Code of Conduct

Default Cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla

Yes, I'm looking for what the title is saying. A very very sweet, warm and loud cinnamon note combined with a creamy, sugary sweet vanilla! It sounds delicious, doesn't it?

I don't care if it's a feminine fragrance, just suggest what ever fits my description!

Thanks in advance everybody!

EDIT: No musky or leathery scents, please!
    Last edited by MikeDropIt; 10th November 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Dependent

Default Re: Cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla

Jovan Sex Appeal for Men
    Musc Ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    Yes, I'm looking for what the title is saying. A very very sweet, warm and loud cinnamon note combined with a creamy, sugary sweet vanilla! It sounds delicious, doesn't it?

I don't care if it's a feminine fragrance, just suggest what ever fits my description!

Thanks in advance everybody!
    This should fit the bill: cinnamon and vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Musc Ravageur
    My first thought as well.

24 the fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

Well you asked for no musky scents so I'm not going to agree with the above 2 posters on Musc Ravageur...if I were you I would try Une Crime Exotique by Parfumerie Generale or Corduroy by Zirh.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th November 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

You can go really cheap on this one:

Carlos Santana for Men ($20 for 100mls)

or really expensive

Musc Ravageur ($230 for 50mls)

Matin Calin by CSP

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Jaipur Homme is such a delicious scent. I have the edp version. So refined, balanced. It gets a lot of criticism in that it is outdated, etc. I don't subscribe to that school of thought. It is a classic to be appreciated by men of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Jaipur Homme is such a delicious scent. I have the edp version. So refined, balanced. It gets a lot of criticism in that it is outdated, etc. I don't subscribe to that school of thought. It is a classic to be appreciated by men of substance.

Senore, I've been really interested in this one, but I have a hard time with orientals...I find they're often too opulent, formal and downright "fancy" for my tastes and personality.

Would you describe Jaipur as opulent, formal, and fancy (understanding I'm not using these words with a negative connotation)?

Basenotes Junkie

I read through this thread because that sounds like an intriguing frag and I wanted to see what people were saying...even though I don't have one to suggest because I haven't come across one yet, I have to say that from your description of what you are looking for, Musc Ravageur is definitely not it!! If Musc Ravageur is the scent of cinnamon cookies dipped in vanilla then apparently I have never smelled it. Musc Ravageur is far from sweet in a cookie sense, and it is powdery and, in my own opinion, nasty. I'm just saying that it smells nothing like cinnamon cookies dipped in vanilla to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I read through this thread because that sounds like an intriguing frag and I wanted to see what people were saying...even though I don't have one to suggest because I haven't come across one yet, I have to say that from your description of what you are looking for, Musc Ravageur is definitely not it!! If Musc Ravageur is the scent of cinnamon cookies dipped in vanilla then apparently I have never smelled it. Musc Ravageur is far from sweet in a cookie sense, and it is powdery and, in my own opinion, nasty. I'm just saying that it smells nothing like cinnamon cookies dipped in vanilla to me.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Would you describe Jaipur as opulent, formal, and fancy (understanding I'm not using these words with a negative connotation)?
    I would. It's very powdery, patchouli, aldehydey.

I know Musc Ravageur is very much loved here, I have a hard time getting beyond the Band-Aid smell it opens with. The first time I wore it, the Band-Aid scent was gone within minutes, and I hit the beautiful vanilla scent. The second time, I never reached the vanilla stage...the Band-Aid stayed with me for hours. Major bummer that day.

I'm sort of on a hunt for a similar scent. Of the ones I've tried, Jaipur isn't bad. I've worn it once and enjoyed it.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

I'd say 24 Gold..doesn't hurt that it's $40 either. It's warm and very very loud.

In point of safety, should be used with the application of cinnamon-heavy fragrances; for cinnamon is a potent skin irritant.

This suggestion is easy for me: Les Senteurs Gourmands by Laurence Dumond called Petite Madeleine, named after the sweet French pastries.

The notes: ”Sweet, warm, and gourmet, a tempting treat from morning till night,” and its notes are listed as bergamot, cannelle [cinnamon], almond, vanilla, white musk and precious wood."

This is affordable at about $39.00 USD.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/11/21...grance-review/
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    I'm sort of on a hunt for a similar scent. Of the ones I've tried, Jaipur isn't bad. I've worn it once and enjoyed it.
    I do find Sex Appeal Men similar to Musc Ravageur but with the sweet-sharp spices turned way up.

Vanille tonka by nicolai

Hello everyone, and thank you for all of your suggestions so far!

