Code of Conduct

Default Women for L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore!

Many L'Artisan scents are unisex, but I have sampled Traversee du Bosphore and loved it.

The site states "pour lui" ("for him") so it is a men's scent, but how many women also enjoy this?

From the site: "This vision opens with apples, tulips and just a hint of spices. The creamy iris is worked in contrast with a tobacco note. A delicate waft of rose and pistachio recalls the suave aroma of Turkish delight. Then an unexpected burst of warm and animalic leather, that scorches the air around the tanneries, takes us as the musk embraces us."

Bois de Jasmin had a nice review of it.

http://boisdejasmin.com/2010/11/lart...me-review.html

http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop...e-1019178.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Women for L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore!

Primrose, I LOVE TdB. and find it totally unisex. It's the only L'Artisan I actually own, because it lasts more than a minute on me.

There's a velvet fogginess to the opening, morphing into a brighter heart which works incredibly well in my coastal climate.

100% Yummy on my skin.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I have a small bottle - 1/2 ounce holiday mini. I think it's totally unisex, more feminine if anything. It's basically a very sweet gourmand - fruity Turkish delight with a hint of mango or something. I don't get any leather or tobacco. It does last for ages. Like Knit, L'Artisans typically don't last on me at all, but this one has serious longevity.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does the site really say pour lui?!!!!
    I firmly believe it to be one of the most feminine scents of my wardrobe, with its red lipstick vibe! I love it deeply, anyway!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Love it and wear it. Unisex as far as I'm concerned, although like rubegon I would put it more on the feminine side. I get the iris, leather and a bit of fruity rose, but no tobacco. Doesn't bother me if it's marketed as a man's scent, it's staying in my rotation.

I wanted to like it, sounds so interesting and yummy - but unfortunately it makes me feel sick! SO sickly sweet. Definitely seems to be on the feminine side to me.

I've got a sample of this and Mure et Musc Extreme going on the Free to a Good Home thread if anyone's interested (UK only), just PM me if you'd like to try

Traversee du Bosphore was my huge crush during the summer of 2011 ... It's slightly gourmand on a light leather base. I love the hint of apple-tinged tobacco. I sometimes get a beautiful saffron note, but not always. I think it is totally unisex, but probably tilts a bit toward the feminine side ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have tried Traversee du Bosphore and thought at first it was not a man's fragrance at all, but I feel it it a perfectly unisex fragrance that is truly lovely.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Beautiful scent, but I would classify it as more feminine than masculine... love the sweet turkish delight smell to it.

I really like it too. Iris/Leather/Saffron/Turkish Delight/Vanilla. Sounds gourmand but not really. Androgynous I would have thought.

I have a 5ml decant of TdB, and, like others, it's the only L'Artisan I have, in part because it's the only one that lasts more than 30 seconds.

I really enjoy TdB -- it presents on me as a predominantly warm leather fragrance, shot through with sweet apples and a bit of smoke. I wear it a lot in the summer and autumn. I think anyone who likes it, whether man or woman, should wear it, marketing be darned.

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    Does the site really say pour lui?!!!!
    I firmly believe it to be one of the most feminine scents of my wardrobe, with its red lipstick vibe! I love it deeply, anyway!
    Yes, it says "pour lui" on the link in the original post. I am loving TdB now and think it is a great winter scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Yes, it says "pour lui" on the link in the original post. I am loving TdB now and think it is a great winter scent.
    It's great and enveloping in cold weather, but you should try it also in hot weather, it's very light and airy, not a bit oppressive!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I love this perfume, perfectly gourmand - turkish delight to me! I find this to be a very femminine fragrance.

I cannot see it being masculine or feminine. Its really gender free.

for swap/sale:

turkish delight. on a moonlit night. i totally thought this was a chick frag. and i am usually gender anosmic!

Did not like it at the initial testing: sticky sweet mess with cobwebs. Waited to post here -- had to retry -- same impression. And then again: you can have all the baklava you have ever wanted, it is not to my enjoyment. None of them Middle-Eastern gourmand-themed fragrances of 2000s works on this skin and I do not mind sweetness in general. I would like more structure and more development. More substance, if you would.