Code of Conduct

Default Scent for Christmas; I love Burberry Touch, D&G The One - will I like Burberry London?

I'm on the search for a scent for the Christmas period. Burberry London appears to have excellent reviews (133 positives on Basenotes). However I've been to the usual perfume shops and they don't appear to have stock. So if I do buy it I'll be buying without smelling it first. So just after some advice.

I love Touch and D&G The One - do you think I'll like London?

Default Re: Scent for Christmas; I love Burberry Touch, D&G The One - will I like Burberry London?

Hard to say from those choices. It's a nice scent for sure, and I own a large bottle of it (it will probably last me a lifetime). I do think it's Christmas friendly, but I'm not sure it'd be my SOTD for that. If you haven't smelled it, I'm not so sure it's a safe blind buy since it has some notes that are pretty strong and polarizing.

Default Re: Scent for Christmas; I love Burberry Touch, D&G The One - will I like Burberry London?

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Hard to say from those choices. It's a nice scent for sure, and I own a large bottle of it (it will probably last me a lifetime). I do think it's Christmas friendly, but I'm not sure it'd be my SOTD for that. If you haven't smelled it, I'm not so sure it's a safe blind buy since it has some notes that are pretty strong and polarizing.
    i agree, i was gifted a bottle and at first i didn't like it because of the opening spice notes. Although now i was grown to love it. Order a sample first is my advice.

Definitely try it out first.

I don't know about the men's Burberry's, but the women's Burberrys (and I love them, every one) turns "mens aquatic" on me. My friend told me "You smell like AXE!" when I sampled Burberry Touch Women. And I KNOW It doesn't smell like that in the bottle. Or on the card. But something about my skin chemistry just makes it so when I wear it. And it's a shame because I wanted so badly to love that one. (I do have an actual sample vial coming though, so I might learn to love it yet!)

I noticed the same effect with London, it turned VERY masculine on me! I liked Burberry Weekend though, it didn't turn on me.

IMO Yes. Go for it.

Burberry London is a fragrance that has Christmas indelibly inked on the back of the bottle, hold a black light to it and you can see it. I think you will like it.

You should also give Boss Bottled a try!

Thanks for the replies. I'm still mulling over it however I've just come across site which has it at a very good price which may make my decision slightly easier

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Burberry London is a fragrance that has Christmas indelibly inked on the back of the bottle, hold a black light to it and you can see it. I think you will like it.

You should also give Boss Bottled a try!
    Boss Bottled has been on my radar for a very long time - I've just never got around to buying it however at 44.99 GBP for 200ml bottle + a free weekend bag, it seems a no brainer! - http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/pr...ray-11732.aspx

I think that you will like Burberry London.

Another scent that kind of reminds me of Christmas is Aventus, with its smokey, pine tree smell. Also, I've only tested this once, but that new HM HiM seems like a nice, warm fall fragrance.

I think there's a good chance you'll like it at least a little. The good news is, if you don't, it's commonly like here on BN & elsewhere & you probably wouldn't have a hard time selling or swapping it.

Burberry London is the definition of a Christmas fragrance. Will you like it? It's hard to tell, since it does not smell like The One (Which I LOVE), nor Touch. Essentially..it smells like spicy pine.

Most likely, yes, there is so much about this scent to be liked. Besides, I could hardly imagine a scent better suited for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Burberry London is the definition of a Christmas fragrance.
    True that!
    If you like tobacco and some leather with caramel sweetness, it is amazing. On my 2nd full bottle and considering another in case they discontinue it in march/2013.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Definitely try it out first.

I don't know about the men's Burberry's, but the women's Burberrys (and I love them, every one) turns "mens aquatic" on me.
    Don't worry, BL for Him is nothing like any of the women's scents.

I went to one last shop which I thought may have it but they did not stock it either... so..... I went for it anyway! Ordered it online. I'll report back later!

First time I've ever purchased without smelling first but I just knew it would be extremely difficult to find somewhere to smell it and it's not one I could just overlook. I just know it would have always been on the back of my mind.