Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday, 11th November 2012

Good afternoon all!

Today Poland celebrates the Independence Day.

I'm in A Lab on Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret

Default Re: SotD Sunday, 11th November 2012

..Bonjour Mesdames! Enjoy your Sunday!
    For Men, vintage

Morning All,

Slowly recovering from a night of drinks and hi jinx (and a terrifying bar bill!). Would highly recommend the Booking Office bar in Kings Cross if you're ever in London and fancy sipping gin cocktails in Art Deco inspired surrounds.

No.5 today.

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday.

An over-application of Field Notes From Paris..I'll know to not be so sprayer happy next time. It's way cloying!

Tooooooooooo early for you, kalli? With that many sprays?

Amouage Epic Women.

Good afternoon, all.

Gandhajala: sounds great and I love Deco but I live in SW, so I'm no where near Kings Cross, unfortunately.

SOTD is Songes by Annick Goutal.

Going for a leisurely walk in Kensington Garden.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

frederic_leighton_1_flaming_june.jpg
    Do happy

Hello all. L'Artisan Patchouli(original 1979).
    DONNA

Sepia by Aftelier today
    A challenging golden blend of strawberry, oud, cocoa, coffee, mushrooms and deep sticky resins - with a bang of indolic jasmine.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Caron Farnesiana. Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sounds right up my street G! Lovely.

Happy Independance Day Lucasai!

Well, today I am privileged to be trying the rare Jean Patou Lasso. Furrypine offerred the most generous giveaway after securing a bottle, and he kindly sent me some.

It is very lovely. I'm not into vintage fragrance for the sake of it, and many I find too dense and complex, but this is wonderful, a floral leather. A treat indeed.

Good morning everyone, so I'm going to try to get back into things here. I'm sorry I've been really busy and sick on and off so I haven't been able to be on as much as I should be. I'm wearing Robert Piguet's Fracas today to my first day working as a Cashier at Kmart not the most glamorous of Jobs but it's a start.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Glad to see you back, BB! You are incorrect about your new job being not glamorous -- any job is as glamorous as WE MAKE it! Congratulations and good luck.

Sounds right up my street G! Lovely.

Happy Independance Day Lucasai!

Well, today I am privileged to be trying the rare Jean Patou Lasso. Furrypine offerred the most generous giveaway after securing a bottle, and he kindly sent me some.

It is very lovely. I'm not into vintage fragrance for the sake of it, and many I find too dense and complex, but this is wonderful, a floral leather. A treat indeed.

BB, congrats on that job. I've heard of massive lay-offs all over the place so good to hear someone actually got hired somewhere. Hugs to everyone..though, I may be a little cloying now! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauxbatons13 View Post
    Good morning everyone, so I'm going to try to get back into things here. I'm sorry I've been really busy and sick on and off so I haven't been able to be on as much as I should be. I'm wearing Robert Piguet's Fracas today to my first day working as a Cashier at Kmart not the most glamorous of Jobs but it's a start.
    Hiya! Nice to see you. Good luck with the new job.

Blog Entries

We're going to take my mom for a drive to Mystic today and a nice meal out. She wants to see the drawbridge in the older section of town. It looks to be a nice day-- a high of about 60º is predicted.

SotD is Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

Vetyver by Carlo Corinto

Sotd is Sa majeste la rose. Good luck with your new job BeauxBatons

Happy Independence Day, Lucas!

Joining G. in No.5 today, current EDP. Off to brunch with my SIL and niece (who also happens to be my little BFF) and then back to work on this old house. Don't know if there's an end in sight with this re-model some days!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good for you Beauxbatons13! I agree with Twolf...bring your own glamor into work and put your best foot forward.

SotD: I'm just now trying a combination of two comfort fragrances, applied to my left wrist: 2 dabs of Prada by Prada EDP (2004) + 1 spray of Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta EDP. Oh, this is beautiful! Can't wait to see how it develops and dries down.

Have a great Sunday all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Aramis this morning. Fits this beautiful day like a soft, well-worn flannel shirt.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Feminite du Bois for me today. (Shiseido)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Vintage Calèche today after the Chantilly love fest last night.

Love to everybody. ♥

Happy Veterans Day to all our Vets! ♥

Happy Independence Day, Lucasai! God Bless Poland!

Aedes de Venustas (2012).
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Diesel Zero Plus.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Sunday, 11th November 2012

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

I'm in Mille de Patou, and it's playing beautifully with the fragrance of real tea olives starting to bloom all over the French Quarter. Y'all have a wonderful day!

Lucas - Happy Independence Day! Hooray for Poland!

And Happy Veterans Day, USA!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Dior Midnight Poison, this afternoon.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Ortigia Siclcia Ambre Nera
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Evening All,

Jicky extrait this evening.

Best to everyone.

Good afternoon good smelling people.

Congratulations on the job, Beauxbatons13. A job is a good thing to have, glamour is not as nice as a paycheck.

I was doing my unglamourous side job today selling hair clips at local farmer's market. Wearing Prowl by Neil Morris.

Yes, congrats to Beauxbatons on the job! I concur on all of the glamour related comments-- and I'll bet Kmart has never had such a pretty and fabulously fragranced cashier, so you already made it glamorous, baby!

Evangeline, Patou and sweet olive wafting together sounds like ***heaven*** mmmm...

I'm achy and icky with a cold today. Fumerie Turque for something cozy. At least I can still smell!!! That's what matters, right?

Feel better CN, hugs.

Must De Cartier..after taking extra advantage of that free coffee at church.

Banned

Good evening peeps, i am a bit late to the game

YOU ALL smell lovely this Sunday.....

I was wearing Vanilia, this is my favourite weekend scent, and testing too many :-)

First time ever tried Tom Ford on skin it was Amber absolute, very beautiful amber, not like Amber fetiche from Annick G. Which is so bitter dry, this one is resinous smoky vanillic and classy, for women

Then exclusive Guerlain Coquine, its sweet chocolate boozy scent,gourmand, that reminds me of some summer tanning creams although doesn't smell cheap at all, or banal, in the dry down becomes more like Cuir Beluga

And finished all with green spicy, herbaceous Bazaar from Profumo.it, as counterbalance to the sweetness of the day, Bazaar is a nice composition, with some incense and something fresh green, complex spices that are not too sweet, nor strong, the overall feel is like the one i get from yatagan! But more sweet and naturally dense

Wow, CN, you are wearing my hubby's holy grail! And incidentally I am in another creation from Maestro Serge tonight - Cedre. How is Fumerie treating you? It wasn't very kind to me at all . I do hope it will make you feel better.

Evangeline - thank you so much for remembering veterans today. Mr. WF sure appreciates it .

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Wow, CN, you are wearing my hubby's holy grail! And incidentally I am in another creation from Maestro Serge tonight - Cedre. How is Fumerie treating you? It wasn't very kind to me at all . I do hope it will make you feel better.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts Kalli and WF!

Fumerie Turque was delicious and comfy today! I stole a few sprays of from bf's bottle. It is funny how manly it smells on him, but it is soft and wonderful and perfectly feminine on me... I think!!!

Hugs to our people in Greece: this new castrated budget (pardon my French) will do it hard on most of you.

Molinard Nirmala.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Finishing a great day in La Nuit de L'Homme
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello dear BNers -- I hope Sunday has treated you well. Been feeling contemplative on this Veterans' Day...counting my blessings and working on how to get past the challenges. 2012 has been an odd year, it seems.

For an afternoon of shopping with a dear friend, I wore TF Neroli Portofino. Such a nice fragrance, but it is long gone...will probably settle into something beautiful and comforting...