I'm not even gonna bother to try Musc Ravageur after all the hate about the opening, especially when the opening lasts for a pretty long time (about 2 hours from what I've read)

I've tried Jaipur in both edt and edp and I have to say, even tho it's a wonderful fragrance that has alot of cinnamon in it, it smells out dated and is suitable for an older gentlemen rather than the 18 years old boy that I am. And, it contains a lot of patch, which I also hate.

I have to try out the rest of the suggestions. Really excited to try out the CSP one and Laurent Dumont!

BTW, keep suggesting fragrances that fits my cravings without musk, patch or leather!

I'd go with Musc Ravageur. You might actually also enjoy Angel Men, even though it doesn't fit your criteria exactly. It has that cookie and bakery vibe.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

It would be silly to dismiss Musc Ravageur (or any fragrance) without trying it yourself. It's definitely cinnamon and vanilla, and based on your request it was the first thought of many people here (including me).

And by the way, almost all fragrances contain musk. Smell before you judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    It would be silly to dismiss Musc Ravageur (or any fragrance) without trying it yourself. It's definitely cinnamon and vanilla, and based on your request it was the first thought of many people here (including me).

And by the way, almost all fragrances contain musk. Smell before you judge.
    I understand what our coming from, but even if I ended up liking MR it's too pricey for me. And yes, almost all fragrances contain musk, but not every fragrance has a prominent musk note!

I'm with Merely on this one: We usually agree on everything so this is not unusual--but it's true: When you get the best, most expensive and finest cinnamon extracts they are *always* augmented with a skull and cross bones and warning signs. Cinnamon extracts are systematically hyper poisonous: Even mints. My derm told me *never* to buy cinnamon mints. regardless of allergies or not: Just not OK for the human body. They do say that about porc, bit in france we've been eating it for centuries and also horse: Horse is so much better than beef that once you have eaten it, beef seems second grade, to say the least. Granted, we eat lamp's head roasted as well, and tripes, and all manner of other strange things: Frogslegs, snails: The list is never ending. Nothing, though, is poisonous like cinnamon. It *clearly says* "poisonous" and "death" on the bottle: and this is from the best sources.....
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Banned

Try:

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens - One in initially treated to a lemony accord. Bergamot, with its bittersweet and peppery facets, commingles with a robust, sweetly floral, Earl Grey tea. This tart and tangy mixture, almost effervescent, is carried on an undercurrent of ginger, which infuses its sweet and lemony facets, to the heart. Here, the warmth and spiciness of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg shower the lemony opening, lifting a gingerbread accord, reminiscent of speculoos, with their rich sweetness and spiciness. A balsamic and faintly buttery woodiness from cedar carries the seductive accord to the base. Transitioning, the smooth cedar is tempered by a woody and lively pepper flittering about, akin to incense, and honey, which imparts its sweetness with a touch of urine. A resinous amber infuses its vanillic and smoky facets. And, a somewhat dark and slightly musky patchouli diffuses its aromatic earthiness. A dusting of bitter cacao also presents. The interplay of the foregoing leads to a comforting drydown. This unisex fragrance leans to the masculine side, and is light and bright. A festive composition, it has average projection, a 1-foot scent cloud, and average longevity, approximately 8 hours.

That one does sound really good, D&S..haven't had much luck with SL scents but it does sound good.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Diesel Zero Plus is what you are looking for and it just costs a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    This suggestion is easy for me: Les Senteurs Gourmands by Laurence Dumond called Petite Madeleine, named after the sweet French pastries.

The notes: ”Sweet, warm, and gourmet, a tempting treat from morning till night,” and its notes are listed as bergamot, cannelle [cinnamon], almond, vanilla, white musk and precious wood."

This is what your lookning for MikeDropIt

L by Lolita Lempicka is an accurate depiction of a Cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla It's also created by the same perfumier as Musc Ravageur ... Maurice Roucel. I would say its creamier

I get both notes from Endymion by Penhaligons (plus a strong note of mocha and/or milkshake mixed with sage, if this kind of note or even the mental concept, image, association of these notes is possible).

I was just reading some reviews on Hypnotic Poison and it mentioned some these notes, especially the almond and vanilla. Might be worth a sniff.

