Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Possibility for january sale on niche perfume in London

Hi guys and gals

I'm going to London early in January, and Im wondering if I will be able to find niche perfumes with a discount at that time of year, or must brace myself and pay full price on everything awesome.

Already decided on Invasion barbare. I suspect a sale on other niches could persuade me to get more.

So - any hope for me?

Default Re: Possibility for january sale on niche perfume in London

I'd say the chances for Invasion Barbare being on sale are pretty slim.

Having said that, anything could happen in an after Christmas sale, so do shop around. I remember getting some niche at very good prices in the last sale

Basenotes Junkie

Hey Wilz, and thanks for your reply.

I wasn't really expecting any discount on fragrances such as Invasion Barbare. I was probably hoping for new-years discounts at other "pure" stores, I guess - like Amouage, for instance. Hehe.

I guess I just have to wait and see. Really looking forward to the trip though. Loads of fragrances I can't get my hands on in Norway.

Parfums de Nicolai have a sale in their London boutique sometime in January. It used to be 25% off everything, but last time it was 20% off certain fragrances.
    Les Senteurs does as well, I believe around the second week????

Of course the big department stores have sales, usually gift sets then too.
    DONNA

I visited the January sales in London a couple of years ago and got some real bargains. Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Harrods had some cracking discounts. Harrods was sheer hell though...!!!.....so busy!!!!!

I'll bet you'll find some sale offers in some of the niche shops too - you'll need to plan your shopping trip thoroughly, so you don't miss any out. L’Artisan Parfumeur have a shop in Covent Garden - there's a good chance that they'll have a January sale. Penhaligons and L'Occitane have numerous shops dotted around London.

Check out this link for an excellent, well researched guide:
    http://persolaise.blogspot.nl/2011/0...ing-guide.html

Persolaise deserves a pat on the back, and many thanks, for this!

Take some shoulder pads so that you can survive the crowds!

Good luck and have fun.

Basenotes Junkie

Thank you all for your feedback Appreciated.

I've pretty much covered L'Artisan, Penhaligons and L'Occitane, so fortunately I don't really need to visit them

I've noted Harrods, Les Senteurs, Amouage flagship-store, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason and Selfridges so far. What I'm after is the Dior Prive Line, possibly Amouage and Invasion Barbare. Everything else is a bonus, especially if it's on sale (which I doubt).

Any of those shops I could leave out if I'm pretty specific about what I want to see? I hope I will have time to visit them all, but I feel kind of bad for dragging my girlfriend around. She likes perfumes, just not as much as I do