Code of Conduct

Default cheap alternative fragrance for creed

i like creed fragrances but i don't want to spend that much big for just a fragrance. any fragrances that has a good as creed smell that you know?

Default Re: cheap alternative fragrance for creed

Many houses on par with or better with a better price point. Too many scents to name. Other posters who will follow with surely give you specific names.

Some interesting thoughts/suggestions in this thread on that topic: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/314...d-Alternatives

Sound Scents

As Hednic correctly stated, way too many to mention. Just like most other houses, Creed has some good releases and some not so good... They are hardly the be all, end all of the fragrance world. Just do a search and you will find literally thousands of alternatives.

My advice is look into some vintage designer releases for starters...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Millesime Imperial- You can try
    -Ed hardy Love and Luck
    -Unforgivable

You get a similar vibe, but MI is better overall.

Check the thread posted, they have more suggestions.

Unfortunately there are no good substitutes for Creed fragrances. They are 1 of a kind and absolutely original. They use nothing but the rarest, most precious synthetic essential oils. Not only that, but their longevity is practically unmatched. Very few fragrances can last for 4 hours and still demand a 3 digit price tag. Creeds truly are reserved for royalty, the Hollywood elite, and Kim Jong Un.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

try getting in on a creed split in the splits forum. you can get your favorite creed fragrance at a lower price point.

Cool Water is the Green Irish Tweed substitute, both are very similar
    The really spooky one is Mont Blanc Individuel which came out before Original Santal, and smells 99% identical.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Unfortunately there are no good substitutes for Creed fragrances. They are 1 of a kind and absolutely original. They use nothing but the rarest, most precious synthetic essential oils. Not only that, but their longevity is practically unmatched. Very few fragrances can last for 4 hours and still demand a 3 digit price tag. Creeds truly are reserved for royalty, the Hollywood elite, and Kim Jong Un.
    Kimmie likes it? I'm sold.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yet you own 9 bottles of Creed :O
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    I have (I think) 6 bottles but still found it very funny.

Post of the Day IMO

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    I never said I didn't like Creed fragrances now did I?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

NO!
    I never said I didn't like Creed fragrances now did I?

Indivudel (Mont Blanc) has been compared to Creed OS many times.

Various vintage designer scents often smell, not better, but equal to Creed or almost any niche to me, plus, being vintage, many of them are being sold under their actual value, given their quality.

Personally I don't see why Creed fragrances are so expensive compared to others. In a way I think you just pay for the name with Creed and I'm sure many fragrances would receive better reviews on Basenotes if they were made by Creed. eg: 1 Million, D&G Light Blue, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme 2008

I'm not saying Creed is bad it's just like Ferrari, everyone thinks it looks good because it's a Ferrari, if it said Tata on the front people wouldn't like it.

Nothing!

Agree with CW as GIT substitute although GIT seems to be the higher-quality fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinheaven View Post
    i like creed fragrances but i don't want to spend that much big for just a fragrance. any fragrances that has a good as creed smell that you know?
    You say "just a fragrance" ?! Well, then just try something else and move on.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Execuse me,maybe it is not place to mention to it but, how i can find Creed Aventus Fragrance Oil(Immitation)from credible site on internet?I am a immitation perfume seller and i need a better quality Creed Aventus essencial oil than manifacturer in Turkey.Because i don't know what creed aventus scent like and i need most similar essencial oil to original.

Are there any body to help me?

Thanks.

Price is definitely an issue with Creed.

Many people have mentioned that XS smells like Himalaya (many think it smells better actually), Cool Water is like Green Irish Tweed, and Unforgivable is like Milleseme Imperiale.

Royal English Leather - I'd use Pierre Cardin Cuir Fougere or Knize 10 as substitutes. REL is not a particularly complicated frag and quite frankly even good ol' English Leather I think is better.

For the others I have I can't think of a substitute for Bois du Portugal, Silver Mountain Water or Green Valley.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

XS and Himalaya are extremely similar to my nose (though you can easily tell them apart in a side by side test).

As one gets more experienced with fragrances, I look at a post I made here a dozen years ago that Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water were very similar - and wonder what was wrong with my nose back then, as they now smell nothing alike.

Original Santal I find very similar to Joop Homme from a distance, though not in a side by side comparison where Joop is much harsher.

Lots of people find the notes in Mugler's Cologne very similar to Original Vetiver - though I find Original Vetiver to be more masculine as opposed to the unisex feel of Mugler's Cologne..

Pirates of the Caribbean EDT reminds me somewhat of Millesime Imperial.
    Regards,
    Renato

Are you looking for fragrances that smell similar to specific creeds, or fragrances in general that smell good? There's lots of stuff that smells great that costs much less, but it's so subjective that you'll get many contradictory answers. Browse around a bit and see what people like. There are threads asking for all kinds of recommendations almost daily.
    Sample some stuff to let everyone know what you like specifically, and you'll get better tailored responses. "Smells like Creed" is far too general to get a good answer.

I'm not a huge fan of Creed nor Aventus (very wearable) but it's still the one fragrance that I seem to get a lot of compliments in the office. Even if it's two sprays from a decant the whole room will have a whiff and last a full day (8+ hours at the office).

well, the only two that come to my mind is Cool Water as counterpart to Green Irish Tweed, a common knowledge here, and to a certain degree Emporio Armani Him as a counterpart to Aventus.