I'm in agreement with Un Crime Exotique.
    I would give Must de Cartier PH a try as well.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    I'm with Merely on this one: We usually agree on everything so this is not unusual--but it's true: When you get the best, most expensive and finest cinnamon extracts they are *always* augmented with a skull and cross bones and warning signs. Cinnamon extracts are systematically hyper poisonous: Even mints. My derm told me *never* to buy cinnamon mints. regardless of allergies or not: Just not OK for the human body. They do say that about porc, bit in france we've been eating it for centuries and also horse: Horse is so much better than beef that once you have eaten it, beef seems second grade, to say the least. Granted, we eat lamp's head roasted as well, and tripes, and all manner of other strange things: Frogslegs, snails: The list is never ending. Nothing, though, is poisonous like cinnamon. It *clearly says* "poisonous" and "death" on the bottle: and this is from the best sources.....
    Wow.. I'm speechless. This, I did not know. It's kinda scary now after reading your post.. haha.
    But why is cinnamon even allowed in fragrances then? It's obvious that it's life threatening, so why put it in fragrances? And for all I know, cinnamon can be done synthetically, so I shouldn't worry about that right? Has there been any deaths due to application of cinnamon fragrances? Is it dangerous to actually eat anything with cinnamon in it?

I bet not many people knows this..

I do a customized version of the Blood Type Diet (Dr. Peter D'Adamo) and cinnamon is an *avoid* for me. I think cinnamon in very mild doses might be ok for many people. But I'm not so sure now...one time my husband had a terrible rash and swollen lips, etc. and had to go get an antihistimine shot. The only cause I could track it to was a cinnamon stick in his hot cider, and I thought, "well, that' can't be it". But I had not had one in mine, and we'd both ingested the same things except for the cinnamon. Before I did blood type diet, I used to use cinnamon in baking and cooking, and I never had a reaction. So I don't know...maybe it is a cumulative thing for some people, and maybe others are ok with it, but in moderate or very small amounts. A LOT of cinnamon would be harmful to anybody. It will irritate your skin, the straight essential oil. But individuals are unique with unique reactions to various substances. If cinnamon doesn't seem to bother you then perhaps it is ok for you. Just use caution, as with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I do a customized version of the Blood Type Diet (Dr. Peter D'Adamo) and cinnamon is an *avoid* for me. I think cinnamon in very mild doses might be ok for many people. But I'm not so sure now...one time my husband had a terrible rash and swollen lips, etc. and had to go get an antihistimine shot. The only cause I could track it to was a cinnamon stick in his hot cider, and I thought, "well, that' can't be it". But I had not had one in mine, and we'd both ingested the same things except for the cinnamon. Before I did blood type diet, I used to use cinnamon in baking and cooking, and I never had a reaction. So I don't know...maybe it is a cumulative thing for some people, and maybe others are ok with it, but in moderate or very small amounts. A LOT of cinnamon would be harmful to anybody. It will irritate your skin, the straight essential oil. But individuals are unique with unique reactions to various substances. If cinnamon doesn't seem to bother you then perhaps it is ok for you. Just use caution, as with anything.
    I've never had such an experience with cinnamon like your husband had. I've eaten cinnamon almost everyday for the past 2 years. I use it in bakery, in cooking, and I use fragrances with huge amounts of cinnamon in it.

I hope everything worked out for your husband by the way!

There are lot of vanila ( alone ) and cin. ( alone ) but together hm... only clear choice would be MR ( my personal signature almoste 4 years now ) , but this is no cookie... or it is one animalistic cookie , and vanila is not clear smooth vanila ( like dry in tobacco vanille ) , this vanille is pure natural vanilla , raw and strong, temptating and dearing... Go for this one ( or just use Vanila from Jil Sander Absolute, and cin. from Diesel Ziro M. ) ... Good Luck.

Another good one is Vanille Canelle by CSP

Wow.. I'm speechless. This, I did not know. .
    That's because it isn't poisonous.

Why would you believe this just because you read it in some perfume forum online?

Cinnamon can be harmful if you consume an insane amount of it, which, unless you are insane, you would never ever do.

L de Lolita Lempicka by Mourice Roucel? It has elements from Musc Ravageur and has some kind of "salty cookie" accord.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had such an experience with cinnamon like your husband had. I've eaten cinnamon almost everyday for the past 2 years. I use it in bakery, in cooking, and I use fragrances with huge amounts of cinnamon in it.

I hope everything worked out for your husband by the way!
    He's fine, thank you! And he has had cinnamon subsequently with no ill effects. But just wanted to make the point (in my rambling boring way) that cinnamon is not for everybody, and as a concentrated extract or essential oil - it can burn the skin. Who knows what it would do internally. Anyway, I hope you find the yummy fragrance you're looking for!

I honestly don't think Musc Ravegeur is a good suggestion, for the first part of it it smells nothing like what he's describing.

Basenotes Institution

I wear a TON of cinnamon scents, always have, and I have only had 1 scent that made me break out inn a rash, it was from an 'all natural /organic perfume house'.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I've been eating cinnamon sticks (yes, the bark before it's ground into powder) my whole life. Dirty little secret. Not dead yet.

