Code of Conduct

Default What is that note in creed SMW?

So i tried creed SMW and wasnt that impressed with the initia blast but 30 minutes later fell in love.Theres a pronounced note in the mid and base that i really love. My uncle and cousin always used to smell like this, i think it was the detergent they used but im not sure but it was the most clean fresh smell.This is what this smells like to me, does anyone know what im smelling? thanks so much for any help!

Default Re: What is that note in creed SMW?

Green tea, perhaps?

oh that may be it! could that be linked to a fresh laundry detergent smell though ?

I personally dont get anything "detergenty" in SMW, and allegedly its also one of the few Creeds like Original Santal that you can rely on were there are no justifactions for complaints of batch variations.

I personally get a soft, and very musky black fruit/floral smell that sits quite close to the skin.

I Hated it so much I laughed when i first tried it, now i appreciate its uniquness and subtletly.

Not my favourite Creed but soemthing that is simple and intriguing. I think its quite mysterious...

Like i said it might not of been detergent but my uncle always smelled like it so i just assumed! maybe it was hs fragrance

I bought al rehab silver to see but this doesnt really have that note im looking for it stays the same from start to Finish, just ordered 4 oz SMW

Well, here are the notes:

Top Notes

• Bergamot, Mandarin

Middle Notes

• Green tea, Blackcurrant

Base Notes

• Galbanum, Musk, Sandalwood, Petitgrain

Not sure what in here would smell like detergent of any kind. Just kind of a combination of fresh, fruity notes with a musky base.

thanks, ill have to ask my uncle thought i sont see him much anymore, thanks for the replies, this cologne is out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Falco4758 View Post
    this cologne is out of this world
    Yep, ive been coming around to thinking that way gradually.

Basic in design but sometimes the best things in life are. Ones thing for sure, once youve smelt SMW on someone, you no its SMW. Its a very individual and personal fragrance... And its not always easy to come across something that leaves an impression.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post

Basic in design but sometimes the best things in life are. Ones thing for sure, once youve smelt SMW on someone, you no its SMW. Its a very individual and personal fragrance... And its not always easy to come across something that leaves an impression.
    Yes, this is a very distinct scent. It's one you can always spot right away, once you've experienced it.

Blog Entries

This is true. I find SMW to be unique, different from everything else I've smelled.

I knew my mother was wearing SMW from the carded sample I gave her a few weeks ago. She likes it a lot, and was surprised I was able to detect and name it correctly because she told me it's been hours since her first application. It smells great on her, and now, I'm considering buying her a bottle for her birthday.

I personally dont get anything "detergenty" in SMW
    Nor do I.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Well, here are the notes:

Top Notes

• Bergamot, Mandarin

Middle Notes

• Green tea, Blackcurrant

Base Notes

• Galbanum, Musk, Sandalwood, Petitgrain

Not sure what in here would smell like detergent of any kind. Just kind of a combination of fresh, fruity notes with a musky base.
    Well, the musk could remind someone of detergent, but I don't pick that note up when I wear SMW.

I would say it's probably a mix of notes but it's centered around the green tea. Most likely, the combination of green tea, and the citrus notes, petitgrain, and mandarin.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)