Code of Conduct

Exclamation Help L'eau d'issey by Issey Miyake , is mine fake ??

Hey all , i am a new member , and i need you to tell me if my bottle of l'eau d'issey is fake ?.. so i bought it at a store , i m not really 100% sure of its authencity cause it serves real bottles on a side and another side for fakes..i read that this fragrance lasts for 12+hrs ! but mine lasts for 2 hours without projection .. the code on the bottle is the same as the code on the box , there's no sign so that i can say it's fake , the only thing is the longevity/sillage/projection and the sprayer is different from a sprayer of a tester at another store that i can also see it in the fragrance reviews on youtube.. so i ll attach pictures..Help me please , i used all the juice and now i need to know... the spray i got on my hand at the store when i went to test and compare bottles , gave me 7+hrs with good projection , i can smell the scent around me
    Thanks ;
    Last edited by newfraglove; 2nd April 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Default Re: Help L'eau d'issey by Issey Miyake , is mine fake ??

Looks fine to me.

look to the code on the bottle , i think there is a space between '2' and 'x' , but on the box all letters have spaces ! also look at the bottom of the box , look at the engraved code , under it , i see another printed code that starts with ' 616 '

Basenotes Plus

I need some more information...

How many times have you used it? If you've only used it a couple of times then I think you should just give it time. You might be judging a very small sample size of what the fragrance is actually capable of.

How reputable was the actual store? If it's a chain, then why would you even need to worry?

In my opinion, I think it looks fine. I've seen a lot of these "fake" threads popping up which has caused a chain reaction of fear among the users.

It looks fine to me. Try a better longevity applying behind earlobes, on the hair. Ask people around you if they can still smell the fragrance.
    Last edited by Alvus; 31st August 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Looking at my bottle and the pics you posted, they look exactly the same.

I have the same "issue", on my skin it lasts only for 2-3 hours until it turns into subtle not easy to notice. I have tried it on my shirt (90% cotton) and it could be smelled for more than 18 hours. I guess it's our skin that's the problem, not the juice Unless it's also with longevity alike on your clothes like on your skin of course. In my case, I started using moisturizer (johnson's baby oil with aloe vera) and noticed an hour or more increase on the 1st day after use. Mind also you could become used to a smell if you sniff a long time (not sure if proven).

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I need some more information...

How many times have you used it? If you've only used it a couple of times then I think you should just give it time. You might be judging a very small sample size of what the fragrance is actually capable of.

How reputable was the actual store? If it's a chain, then why would you even need to worry?

In my opinion, I think it looks fine. I've seen a lot of these "fake" threads popping up which has caused a chain reaction of fear among the users.
    I said i used all the juice and that was probably during 2 months with dailywear , first i said there's no sign tells me its fake so i thought it's my skin ! and yeah " kocy " mine lasted on the clothes for 3 days !! then i started using overspraying ! sometimes i did 26 sprays , and no one notice it after 1 hour even if when my GF sniffed my neck! that's terrible..the smell is the same with a bottle i tested yesterday in another store that lasted 12+hrs ! so it's not my skin! the only thing that i could guess now , is that the bottle i bought was outdated or maybe another cause. idk

Have you worn other fragrance in the time between you using l'eau d'issey and the time you went to the store for a test? It could be that your nose recognized a new fragrance? Olfactory adaptation or what is it called.

Quote Originally Posted by kocy View Post
    Have you worn other fragrance in the time between you using l'eau d'issey and the time you went to the store for a test? It could be that your nose recognized a new fragrance? Olfactory adaptation or what is it called.
    before and at the same time i am using l'eau d'issey , i wear Lacoste Challenge too ! and between the time i am using l'eau and going to another store to test it again , i was wearing versace eau fraiche and versace the dreamer that really works very well on my skin! , versace the dreamer from iloveparfums.com , and versace eau fraiche from a different store , i mean not the store where i bought l'eau d'issey and also not the other store where i tested it again

Thanks a lot to all who replied.

- - - Updated - - -

Please If Anyone has the 2.5 Fl.oz / 75ml Bottle , upload a picture of the sprayer .

- - - Updated - - -

i love the smell ! but i am scared of buying it again ! it is useless without longevity and sillage..i want you tell me my bottle is fake or its outdated , or anything , NOT reformulated , just so i can get another bottle..

Its a real one.
    You cant smell it coz u suffer from olfactory fatigue.That happens to me too but people around me compliment me even after 8 hours of applying even if I cant smell myself.

Either olfactory fatigue or the juice may be a lil old.

The bottle and box look on par. Though the box does look like the white portion has been wrapped around the silver or it looks like a cover that can be pulled off, if you look at the edges.

It's fake. You're screwed. How do I know? I'm the bastard who sold it to you! Mwahaha!

Honestly, looks fine. Hope you enjoy it

Edit: Removed
    Last edited by iiRISH_LUcK; 26th May 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Looks legit to me. I compared the pics to the one I have, and I see no noticeable difference.

Although I'm not sure about the color of the font of your bottle because of the picture quality. Kinda bluish? Mine is rough silvery.