Code of Conduct

Default Cheapsmells and Creeds

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with getting Creeds from www.cheapsmells.com? Is it legit? There are some really good specials/prices atm and before I go spending 100 on a bottle I'd rather know if people feel it is legit or not.

Default Re: Cheapsmells and Creeds

I got my Millesime Imperial from them about 6 months ago and compared it to the nearly empty bottle I got from another source and also compared it to a tester in Harvey Nics. I was very happy with it and their service.

I ordered a 120ml GIT (totally legit) from these guys and in my opinion they are one of the best retailers on the web. The only thing is i wish they had a bigger collection of creeds.

sorry to drag up an old thread but are they old bottles they send out? I want to purchase a bottle of GIT but obviously want a decent one.

???????
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    2. Tom Ford Costa Azzurra
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

Hi All - Newbie here. I actually found the site when searching for 'Creed Fragrances on Cheapsmells' as I wanted to know if their stock was old and hence the cheap price. I emailed them and asked them and they gave me the code for 2 fragrances. Creed Original Vetiver ‘EMB77477A’ lot: A4011V01
    And Creed Royal Water ‘EMB77477A’ LOT: AG02S07

So the Royal Water if I'm correct is from 2007.

I also am bidding on some ebay Creed fragrances that (after asking the seller for the numbers) are 2010 batches. Is there any issue with buying a 2010 fragrance, I'm assuming it would still be fine?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I also am bidding on some ebay Creed fragrances that (after asking the seller for the numbers) are 2010 batches. Is there any issue with buying a 2010 fragrance, I'm assuming it would still be fine?

Many thanks
    Hi mate, it really does depend on which fragrance it is, but there's a lot of talk around here that suggests that a lot of 'bad' batches were released in 2010. I definitely know of the Aventus and Millesime Imperial apparently not being very well made that year, but it really does depend on which you're going for. It might be worth doing a search on the fragrances you're looking at on this site, to see if there's any batch variation.

In short, if it's 2010 Aventus, I would say avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    Hi mate, it really does depend on which fragrance it is, but there's a lot of talk around here that suggests that a lot of 'bad' batches were released in 2010. I definitely know of the Aventus and Millesime Imperial apparently not being very well made that year, but it really does depend on which you're going for. It might be worth doing a search on the fragrances you're looking at on this site, to see if there's any batch variation.

In short, if it's 2010 Aventus, I would say avoid.
    Thanks mate, one is Royal Water, the other is Himalayas. I may steer clear to be safe

Thanks mate, one is Royal Water, the other is Himalayas. I may steer clear to be safe
    I may have over-stated it a bit, I've had a scout around and it seems to mainly be Aventus and Millesime Imperial that people had problems with around 2010. Not heard about issues with the two you're looking at.

I may have over-stated it a bit, I've had a scout around and it seems to mainly be Aventus and Millesime Imperial that people had problems with around 2010. Not heard about issues with the two you're looking at.
    OK thanks mate

To be really honest, I think there were some reports that Green Irish Tweed and Virgin Island Water batches from 2010 were also a bit dodgy. There's huge talk of this in the Men's fragrance forum under this thread (although you may have to search a bit to find exact posts).

Default ADVICE PLEASE - cheapsmells.com

Does anyone have experience of purchasing from this site please? Creed GIT 104.95 75mls seems cheap?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: ADVICE PLEASE - cheapsmells.com

I did a pound to dollar conversion and this is a much better deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Green-...item23240aecb5

It's from fragrancenet.com so it's legit.

edit: Crap, I just realized they only ship to the US through eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    Does anyone have experience of purchasing from this site please? Creed GIT 104.95 75mls seems cheap?
    Email Cheapsmells and ask for the GIT batch number. I enquired about a batch of Royal Water and it was a 2007 Batch. I also enquired about a batch of Original Vetiver and it was a 2011 batch and was 99.95. I bought it and it was perfect!

Email Cheapsmells and ask for the GIT batch number. I enquired about a batch of Royal Water and it was a 2007 Batch. I also enquired about a batch of Original Vetiver and it was a 2011 batch and was 99.95. I bought it and it was perfect!
    Thanks Once I have batch number how do I trace year?

The second set of digits in the batch number will indicate year, as an example A42B12CO2 from an Aventus bottle, the year is indicated by "B12" meaning 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    The second set of digits in the batch number will indicate year, as an example A42B12CO2 from an Aventus bottle, the year is indicated by "B12" meaning 2012.
    Super, thank you

Basenotes Member

Sent an email about lot no. of Millesime Imperial and I got C3311X01. Anyone tried this batch before?

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    Sent an email about lot no. of Millesime Imperial and I got C3311X01. Anyone tried this batch before?
    I'm guessing that's for the 75ml size rather than the 120ml? Either way would like to know the answer to this too...

Is that a good batch #