Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Definitive Hermès Un Jardin comparison thread

With 4 gardens, it is tough to choose between them. Let's describe the similarities and differences between these.
    I posted this in the feminine fragrance forum even though they are classified unisex because I have a feeling there is a greater percentage of women to have tried these than men.

I have these listed in what I consider most commercially accepted as feminine to masculine. I think these all shine in sunlight and warm weather relative to cooler days.

Un Jardin sur le Nil: citrus version. Grapefruit punch in the face

Un Jardin sur le Toit: sweet fruits and light floral

Un Jardin apres la Mousson: some fruit with earth

Un Jardin en Mediterranee: more earth with spices and herbs.

I will leave it to those more experienced to go into details about each. This is just my general overview.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 11th November 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: changed title (will show on future posts)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Definitive Un Jardin comparison thread

The only one I own is Toit. Now I am not big on fruit fragrances so that could be the reason.

I get crisp apple, which disappears quickly and I am left with a rose/violet fragrance. I have no idea why I get violets but I do and others also tell me I smell like violets???????

I was given a sample last year and fell in love with it. The others just did nothing for me.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP: please edit the title to include the word Hermes, so that the Search option works better in the future as there are more than one company utilizing the word "garden" in their fragrances.

Un Jardin sur le Nil: I love it, it has both citrus and aromatic components, that green mango note was brilliant, also enough sweetness and lightness to make it an ideal hot-weather fragrance, plus it lasts quite a bit. Safe blind buy.

Un Jardin sur le Toit: did nothing on this skin besides pushing out the synthetic aspects of overly sweet pear juice, also lasts.

Un Jardin apres la Mousson: that ozonic freshness sometimes reads as watermelons going bad right there in the dirt. Good thing is that the duration is minimal.

Un Jardin en Mediterranee: sublime woody figgy note, more on the masculine side, I love it on a man's skin and can't do it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    To the OP: please edit the title to include the word Hermes, so that the Search option works better in the future as there are more than one company utilizing the word "garden" in their fragrances.

Un Jardin sur le Nil: I love it, it has both citrus and aromatic components, that green mango note was brilliant, also enough sweetness and lightness to make it an ideal hot-weather fragrance, plus it lasts quite a bit. Safe blind buy.

Un Jardin sur le Toit: did nothing on this skin besides pushing out the synthetic aspects of overly sweet pear juice, also lasts.

Un Jardin apres la Mousson: that ozonic freshness sometimes reads as watermelons going bad right there in the dirt. Good thing is that the duration is minimal.

Un Jardin en Mediterranee: sublime woody figgy note, more on the masculine side, I love it on a man's skin and can't do it myself.
    What she said !!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to find out how to edit the thread name..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Definitive Hermès Un Jardin comparison thread

Un Jardin sur le Nil: This is the fragrance I've been complimented on more than any other. There's a bright, sour mango note at the very top that is just stunning. The first time I smelled it, I thought for a second "Oh my, this must be a mistake." About a second later, I just thought "Wow, this is fantastic!" I bought it soon thereafter. Excellent for warm weather.

Un Jardin sur le Toit: This is my second favorite of the Hermes Jardin series. The top is sweet, crisp citrus, and from there the scent develops into a very pleasant light floral. I was amazed at how long this lasted. This and Sur le Nil are the two most similar scents in the series, IMO, but Sur le Toit doesn't quite have the wow factor that Sur le Nil has.

Un Jardin apres la Mousson: Far and away my least favorite of the four. To my nose, the melon note that others have described is like a muskmelon that is way overripe. Honestly, I find it sickly sweet and almost nauseating. I loved the ad campaign, and I'm a big fan of Ellena's work in general, so I bought a bottle. But I could never come around to liking it.

Un Jardin en Mediterranee: A much more substantial, earthy scent, quite unlike the other Jardins in that regard. A very pleasant spicy fig fragrance. I think it's fair to say that this is the most masculine of the series.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Default Re: Definitive Hermès Un Jardin comparison thread

Un Jardin Sur le Nil - A pleasant green and citrus scent, unfortunately with a slight soapy tone on me.

Un Jardin en Mediterranee - I love its dry fig tree/leaves scent. What ruined it for me was the melone: when applying a larger dose (hoping to extend its longevity) it becomes the dominant accord, overwhelming the gorgeous fig tree. Had JCE left the melone out, it would have been my favourite.