Code of Conduct

Question How Similar Is Havana to Havana ?

Sorry if this question has been asked already.
    I am so confused with all these reformulations. When they reintroduced this did they just change the bottle, or the fragrance too ?
    ......and how does it fare for the others reintroduced from this house ?
    Thanks.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: How Similar Is Havana to Havana ?

Edit....Doh! Ignore me. I read "Havana" and saw "Habanita" and posted a complete load of tosh. Soreeee.

I've only tried the new one but it seems consistent with frags of circa 1990. My guess is that the base notes are not quite as strong.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Sorry if this question has been asked already.
    I am so confused with all these reformulations. When they reintroduced this did they just change the bottle, or the fragrance too ?
    ......and how does it fare for the others reintroduced from this house ?
    Thanks.
    I own both versions and I find Aramis has done a great job of keeping it well intact. It still is plenty strong. Compared to the re-released versions from the house I think it fared the best. JHL is my favorite scent from Aramis, but in the case of that one, the vintage juice is superior, IMO (even though the re-release is still very nice).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I have owned over a dozen bottles of both the original and Reserve, so I am well familiar with the fragrance. When I first purchased the new version it smelled exactly the same. I just smelled one of my old bottles and one of the new version about two years old. The old one smelled exactly as I have always remembered it- potent and rich in its boozy tobacco aroma. The new one had the same notes but is noticeably weaker.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    I have owned over a dozen bottles of both the original and Reserve, so I am well familiar with the fragrance. When I first purchased the new version it smelled exactly the same. I just smelled one of my old bottles and one of the new version about two years old. The old one smelled exactly as I have always remembered it- potent and rich in its boozy tobacco aroma. The new one had the same notes but is noticeably weaker.
    Interesting. So perhaps the current version of Havana does not age as well as the older ( blue bottle) of Havana ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Interesting. So perhaps the current version of Havana does not age as well as the older ( blue bottle) of Havana ?
    ...or the new version does not have the same quality ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    ...or the new version does not have the same quality ingredients.
    I would imagine it is this, Stuigi. Appreciate you reporting the differences as well.

Y'know, its just a shame. I never want to get to hung up in fragrances I don't totally love, but I do respect the Aramis line. I was also exploring more old school masculines and Tuscany has seemed to peak my interest ( I tested and like it, now just need to take it for a SotD spin). Tuscany has never been a "strong" fragrance per-se, so this has me more worried ( to me, it is more of a refined Azzaro pour Homme.....but that is just me).

I'm not impressed. I don't know if Aramis/their parent company realize they are just diminishing the reputation of their fragrances. Customers will realize this. We always think it is only the hardcore and so called "Basenoters" who figure these things out, but no.....people who love a fragrance will know.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !