by Amazon" or something to that affect.)

The issue with Amazon is 3rd party sellers who sell THROUGH Amazon. Amazon itself is 100% legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Yes, so long as you buy from Amazon directly (it will say "sold and shipped by Amazon" or something to that affect.)

The issue with Amazon is 3rd party sellers who sell THROUGH Amazon. Amazon itself is 100% legit.
    Absolutely correct.

Also be wary when it says 'fulfilled by Amazon' but the seller is not Amazon. This just means Amazon are facilitating the logistics and there is no check for authenticity.

well there's a 2 same product over their and sold by different company.

here's the 1st the product which is sold by the name tuccini.
    http://www.amazon.com/Issey-Miyake-T...ke+2009+summer

and the 2nd product which is sold fragrance best price.

http://www.amazon.com/DISSEY-SUMMER-...ke+2009+summer

who do you think is much safe to buy in terms of original product?

No way of knowing with either. Click on the company name to see feedback. Remember that the actual product reviews have no relation to the seller as whomever is cheapest takes ownership of the product page.

well the company tuccini has more buyers than the other so i guess i know which company i'll buy my fragrances.

thanks for the advised guys. appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Also be wary when it says 'fulfilled by Amazon' but the seller is not Amazon. This just means Amazon are facilitating the logistics and there is no check for authenticity.

^ ^ ^ ^ These. I've never had any problems when purchasing fragrances directly from Amazon.com.
    Last edited by del; 10th November 2012 at 05:19 PM.

There's always a risk. Are willing to take it, is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ These. I've never had any problems when purchasing fragrances directly from Amazon.com.
    Agreed! There is not a company that I would trust more than Amazon in the UK. Their whole ethos revolves around customer service, even at the expense of profit. Being in business Amazon are a nightmare because they have no loyalty to brands or respect for thei SRPs, they simple trash pricing to always be the cheapest, but as a consumer they are a dream!!

I'm unfamiliar with both Tuccini and BestPrice. It looks like sears.com has Eau D`Ete Summer Edition too and they have a solid online reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with both Tuccini and BestPrice. It looks like sears.com has Eau D`Ete Summer Edition too and they have a solid online reputation.
    Sears has a marketplace now just like Amazon does though, so I think you still gotta be careful there. Maybe Sears Marketplace has a better reputation than Amazon does though, I don't know.

omg you guys are confusing me whether i'm gonna buy in amazon. don't know if i'll gonna take the risk or not :-?

Quote Originally Posted by lostinheaven View Post
    omg you guys are confusing me whether i'm gonna buy in amazon. don't know if i'll gonna take the risk or not :-?
    Research the sellers you're thinking of buying from trough amazon. Google the name of the seller, look for reviews and see what comes up. If they're known for selling fakes, poor customer service, etc, people are going to be talking. That's what I do when I'm not sure about a place.

I've bought probably 30 or so bottles from Amazon and have never gotten a fake. I know which sellers on Amazon are trustworthy.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Exactly. Amazon does have sellers who are not quite affiliated with Amazon. Like eBay sellers, they just use Amazon as a way to get their product out there.

I've bought Creeds and designer bottles through Amazon and never had a problem. With the money I've saved even if I get a bad one I'm ahead of the game. I do try to always buy from the store with the highest satisfaction rating even if it's a couple dollars more.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelee View Post
    yes, so long as you buy from amazon directly (it will say "sold and shipped by amazon" or something to that affect.)

the issue with amazon is 3rd party sellers who sell through amazon. Amazon itself is 100% legit.
    this.

tuccini is reliable. Ive bought from them several times through amazon. Actually I would buy that frag from either company. You dont have to worry about fakes as much from amazon as with ebay.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

As others have stated, if the seller is Amazon & not a 3rd Party you should be fine. I've never encountered a fake this way & even if you felt like you did, their customer service is very good, so you shouldnt have a problem with a return.