Code of Conduct

Talking Help required from the experts!

Hi!
    I was hoping someone on here with some more experience than me might be able to help? I am looking for a new perfume for Christmas (for myself!!) but I'm quite fussy.....however, I have recently tried 2 perfumes that I really like and they seem to last:

Emporio Armani Diamonds
    Dolce & Gabanna Pour Femme

Do you know of any other perfumes that may be similar to these in their 'make-up'/ingredients that I could try as well? If not, do you know what is the best way for me to go about researching this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help required from the experts!

Welcome Cherry Blossom. I don't know what either of those smell like, so can't suggest any for you, but if you look those fragrances up in the search box, you should be able to discover the listed notes. Armed with those, you can use the fragrance directory search, choose the advanced option, and enter your list of notes, the results wil be a list of perfumes that contain your specified notes.

There are some knowledgeable folks who will suggest some similar fragrances for you, i'm certain

You should try Nina Ricci perfumes like Nina and Love in paris. Miss Dior Cherie is also very nice.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

Wink Re: Help required from the experts!

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    Welcome Cherry Blossom. I don't know what either of those smell like, so can't suggest any for you, but if you look those fragrances up in the search box, you should be able to discover the listed notes. Armed with those, you can use the fragrance directory search, choose the advanced option, and enter your list of notes, the results wil be a list of perfumes that contain your specified notes.

There are some knowledgeable folks who will suggest some similar fragrances for you, i'm certain
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you - I will try the perfumes you suggest - really helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you - I will try the perfumes you suggest - really helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Markx View Post
    You should try Nina Ricci perfumes like Nina and Love in paris. Miss Dior Cherie is also very nice.

Maybe Paco Rabanne Black XS...

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Maybe Paco Rabanne Black XS...
    Sorry Frosticy, I think she is looking for feminine frags.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    There is a feminine version...

To the OP; l am not familiar with either of the perfumes you mention either, but welcome to basenotes, & l hope you get more suggestions!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    Yes as teardrop stated there is a feminine version.

I think Black XS for Women may be comparable to Armani Diamonds for women, as Armani Diamonds for Men and Black XS for men give off the same fruity chocolate vibe to my nose at least.

Hytnotic Poison.