Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Santos De Cartier..to Ebay or not to Ebay..that is the question..

I have never been burned by ebay...never bought much from there either. I have been looking for original Santos De Cartier cologne. I have sampled the newer ones and it just does not smell the same. Is there anywhere one goes...some special cologne old ye magic shoppe I don't know about to find things...it is not expensive on ebay...unlike Gucci Nobile which is outrageous...just don't like ebay. Suggestions on where to find this stuff?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vintage Santos De Cartier..to Ebay or not to Ebay..that is the question..

You can maybe able to find a decant on the Crystal Flacon. Just Google it, it's a forum of people that sell samples and decants of frags, but the largest decant is going to be 10ml which is decent size.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: Vintage Santos De Cartier..to Ebay or not to Ebay..that is the question..

Appreciate the reply...I am a member of the Crystal Flacon....no luck over there yet.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Ebay is a great place. I've bought over 50 bottles there all "items as described".

If i were after this stuff, i would buy here
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sant...item3f1ebc383e
    Last edited by df91; 12th November 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

That is used..only 1/4 bottle....shipping is almost $18 from Dubai....if I go Ebay it will be NIB and from the US...much less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Ebay is a great place. I've bought over 50 bottles there all "items as described".

If i were after this stuff, i would buy here
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sant...item3f1ebc383e

Ok, but if you buy a used bottle, you more likely get the right stuff. And one can tell from that picture (vs. some stock photo) that it's vintage.

update: here is a vintage from U.S. and nib full bottle (as i write this the seller has 1 left, 13 sold)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Santos-de-CA...item3ccc1b148d

This Santos Vintage is imo a wonderful fragrance. For some reason i don't like Concentree version but do like this a lot.
    Last edited by df91; 12th November 2012 at 09:43 PM.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

If that's your only option and you're willing to accept the risks....