Code of Conduct

Default Looking for spices and honeyed tobacco....

I hope basenotes can help me with this one.....

Default Re: Looking for spices and honeyed tobacco....

SSS- Tabac Aurea.

Ambre Narguile

Nice honeyed tobacco fragrance: Back to Black by Kilian

Pure Havane

Tobacco Vanille. A little too heavy on the honey for my taste though.

Tobacco Vanille currently on splits board with KRON- recommended try

Back to Black and Tobacco Vanille are outstanding.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Try the new Volutes EdP from Diptyque.

Banned

Try:

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf - Upon application, one is treated to a somewhat refreshing, fruity and citric blend from the commingling of an orangey and peppery bergamot, the tangy bittersweetness of grapefruit and the mildly spicy fruitiness of pink pepper. And, an intriguing elemi showers the blend with its resinous and balsamic spiciness. Resultantly, an all-too-familiar, sweet, spicy, bubble-gum smell wafts to the waiting middle. Here, in the heart, the Bazooka-like opening is immersed in an enveloping stew of sweetly warm and earthy cinnamon, a pepperish paprika and a healthy dose of hay-like floral from saffron. A sweet, pipe tobacco undercurrent carries this inviting melange to the base. Here, the luxurious, cherry-almond, pipe tabacco comes into it own and interplays with the rich, green and smoky earthiness of vetiver. A faint background of a vanillic musk and leather present. A suave drydown ensues. This versatile and high-quality scent has good projection, with a 3-hour, scent cloud, and good longevity, 7-8- hours.

&

Trussardi Inside Man by Trussardi - One is initially treated to an invigorating wave of citrus. Yuzu, with its green, grapefruit-like character with mandarin nuances, commingles with bergamot, with its spicy, orangey element. Basil, with its leafy and somewhat minty greenness, showers the citric accord imparting its licorice-like sweetness. A nascent tabacco draws this refreshing opening to the awaiting middle. Here, tobacco leaves encase the herbal, citric blend and infuse their earthy, cigar-like aspect. A fresh, aromatic, coffee note interplays with the tobacco, while white pepper sprinkles its lively, woody and slightly fecal facets. Transitioning to the mellow base, teak suffuses the blend with its woody and leather aromaticity. And, a cashmere wood accord, with its sweet, vanillic, musky and cedarwood elements, shares the spotlight. An alluring drydown ensues. This manly fragrance is well-balanced, light and pleasant. It has average projection and longevity, 6-8-hours. And, given its inexpensive, price point, this versatile and elegant composition is, indeed, worthwile.

&

cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein - One is initially treated to a mildly fresh accord. Clementine, with its sweet orangey and faint floral facets, lavender with its clean, herbal character, as well as cucumber, with its medicinal, sea-like aspect, all commingle in a brisk concoction. A cloud of something, perhaps aldehydes or the cryptic, energy drink accent, imparts an effervescence to the invigorating blend. Transitioning to the heart, a field day with herbs is had. Leafy, black basil, with its licorice accent, vivacious and woody black pepper as well as mildly spicy and sweet cardamom encase the opening. A nascent tobacco serves as a backdrop to the herbal jubilation. Segueing to the base, the rich and spicy tobacco has come into full bloom, while an earthy mustiness of patchouli flitters about. A pleasant ambrene wood infuses its laurel-like, sweet and spicy, woody overtures. And, a casheran musk imparts its velvety, somewhat floral bouquet. An enjoyable drydown ensues. This versatile composition is an all-season scent with average projection and average longevity, 6-8 hours. Its favorable price point makes this fragrance even more welcomed.

&

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens - Upon application, one is treated to a comforting pipe tobacco accord from the spicy and slightly tarry Balkan tobacco coupled with tonka bean with its vanillic earthiness, and white honey with its mildly sweet facet tinged with urine. A flavorful date and rum raisin currant pervades and enhances the pleasantness of the tobacco. A whisper of sensuous jasmine flitters about. Transitioning to the awaiting middle, a wonderful smokehouse accord and smoked leather envelop the inviting opening. Vanilla infuses the brew with its lightly woody and caramel aspects. And a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet marries deligthsome beeswax acquiring its ambery, honeyed and sweet hay character, and makes itself known. This luxurious heart segues to the waiting base. Here, in the rousing base, the syrupy sweetness of styrax commingles with the woody freshness of juniper berries, the peppery mustiness of patchouli as well as the subtly sour and urinal nuances of Peru balsam. An intriguing drydown ensues. This fascinating composition has minimal projection, remaining a skin scent and fostering its use in close quarters; however, its longevity is very good. This captivating, masculine scent is very layered and complex, and should be held in high regard in one's wardrobe.

Yep Fumerie Turque is pretty awesome

chergui?

Sound Scents

+1 Back to Black by By Kilian
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Santa Maria Novella Acqua Di Cuba

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Bois de Gayac by Antonio Visconti maybe.

Also the simple Tabac Original (1959) by Maurer&Wirtz

+1 TV
    +1 Back To Black

Spicebomb and/or Ambre Narguile might be the what you're looking for. I don't get any honey in Tobacco Vanille, but it's hella nice and worth a look. Pure Havane also might be worth a look, but I don't get much if any spice from it.

Field Notes From Paris..Ineke.

Notes: Coriander seed, Orange flower, Bergamot
    Tobacco Flower and leaf, Patchouli, Cedar,
    Tonka bean, Leather, Beeswax, Vanilla
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Back to Black by By Kilian

Blog Entries

Designer fragrances:
    +1 A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler
    +1 Spicebomb by Viktor&Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Back to Black and Tobacco Vanille are outstanding.
    This a million times over. I lust after Back to Black. TV feels like a weaker version of BtB (on me), but there's obviously more of a tobacco vibe with that one......I like BtB more because it has less of the tobacco.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Sounds to me like Back to Black satisfies the criteria you have in mind very well. But I also agree that Fumerie Turque is worth checking out.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Have you tried Chanel Allure Homme (not sport)? Rich and warm, there's no tobacco listed, but I get the impression of sweet, honeyed (or possibly brandied) tobacco and mellow pepper.

Pure Havane

One of my personal favorites.

Pure Havane of course

Spices: Noir Epices by Frederic Malle, Caravelle Epicee by Frapin
    Honeyed Tobacco: Back to Black by Kilian, Chergui

Nicole Miller for men

It may lack the spices, but to me it smells like honey spilled in a leather sofa, read my review.
    And it is very inexpensive.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!