Code of Conduct

Thread: pinaud clubman.

Default pinaud clubman.

the best fragrance one can buy for $6. i'm astounded by how cheap and nice it is. anyone else a fan?

i'm gonna buy the Special Reserve as well----to satisfy the leather seeking monster inside of me.

Default Re: pinaud clubman.

Well, I do like Clubman and it is so inexpensive. But, I'm careful when I wear it. It has an unmistakable "I've just been to the barbershop" vibe in US, and some can consider it to smell "cheap." I sure wouldn't wear it on a date. I do use the talc everyday.

Special Reserve is a hidden jewel IMO. Doesn't have the same stigma as Clubman, and it's a nicer leather scent than most would believe.

I would like to try it, but it seems unobtainable in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Well, I do like Clubman and it is so inexpensive. But, I'm careful when I wear it. It has an unmistakable "I've just been to the barbershop" vibe in US, and some can consider it to smell "cheap." I sure wouldn't wear it on a date. I do use the talc everyday.
    Another reason to be careful is that it's got more presence than some EdTs. +1 on the talc. I'm surprised it isn't mentioned more often as a "reference" lavender.

Quote Originally Posted by Hob Dobson View Post
    Another reason to be careful is that it's got more presence than some EdTs. +1 on the talc. I'm surprised it isn't mentioned more often as a "reference" lavender.
    It DOES project for sure. Last time I wore, I got a lot shyt from my boss. (I've found over time, he reacts poorly to oakmoss).

The line of products are barbershop classics.

Cheap and enjoyable. Even the stypic pencil is a warhorse.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by antinote View Post
    the best fragrance one can buy for $6.
    Can't argue with the price.

Speaking of Pinaud, I just decanted some Virgin Island Bay Rum.. love the smell so much, I put it into a sprayer. I wish they made this in an EDT concentration. Fantastic stuff.

I'm a fan of Clubman. I have the original Clubman, Special Reserve, Vanilla, and Virgin Island Wat..I mean, Bay Rum. I also have the talc, stypic pencil, and hair gel. I had Lilac Vegetal but it smelled like pee pee mixed with dead flowers and drenched in more pee pee. Clubman aftershave projects like it means business and lasts a loooong time. Reminds me heavily of the barbershop I went to as a kid.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned
    Blog Entries

Clubman is a great scent. I'm a big fan. But it's definitely very strong, and easy to overdo. This one won't die down after five minutes like most aftershaves. It stays big for a while. Special Reserve is also nice, a very competent leather, overlooked and underrated by far too many people. I always thought it was a shame that neither of the two scents made it into The Guide. Luca Turin needs to address Pinaud.

Other greats in the same style are Skin Bracer by Mennen and Brut. I'm also getting a little more into Old Spice, although it's an oriental, not a fresh fougere.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/'

makes me nauseous if overdone.

My Son will be 31 years old soon.....And He Loves this stuff.....I like it but do not have this.....I must agree.....Smells great and cost very little.....
    Welcome to Basenotes Antinote!!!
    Gary

Its great. Special Reserve is even better.

I like Pinaud Clubman but right now I am digging Master's Topaz much more than Clubman. I also like Pinaud Bayrum alot.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a shame the Bay Rum was taken off shelves here in Connecticut. It used to be available at Walgreens, along with Lilac Vegetal. Now they only sell the original aftershave lotion.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    It's a shame the Bay Rum was taken off shelves here in Connecticut. It used to be available at Walgreens, along with Lilac Vegetal. Now they only sell the original aftershave lotion.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/
    Here too. Luckily they had two bottles left I bought both for $4 out the door

Another Clubman fan here. Apply with caution - this stuff is STRONG. Smells totally obnoxious if overdone.

I like Clubman Special Reserve better though. Like others have said, it's a straight-up great leather frag, and smells like it costs ten times more.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

A fan here. The talc is as good as the after shave, I am amazed as to its longevity, the dry down won't project as much but it lasts a long deal. It deserves getting into the trouble of getting it imported.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Another Clubman fan here. Apply with caution - this stuff is STRONG. Smells totally obnoxious if overdone.

I like Clubman Special Reserve better though. Like others have said, it's a straight-up great leather frag, and smells like it costs ten times more.
    Shamu1! Haven't seen a post form you for awhile. Good to see you.

I use the talc at my barber shop, that's about it...smells good, but I don't think I could wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Speaking of Pinaud, I just decanted some Virgin Island Bay Rum.. love the smell so much, I put it into a sprayer. I wish they made this in an EDT concentration. Fantastic stuff.
    I did the same thing.

I ordered a bottle of Pinaud Clubman from the U.S. as it seems it's not available in EU at all. Someone recommended it here a long time ago. It's really a barbershop like fragrance, I like it.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)