Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1

    Question Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I have been waiting to order fron The Perfumed Court for a couple of days, and the website still says they are temporarily closed.

    Anyone know when they will open again? Or should I just take a chance and order from Surrender to Chance?

  2. #2
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    728
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Don't worry. They will re-open sooner than you think. It seems to me that they are making order in their inventory - after the change - and possibly give their website a new look ?

    We will soon see. In the last e-mail newsletter the business was as usual, plus a lowering of the shipping charge.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  3. #3
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    They shut their site down for awhile because they have gotten so far behind in their orders and can't keep up after their company blew up by two leaving. They aren't even responding to emails for several days.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Junkie BurgundyMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    744

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    What a mess! I've heard that the "Surrender to Chance" site has "issues" as well but I don't know what they are. Never ordered anything from either but have contemplated it from time to time.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    No one knows for sure. They say there's a secret entrance behind a wardrobe if you click your red slippers together and tap on the bricks behind the Leaky Cauldron with your wand. But a magical place it is. This is my idea of humor and I totally recognize how unfunny this is. Sorry, I'm tired.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,770

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    The Perfumed Court was never a place. It was an online vendor comprised of three women in three different locations. They decant fragrances from their own "stock" and resell it.

    Two of the original three now have nothing to do with The Perfumed Court but are their own new venture "Surrender to Chance".

    No affiliation.

    http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...-perfumed.html
    Last edited by RHM; 29th April 2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added link
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

  7. #7
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    728
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I have no affiliation, but I think that it is sound business thinking to shut the place - until everything and everybody is ready. And then, to re-open with a place that can deliver what it advertises on the website. A new look may also be a good idea, to show that the separation is permanent between the previous partners.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    87,019

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    I have no affiliation, but I think that it is sound business thinking to shut the place - until everything and everybody is ready.
    This makes sense.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Junkie BurgundyMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    744

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This makes sense.
    Yes, they may need to do some re-branding. Too bad the break-up couldn't have been more professional and less public. It gave me second thoughts about buying any decants from anybody.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Oh dear. I placed an order the day before the site went down. I hope this doesn't mean it will be too terribly long before my order comes!

    And I was so hoping it would get here in time for graduation.

  11. #11
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQuill157 View Post
    Oh dear. I placed an order the day before the site went down. I hope this doesn't mean it will be too terribly long before my order comes!

    And I was so hoping it would get here in time for graduation.
    It took mine two weeks to arrive and that was with lots of complaining and ignored emails.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    No one knows for sure. They say there's a secret entrance behind a wardrobe if you click your red slippers together and tap on the bricks behind the Leaky Cauldron with your wand. But a magical place it is. This is my idea of humor and I totally recognize how unfunny this is. Sorry, I'm tired.
    LEAKY cauldron! *slaps forehead*
    Now I know where I've been going wrong, I've been over by the CREAKY cauldron...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I placed an order a few days ago after receiving the email with the new shipping rates. I ordered a whole bunch of summer fragrances that i wanted to try out, but now it has been a week since I placed my order and I have't heard anything. Will shoot them an email on tuesday and charge back, if I don't hear anything by monday.

  14. #14
    Basenotes Member CivetLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    27

    Thumbs down Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I placed an order & paid for it on April 9th & I still haven't received it!

    My order said on TPC site that it was shipped on April 16, but the post office tracker did not show that USPS really had it....I smell a Rat!!
    If it was shipped then it would have arrived some time ago.

    Then Friday I received a small credit back on my card with no email or acknowledgment by TPC....!
    Now the site is down & I can't even email a nasty gram about it....

    This sux..
    Seriously Addicted to Animalics, Chypres and Vintage Pure Parfums!

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I just checked my account, I made the order on 4/24 and my payment posted on 4/26. I don't know if this means it will be shipped soon or what. I understand that she is having to make adjustments with the loss of two partners and she probably should have stopped taking orders quite a bit sooner, but she shouldn't shut down the entire site. I don't like the fact that I can't check my order and I have no way of contacting her. This is my first order with The Perfumed Court and it's already not turning out well. I'm willing to be patient because I am aware of her hardships, but I do have my limits...

  16. #16
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    You might try using this address to contact them....

    tpc.customerservice@gmail.com

    Be sure and put your order number on any correspondence.

