Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Sexy Night Time / Intimate date Scent Suggestions?

So i'm looking to get a bottle that will work well for sexy night time /intimate dates, for those times when she gets close and the sexy scent helps with the rest if you know what i mean =)

I've narrowed it down to these couple:

Dior Bois D'Argent, MDCI Ambre Topkapi, By Kilian Back to Black.

I've only smelled the Ambre topkapi, which is funny because initially i thought it was just ok and I had gotten a sample of it by accident/mixup, then I had a female friend smell it and she was like you have to get this, it's the kinda scent that tells the girls to take their clothes off, lol. I'm gonna get a second opinion on it from another friend, but in the meanwhile have you guys had any experience with these other ones? What would you recommend? And if you have any other suggestions that'd be awesome too (i'm looking for something more niche / unique too) Thanks!

Default Re: Sexy Night Time / Intimate date Scent Suggestions?

Of the three - Dior Bois D'Argent

Of the three, I've only tried Back to Black. While I ADORE that scent...to me, it's VERY sexy...it's also VERY strong. It's the kind of scent I might wear for a date with my wife, knowing that by the time we were closer at the end of the evening, BtB would have calmed significantly. Otherwise, we'd suffocate...albeit in a cloud of dark, sexy honey
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Basenotes Plus

ah, doe after like an hour does back to black dry down to more of as skin scent if say i just do 1 spray? or does it still project like a monster? How does cruel intentions from by kilian compare?

Currently, BtB is the only kilian frag I've tried. As for BtB, I can only speak for myself. On me, it's a beast. Example: One day, I showered at 5 pm. At 6 pm, I sprayed BtB once on each wrist. At 6 am, I sprayed that day's scent on each wrist and went to work. By 5 pm, as I was getting ready to shower, that day's scent was gone...yet I could still pick up a hint of BtB's honey. So...if I only sprayed once, it would still take well over an hour to calm.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

cruel intentions has a very nice drydown. top notes were a little too rosy for me.

Of those three, I'd say BtB for sure, but as others have mentioned, go very light on the application.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info guys. i had a chance to try out both the Back to black and cruel intentions.

The black to black at first was wayy overwhelming and stunk of honey for an hour, with just one spray. After the second hour it actually smell pretty nice though. I hear the smell kinda changes over time as you keep applying it. Teach did you experience the same? was it just different to you or does it change altogther for other people too? the siliage for me was intresting. it was really really strong, like pungent and projects like a monster for the first hour, then afterwards it quickly disappates, but at like the 2-3 hr mark it actualyl smelled really nice for an hour or so before fading out. I want to try to spray more than once so that it lasts longer but i'm afraid im going to pass out within that first hour, lol. But overall i think you guys are right though, I feel like i can only wear this with a girl i already know well, but never like on the initial dates. (tooo strong, haha.)

Im trying out the cruel intentions but so far it smells too much like a buddhist temple with roses, i'm hoping it gets better with the drydown...

So far The ambre topkapi is the safest one, it smells decently nice to me, just nothing really special. I will hopefully get to check out the bois d'argent tomorrow, and i'll report my findings here =P. In the meanwhile, is there anything else i should be keeping an eye out for? (based on the sexy night time / intimate date / maybe seductive scent criteria) I'm going to scent bar again tomorrow and hopefully find something awesome =)

I think different people have very different reactions to honey as a note in perfumes. Also, BtB has extremely good longevity. I suspect that if you stop smelling it, that's because of olfactory fatigue.

Cruel Intentions is a very nice scent--one of my favorites from the Kilian line--but it doesn't strike me as especially "sexy."
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

A lot of people talk about a honey...then baby powder...then vanilla with BtB. I have never really smelled vanilla. For me...it opens with sweet, dark honey...switches to baby powder a few hours in, but only briefly...then returns to the honey. It was a scent (honey) that I didn't think I would like, but LOVE here.

Basenotes Plus

Alright quick update. I went smelled the bois d'argent and absolutely LOVED it. ended up buying the big 8.4 oz bottle. As for the back to black it was interesting i found out today that there's actually a solids version which is like a cream/wax application, so its much more subtle and doesn't have the unbaringly strong top note in the beginning, instead its just like a very controlled long midnote, which is very cool. it's also pretty cheap! ($95). But the only thing is that it comes in a little compact with a mirror so that is like super girly for my tastes....I will have to hide it somewhere if i buy it, or transfer it to something more manly, lol.

Side note though, ive asked for some second opinions from girls and it was kinda disappointing, most of them weren't too impressed with either BtB or Bois D'Argent. They though they were just ok =T. One girl said that they both smelled like baby powder (but that might just be me. girls have said i smell like baby powder without any cologne....), and another said that both smelled kinda like incense.. =( . Regardless though, they all said the bois d'argent was decent and wasn't off putting at all, while the BtB they they was a little bit too much. (although the response for the solid was much better than the regular spray)

Anyhow. Thanks for all the input guys! I may return to this and post some additional feedbacks on the bois d'argent / Back to black / Ambre Topkapi in the next few days. (i have 3 dates next week and I intend to try a different one on each =)

Tom Fords Noir de Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Tom Fords Noir de Noir.

Not a bad call. I like how sweet it is, but nowhere near as sweet as BtB. The first few times I wore it, I didn't care for the rose scent that seemed to last the longest on me. I just didn't enjoy smelling like a rose all day (was test-driving it at school). However...the other day, I tried it again and actually really enjoyed the rose. The sweetness of the opening stay with the rose a little longer that time, and the blend was awesome. Also...while my wife likes BtB, she LOVES NdN.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the awesome tips! I just checked out tomford's noir de noir and i liked it MUUUCH better than the back to black. I also found tabacco vanille which i thought was phenomenal! Although, which of these two is a better intimate nighttime date scent? (say if you're going out to a nice italian joint and maybe her or your place after?)

LIDGE or Musc Ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    Thanks for the awesome tips! I just checked out tomford's noir de noir and i liked it MUUUCH better than the back to black. I also found tabacco vanille which i thought was phenomenal! Although, which of these two is a better intimate nighttime date scent? (say if you're going out to a nice italian joint and maybe her or your place after?)

At the moment, I like TV better than NdN...but I could see how that might change over time. I'll probably own both at some point. For what you're looking for, though, I'd suggest NdN. I see TV being a little thicker and heavier. NdN a little softer and more suited for being close. Plus...at least with my wife...she's crazy for NdN. She likes TV, but LOVES NdN.