Code of Conduct

Thread: EDT or EDP

Default EDT or EDP

Why do you prefer EDP over EDT,is it only because of the longevity and projection factor?????

Default Re: EDT or EDP

I generally prefer EDP, even though my collection is made up mostly of EDT, since EDP is not easy to obtain for all fragrances. But apart from longevity, the EDP version of almost any given EDT fragrance seems (in my opinion) a bit more complex, as the higher concentration has more time, more intensity and more additional notes to develop.

It's not so as a rule to me, I like some scents in EDT concentration. As EDTs have somewhat better projection and sillage than EDPs.
    It depends on the scent....
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Quote Originally Posted by SCENTMASTER "OG" View Post
    Why do you prefer EDP over EDT,is it only because of the longevity and projection factor?????
    Yes and yes, Nevertheless, I still purchase EDTs.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Mostly an EDP version will be different in composition to the EDT. Generally I would prefer EDP because the tend to stay closer to the skin and last longer. But really it depends on the scent.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Depends on what's available, and also on the scent itself. In some cases, the EDT and EDP are very different fragrances. Chanel No 5 is one example, as is Guerlain Insolence.

All depends on the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    All depends on the fragrance.
    Yep! The only one, that I forgot to mention before that I prefere in Edt form then EDP by a hair is TdH Edt concentration
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

It really does depend on the fragrance... because an Eau de Parfum will sit very close to the skin sometimes but will stay longer than an Eau de Toilette, whereas the latter will project more but finish earlier. Having said that, I usually like Eau de Parfum's because they can generally (but not always) be a little richer or deeper in smell than an Eau de Toilette. On the other hand they are usually much more linear, but sometimes I like the richer smell.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Yep! The only one, that I forgot to mention before that I prefere in Edt form then EDP by a hair is TdH Edt concentration
    Fully agree, although in this case the two frags are different compositions based on the same notes with the EDT being more airy and the EDP more earthy.