    I ordered from them a little over 2 weeks ago and they charged my card immediately but never processed the order. They sent a tracking number after I complained about a week after my order, but they never actually mailed the package. When I checked the tracking number, it was blank for nearly a week. All I can recommend is to keep contacting them. They know they are in terrible shape and they apologize profusely. They are simply way behind on their orders. You'll eventually get it, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkipMcCoy View Post
    I placed an order a few days ago after receiving the email with the new shipping rates. I ordered a whole bunch of summer fragrances that i wanted to try out, but now it has been a week since I placed my order and I have't heard anything. Will shoot them an email on tuesday and charge back, if I don't hear anything by monday.
    got a USPS tracking number for my order today

  18. #18
    Basenotes Member CivetLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQuill157 View Post
    I just checked my account, I made the order on 4/24 and my payment posted on 4/26. I don't know if this means it will be shipped soon or what. I understand that she is having to make adjustments with the loss of two partners and she probably should have stopped taking orders quite a bit sooner, but she shouldn't shut down the entire site. I don't like the fact that I can't check my order and I have no way of contacting her. This is my first order with The Perfumed Court and it's already not turning out well. I'm willing to be patient because I am aware of her hardships, but I do have my limits...
    It finally arrived (my package)...but it was clear to me they are issuing tracking #s & not sending it out until a week or 2 later (and adding a few xtra stamps I might add, LOL!). I hope they catch up & get their business in order, but be aware that it appears they may not be totally honest about when things are shipped.
    Seriously Addicted to Animalics, Chypres and Vintage Pure Parfums!

  19. #19
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    728
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Based on past good performance, I am convinced that TPC does everything possible, and as fast as humanly possible, to clean up the mess and be in good standing - as they were before that break-up.

    As soon as I have saved some money, I will give them my business again.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  20. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by CivetLady View Post
    It finally arrived (my package)...but it was clear to me they are issuing tracking #s & not sending it out until a week or 2 later (and adding a few xtra stamps I might add, LOL!). I hope they catch up & get their business in order, but be aware that it appears they may not be totally honest about when things are shipped.
    On the website, it showed as "Shipped" yesterday, but I just got my tracking number today. I got all excited til I read this post It's a shame she's being a bit dishonest about this... I'd rather her be upfront about it so I'm not expecting it for forever lol.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkipMcCoy View Post
    got a USPS tracking number for my order today
    and obv it has yet to be actually shipped. I'll shoot them an email on monday asking for an update
    Last edited by SkipMcCoy; 4th May 2012 at 12:01 AM.

  22. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkipMcCoy View Post
    and obv it has yet to be actually shipped. I'll shoot them an email on monday asking for an update
    I hope yours is shipped soon. I hadn't expected to find mine shipped for a while but I got a pleasant surprise this morning when I checked the tracking number and saw it was in Atlanta!

  23. #23

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Oh dear..... I ordered almost two weeks ago and they charged my credit card but I have heard nothing. Now I am nervous!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    well my order is shipped and should arrive today or tomorrow. I think you will get your order shipped as well. Shoot them an email in a couple of days, if u are yet to hear from them.

  25. #25
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Just a comparison. I ordered from both The Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance last night within minutes of each other. Both companies charged my credit card within hours.

    Surrender to Chance processed and had my order in the mail in less than 8 hours. I received immediate verification of my order from The Perfumed Court but they have sent no follow-up correspondence since I placed the order and it has been nearly 24 hours. Prior to the break-up, the service I received from TPC was what I experienced from STC.

    With that being said, I have used TPC several times and have always gotten good service. I fully expect they will get their problems worked out and things will get back to normal.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 10th May 2012 at 05:21 AM.

  26. #26
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,286

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Based on past good performance, I am convinced that TPC does everything possible, and as fast as humanly possible, to clean up the mess and be in good standing - as they were before that break-up.

    As soon as I have saved some money, I will give them my business again.
    There is no "mess". Just gossip and drama via annonymous web forum posters. Its not like they came here to air out dirty laundry.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Fahrenheit Absolute, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  27. #27

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Made an order with TPC a few days ago. Regardless of what's been happening recently, I still have faith...

  28. #28
    Basenotes Junkie BurgundyMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    744

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    There is no "mess". Just gossip and drama via annonymous web forum posters. Its not like they came here to air out dirty laundry.
    Well, they did actually. Or at least "Surrender to Chance" did by emailing the Perfumed Court customer list about their new site. Very unprofessional and this set off all the gossip so they have only themselves to blame. Otherwise, no one would have known they had split up.

  29. #29
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,286

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    Well, they did actually. Or at least "Surrender to Chance" did by emailing the Perfumed Court customer list about their new site. Very unprofessional and this set off all the gossip so they have only themselves to blame. Otherwise, no one would have known they had split up.

    No, that does not mean they started the gossip or came here to air out dirty laundry.

