Code of Conduct

Thread: blck tea scents

Default blck tea scents

i am looking for a nice black tea scent. i currently have bvlgari pour homme soir but it is more of a darjeeling sweet scent...i am looking for more of a dry straight unsweetened black tea scent.

any sugestions from the experts.

yes i like drinking tea

Default Re: blck tea scents

Bvlgari Black?

first let me tell you what not to get - jovan's 'sex appeal'... the one to get you need to knee in front - the lowest shelf in walmart. the most tea-ish scent i have tried - years ago i dared spray some on me in walmart... this stuff is potent and persistant... smells like you just had a cup of yogi tea and burbed... horrible... and how 'sex appealing' it is, is beyond mind
    bulgari series should be on spot, tea for two by l'artisan is very good but somewhat sweetened too. this is the one i recommend.

This is what you are looking for.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I recommend Comme des Garçon's Tea.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...eaves/Tea.html
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post

THAT.

Bvlgari Black is excellent too, and significantly cheaper, But GphII is absolutely superb.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Gucci Pour Homme II without a doubt!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Another vote for Gucci Pour Homme II. Go pick it up now before it becomes scarce. That fragrance is a masterpiece. It's hard to do better than that when it comes to tea-based scents.

Is GphII sweet? what notes do you really get out of it after 1 hour drydown

- - - Updated - - -

i just bought bvlgari PH soir and i enjoy the scent but find over time it might become a bit to sweet..not in a vanilla way (i HATE vanilla in fragrances)

i like the regular Bvlgari PH but sometimes it can feel a little raunchy.

Tribal Black Tea by Illuminum
    Rectoverso Man Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    Is GphII sweet? what notes do you really get out of it after 1 hour drydown
    It has a sweet but absolutely not cloying opening that I adore. From there, it becomes significantly less sweet. I think it's one of the best designer releases of the last 5 years. And it's amazingly versatile. It's the sort of scent you could wear to a wedding, or to a casual 1st date.

Also, the bottle would make a kickass weapon if ever you were to get robbed. You could easily knock someone out with it. The bottle is a beast.

Some have said they get poor longevity, which blows my mind. I easily get 12+ hours from GphII.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Try the Cumberland Ti by Liz Zorn. A strong scent of freshly-brewed tea.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Bulgari eau parfumee au the vert actually smells like light unsweetened black tea, not green.
    The above mentioned CDG Tea leaves smells like a strong lapsang souchong.
    And if you like your tea flavored with flowers, there's Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan.

cacio

Té Nero by Speziali Fiorentini. It smells of black tea with a squeeze of lemon, and that's all. It's fresh and natural smelling and the black tea note is vivid but the whole thing has a very short longevity. Té Nero is more of a body spray than a proper fragrance, but there are hot summer days when nothing else will do
    Last edited by furrypine; 13th November 2012 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    i am looking for a nice black tea scent. i currently have bvlgari pour homme soir but it is more of a darjeeling sweet scent...i am looking for more of a dry straight unsweetened black tea scent.

any sugestions from the experts.

yes i like drinking tea
    Never smelt a tea accord that actually smells like tea. I get no Darjeeling whatsoever from Bulgari Pour Homme Soir, just something approximating the idea of Darjeeling tea, or as Douglas Adams might have phrased it, almost exactly unlike tea.

Murdocks Black tea is a great tea scent!

It opens with a fresh soft spicyness with clove, basil and nutmeg and smells really good. This is followed by a really wonderful black tea note that makes the scent a bit refreshing. As time moves forward you get some leather mixing in with the masculine spice followed by a musky woodyness. The scent has arm length projection and starts to quiten down after four hours then becoming a skin scent by hour five which is not bad for a cologne as some EDT's have the same longevity.

The fragrance is of a high quality and the way the leather and spice mix together is good and I'm especially impressed with the strong black tea note which adds a extra dimension to the leather and spice. It is very masculine and a good modern barbershop cologne showing how the barbershop cologne has evolved compared to Trumpers

Gucci pour Homme II is definitely sweet, but it's a light and fresh sweetness, nothing cloying or sugary. The regular Bvlgari pour Homme is pretty great too.

I would suggest Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris EdP this is a tea based fragrance without a doubt. This is a 10/10 stars for me. Projection/Sillage and Longevity are all BEAST MODE!!!!

As others have mentioned Gucci Pour Homme II is great as well, I think I may actually get a bottle of this as it is being discontinued I believe. Also many complain about longevity, yet I easily got 8-10 hours from sample wearings. Projection isn't good, but I was getting whiffs of myself from sillage throughout the day!

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post

Hit the nail on the head. Subtly sweet black tea.

thanks guys i will be doing some research on all these

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Some have said they get poor longevity, which blows my mind. I easily get 12+ hours from GphII.
    I fall into this category. I love the scent but after 30-40 mins.....nothing. Like, totally gone. I've experienced what I thought was the same thing with Aventus, but I still had people commenting on it hours later. With the Gucci - it just disappears on me. Very sad about that.

Le Treizieme Heure (Cartier)

Gucci Pour Homme II and Bvlgari Black

i just bought a sample of CDG tea, an another sample of their Hinoki cedar from luckyscent...i think i want to buy $200 worth of samples alone