Was also going to say that if you can find the MR oil, I've heard that it doesn't have the top notes that people object to. It goes straight to the drydown.

Musc Ravageur Oil, Tonka Imperiale (more ameretto cookie in vanilla but so good...), Comme des Garcons White, although this one is probably not sweet enough but great for milky cinnamon.

L'Erbolario Méharées

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wear a TON of cinnamon scents, always have, and I have only had 1 scent that made me break out inn a rash, it was from an 'all natural /organic perfume house'.
    Well, since you wear a TON of cinnamon fragrances, could you suggest me a kilo of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

Yes, and the musk is not noticeable at all--just a cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla like the topic starter is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayven View Post
    Yes, and the musk is not noticeable at all--just a cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla like the topic starter is looking for.
    Do you guys think it smells feminine? I know that cinnamon cookies dipped in vanilla doesn't sound very masculin, but is it hard for a man to wear it? To give you a perspective, I own and wear Tonka Imperiale that is classified as a feminine scent. I do wear it and it's not hard for men to wear. How is this compared to TI in terms of wearability?

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    Diesel Zero Plus is what you are looking for and it just costs a few bucks.
    This was going to be my recommendation as well. I love Diesel Zero Plus. I get a spicy cinnamon powder note up top that dries down to a musky/milky vanilla/tonka type scent that retains a bit of the cinnamon & spices. It's like a modern, sweeter, young version of Old Spice. Very comforting in cold weather & worth way more than it sells for.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    This was going to be my recommendation as well. I love Diesel Zero Plus. I get a spicy cinnamon powder note up top that dries down to a musky/milky vanilla/tonka type scent that retains a bit of the cinnamon & spices. It's like a modern, sweeter, young version of Old Spice. Very comforting in cold weather & worth way more than it sells for.
    I really don't like Old Spice at all, and fragrances with musk is a no no for me!

Givenchy Organza Indecence. A seriously cinnamon cookie dipped in vanilla.

I really don't like Old Spice at all, and fragrances with musk is a no no for me!
    I hear you with the musk issue but I can tell you its pretty hard to smell the musk note. If you PM me your mail adress I can send you a sample, if you're interested.

Basenotes Junkie

You could try out Creeds Original Santal. I get a good amount of cinnamon from it. You might miss out on the pure vanilla though, but it's definitely worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go and smell Musc Ravageur first... then save up for it!

Besides Diesel Zero Plus, my other favorite cinnamon dominant fragrance is Serge Luten's Rousse. It's an incredible cinnamon scent, but it doesn't have the vanilla/cookie element though. Instead, Rousse opens with a Red Hots candy type cinnamon note (also similar to Fire flavored Jolly Ranchers or cinnamon scented brooms, potpourri, etc. that you find during the Holiday season. ) From there, it holds that candy type cinnamon note into an amber base note.

Some don't like the candy/potpourri associations & think it smells like a walking holiday candle, but personally, if u like a pure dominant cinnamon, I think this one is great.

What you're looking for is EAU DES BAUX by L'Occitane! Cinnamon and vanilla with incense, it's just heavenly and long lasting not synthetic smelling at all and not only that it's priced quite cheap for the quality

forget musc rav - it's foul!!!!

i think you should try Hermes Ambre Narguile. Not exactly vanilla, but warm, cinnamon with vanillic notes. It's also very long lasting. Personally i think it's the closest thing out there to match your request.

How about L'Erbolario Meharees - Musc Ravageur without the musk or clove - that leaves vanilla and cinamon!!!

Oh @wampa already said that - +1 then!

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    I hear you with the musk issue but I can tell you its pretty hard to smell the musk note. If you PM me your mail adress I can send you a sample, if you're interested.
    Yeah I know that the musk in Old Spice is very faint, I've already smell it and hate it, so I don't really need a sample, but thanks anyway!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    forget musc rav - it's foul!!!!

i think you should try Hermes Ambre Narguile. Not exactly vanilla, but warm, cinnamon with vanillic notes. It's also very long lasting. Personally i think it's the closest thing out there to match your request.
    I have Ambre Narguile and it's my all time fav scent! It's too pricey for me hence the search for a cheaper similar one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smellindope0087 View Post
    What you're looking for is EAU DES BAUX by L'Occitane! Cinnamon and vanilla with incense, it's just heavenly and long lasting not synthetic smelling at all and not only that it's priced quite cheap for the quality
    The incense is really strong on me which I hate, but smells great on other people tho, thanks!

Old spice was the first fragrance that came to my mind when you said cinnamon and vanilla