Code of Conduct

Default Your favorite top notes, and the frags that are the reason you love 'em

For me, there are two:

--- Violet Leaf, in Gucci Pour Homme II and Fahrenheit... and...

--- Whatever the top note in Aventus is! It's listed as pineapple, but the more I wear it, the less it really smells like pineapple to me. Regardless, it smells fruity and fresh without being sharp, candy-sweet or typically citric, and I adore it.

Your favorite top notes & favorite frags they're in?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Dependent

Default Re: Your favorite top notes, and the frags that are the reason you love 'em

I think of violet leaf as a heart note . . . lasts a good 45 minutes plus. Love that stuff.

I love wormwood/artemisia (which can also last tens of minutes) . . . Yatagan is the greatest example I know of.

Bergamot is gorgeous in Eau de Guerlain and many, many, many other great frags

I really love lemon too. People think of it as a simple sour smell but great quality lemon peel oil has a very sophisticated depth with green and herbal facets. Jicky has an amazing lemon accord.

So many more . . . I love herbs, leaves, and citrus. Lime leaf . . . Rosemary . . . these are all smells that I do not associate with frags actually, since I owned many "top note" essential oils before ever buying a bottle of commercial juice.

Default Re: Your favorite top notes, and the frags that are the reason you love 'em

You're probably right about the violet. I get ridiculously good longevity from GphII compared to most people. Easily 14 hours. Probably more like 18. But the violet leaf quickly disappears.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 12th November 2012 at 07:21 AM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Apple - Lacoste PH and Boss Bottled.
    I tend to enjoy any fragrance with an apple or ginger note...for whatever reason.

Millesime Imperial - Lush melon on a seabreeze.
    Jardin 'd Amalfi - Incredible opening with beautiful citrus that leads to a gorgeous rose & neroli.
    Lumiere Noire Pour Homme - Rose, Artemisia and Patchouli opening is ethereal as it is lovely. It's not like you are smelling a rose up close but smelling a rose mixed in with something sexy on the breeze.

I like all citrus and other fruit top notes and all fragrances that have them.

Just like Hednic - but then again I do agree often, close to most or all of the time, with his fragrance tastes - it's citrus for me. Or almost any citrus-herbal-chypre openings, mainly thanks to some of the classics of the genre I truly enjoy: Armani Eau pour Homme, YSL pour Homme- and the flanker, Chanel pour Monsieur, Eau Sauvage, Versace l'Homme, several ADP, some Hugh Parsons and La Martina citrus variations, Loewe para Hombre, several citrus-based Hermes scents and more along these lines.

Artemisia hands down.

Examples:

Sashka Black M. Micallef
    Yatagan Caron
    UdV Ulric de Varens
    Quorum Puig
    Drakkar Noir G. Laroche
    Krizia Uomo
    Tsar and pour Homme VC&A
    Witness and One Man Show J. Bogart
    Sung Homme
    Lapidus p Homme
    Bowling Green G. Beene
    and many many more.

As a rule, if the perfume has Artemisia, I like it (except Le Male of course)
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 12th November 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

The Iris in DHI!

Tobacco!

Burberry London FH
    Tobacco Vanille
    Baldessarini

Rose from Lyric Man,Rose 31 ,Iquitos-not really a top note here and I also like the top notes from Rocabar by Hermes and Heritage by Guerlain

Creed MI, SV and FV, Hermes Eau dOV, Gucci PH II - uniquely beautiful top notes!