    Emailing former clientelle is a good way to get some business. How do you expect them to function ? They did not bad mouth the TPC or force anyone to order from STC. Nothing unprofessional. People were going to find out about the company split anyways. I think that is fairly obvsious. And then they would do what bored adults do : gossip and exagerate.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Fahrenheit Absolute, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  30. #30

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I've been dealing with TPC for several years. They ARE reliable. Just be patient folks; they're going through a rough transition. I expect things will return to normal soon.
    "It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent"

  31. #31
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I think they are already better. I placed an order recently and they went from 2 weeks to fill it to 10 days.

    They still don't have very good communication, however. And they charge your credit card as soon as you place the order, even though it doesn't go out for 7 to 10 days later.

  32. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I'm still waiting on part of an order I placed in March...No communication from them after I asked either. On the other hand Surrender to Chance has been prompt in delivering my samples and always communicated. Just telling my experience. I was a long time customer at TPC

  33. #33

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I placed an order with The Perfumed Court at the beginning of this month, about 3 weeks ago. They have not communicated in any way about my purchase, nor replied to any of my inquiries about it. That is of course, other than the fact that they charged my credit card right away.


    I find it quite ridiculous to be honest, sure they may be backed up but who are they kidding? This isn't Amazon, I'm not about to believe they are getting several hundred orders per day to the point where after all this time they still can't catch up, at least on simple email inquiries.


    I am patient with shipping times (to a point) but if they are going to charge my credit card, then I at least expect some kind of correspondence, anything at all. As I said it has been weeks and absolutely nothing.

    Many people have faith in them catching up because of their previous experience, myself I am almost to the point of given up. This will be the first time in years of general online purchasing of ever being ripped off! Not impressed!

    I did email Surrender to Chance the other day, told them of my problems and concerns. They emailed me back within a few hours. When I get over my current losses I will most definitely be taking my business to them.

  34. #34
    Basenotes Junkie BurgundyMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    744

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    No, that does not mean they started the gossip or came here to air out dirty laundry.

    Emailing former clientelle is a good way to get some business. How do you expect them to function ? They did not bad mouth the TPC or force anyone to order from STC. Nothing unprofessional. People were going to find out about the company split anyways. I think that is fairly obvsious. And then they would do what bored adults do : gossip and exagerate.
    Stealing your partners' or another business's email list to boost your own sales is NOT being professional. It is being sleazy. Sure, this sort of thing happens all the time but it is not considered good business practice and people frequently get sued in the process. If my email was in the Perfumed Court database, I would have been outraged. Are they "borrowing" customer credit card numbers as well? How could you trust these people with any personal information after this? What happens the next time a partner goes off in a huff?

  35. #35
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    728
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    As the staff of The Perfumed Court are working hard to clean up, my sympathy is with THEM.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  36. #36

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    I placed an order with TPC a couple of weeks ago and everything went smoothly. I'd still order from them in the foreseeable future.

  37. #37

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    EDIT: I thought since I have been ranting in here it would only be fair to let it be known that today I finally received confirmation of shipping. Still no replies to my emails but if it has been shipped then those are unimportant now. I still think they should probably put a hold on all purchases until they catch up considering just how far behind they seem to be.
    Last edited by UrbanCoyote; 28th May 2012 at 05:47 AM.

  38. #38
    Delicious Scent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Jesus Christ, are these going to take a month to arrive? I ordered over a week ago on both Surrender To Chance, and TPC, and they are still only "processing". Pain in the ass sites to deal with so far

  39. #39
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola,Florida
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Where is The Perfumed Court?

    Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    No one knows for sure. They say there's a secret entrance behind a wardrobe if you click your red slippers together and tap on the bricks behind the Leaky Cauldron with your wand. But a magical place it is. This is my idea of humor and I totally recognize how unfunny this is. Sorry, I'm tired.
    I thought it was pretty funny...but then again...I'm tired as well

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Jesus Christ, are these going to take a month to arrive? I ordered over a week ago on both Surrender To Chance, and TPC, and they are still only "processing". Pain in the ass sites to deal with so far
    I've been waiting for three weeks and I can't tell if they shipped my order because their freakin site is down. Hmmm they did not send me an email confirmation so it's probably still "processing."

Similar Threads

  1. The Perfumed Court
    By david in forum Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides
    Replies: 708
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 04:36 AM
  2. What's up at The Perfumed Court?
    By Silleur in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 14th April 2012, 03:22 AM
  3. Why I like The Perfumed Court
    By out of smoke in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 27th January 2012, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000