Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperiale from BeautyEncounter? Absolutely no watermelon.

I tested this fragrance earlier at the Creed Boutique last week and I absolutely fell in love. The top notes were heavenly and the watermelon lasted on me for quite some time. So I decided this frag was a necessity and bought it a discounter despite hearing of some horror stories--I did not hear any horror stories of BE. I got the frag today nervous it wouldn't be that perfect smell I tested. My nerves were right =/. I get absolutely no watermelon, the notes are straight salt and musk, maybe a little marine. The liquid is somewhat green. Legit smells like straight curry of some sort. Has this happened to anyone of this particular fragrance?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Millesime Imperiale from BeautyEncounter? Absolutely no watermelon.

probably fake

Return it asap and I'm sorry you got a duff bottle which is always the risk with discounted frags online.

Never bought from BE but I have received a bad bottle of MI and it smells exactly like you described, waste no time. Contact BE and request a return lable and send it back.

I ordered a bottle of MI from Fragrancenet and luckily received the best smelling batch of MI I've ever come across. Amazing melon top note that carries throughout the middle and basenotes and the longevity is cray!
    Last edited by 1280adam; 16th August 2012 at 12:55 AM.

I've bought alot of retail samples from Beauty Encounter, as well as 3 bottles of M7 Fresh, Molinard Double Fraicheur, and a few others. They all were fine. All my discount creeds though have come from FragranceNet.

I bought my New Harrlem at BE and it smells legit. I was thinking of buying GIT there but now I have to think twice.

MI seems to be the riskiest Creed when buying from online discounters. After buying two bottles like the one you described, I finally gave up and bought a bottle from an authorized dealer at full price.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I've bought alot of retail samples from Beauty Encounter, as well as 3 bottles of M7 Fresh, Molinard Double Fraicheur, and a few others. They all were fine. All my discount creeds though have come from FragranceNet.
    I've bought several perfumes from BE [through Amazon] and never got anything even remotely suspicious, so Im surprised. I would definitely email them and tell them the bottle went off and see what they say.

I'd better add, I've never bought Creed from them.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    probably fake
    Beauty Encounter does not sell fakes. Millesime Imperiale is notorious for batch variation. Really is pathetic of Creed - but that's another issue. Also if it's an older bottle the melon notes will be gone and it will segway right to that salty, marine accord. Just return it (check the batch number first so you have some leverage. I bought a bottle of Bois du Portugal that was ten years old from them and they tried charging me a restocking fee. When I siad I would go on Basenotes and ask others what they thought they very quickly refunded the full amount.

I doubt it's fake, but just a bad grey-market value. Good luck returning.

Hey guys, thank you for the responses. I do not think it is fake but I am definitely questioning the legitimacy of it being a new bottle. I didn't mention this in the original post but when I first took the cap off the sprayer actually came off with it. I had to reattach the sprayer before I could actually spray. And when I did initiate the first spray, it came out without any resistance. Usually new bottles must be hit a few times before they actually get a full spray, right?

I will definitely be contacting BE tomorrow. The product is way too sketchy to accept and in my opinion is somewhat defected. Thank you for the responses.

The trigger was primed, that means someone returned it. Could have been mine, haha.

What is the lot #??

lot# is a sticker on the side saying A331C08 which I thought was a pretty good batch
    Last edited by sp333; 16th August 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Sorry bout your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Beauty Encounter does not sell fakes. Millesime Imperiale is notorious for batch variation. Really is pathetic of Creed - but that's another issue.
    Yeah, I understand batch variations, but to the degree that Millesime Imperial, Aventus, and other creeds suffer from them is too extreme. I've had bottles of Millesime Imperial that were like rich EDP's, others like weak EDT's, some dsalty, some overly fruity with no salt. Some with tons of lemon & green mandarin topnotes, others with just melon and salt and almost no real citrus oils. It's maddening.

But yes, for sure beauty encounter does not sell fakes. It's just a bad batch from creed.

Never had a problem with Beauty Encounter. I'd just send it back if you're not happy.

Could be the batch, I've found that the good batches of MI always seem to have darker juice for some reason. My bottle is A3211N01 and I get excellent longevity with a lush watermelon note at the top. Other batches I've tried smelt basiclally like salt (A3211x02) for example.

Quote Originally Posted by sp333 View Post
    lot# is a sticker on the side saying A331C08 which I thought was a pretty good batch
    Just a few observations:

1. That's not a correct lot number, I think. You're missing in all likelihood either a zero or a one before the C. That should tell you whether it's a 2010 or a 2011. I don't think there are any 2012s being sold at discounters, but could be wrong.

2. I personally don't buy from Beauty Encounter because many of its Creeds, including a MI I bought, have erased lot numbers. I won't buy a Creed without knowing when it was made.

3. Having said that, Beauty Encounter is not known for selling fakes, and I'm not aware of any reports that it does. I wouldn't worry about that.

4. I believe this topic has been addressed before, but a primed sprayer is not necessarily indicative of a previously returned bottle.

5. If you don't like it, return it. MI is the Creed with the most pronounced batch variations. I wouldn't be surprised if BE stuck you with a return/restocking fee, but that's the price you pay with buying Creeds without sniffing the batch first. I do, and unfortunately have spent a lot of money on restocking fees over time. It's still way cheaper than full price buying. But that's my decision.

Sorry about your MI. I've been there.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Really don't like BeautyEncounter...I've questioned their stock before, not the legitimacy but the age and how it was stored.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Really don't like BeautyEncounter...I've questioned their stock before, not the legitimacy but the age and how it was stored.
    Yeah, from what I've been reading on Basenotes, it's not really an online store I would do business with; no matter how good the price. From grinding off Creed batch numbers, to cutting off Mugler code labels, to now I'm hearig about them selling 10 year old Creed batches. Not worth my time to deal with a place like that.

On the other hand, I have purchased all of my Creeds from Fragrancenet and I don't have any complaints about their products. I don't believe they have a restocking fee either.

sorry about that man. i got a flacon from a retailer online, and i absolutely love it. sucks that creeds batches vary so much. hopefully you can return it without any problems

I got mine from FragranceNet back in March or April this year. Absolutely beautiful 2011 batch which I'm wearing today. The fruit is coming out on top and I am smelling it quite intensely on me. I would return yours and just reorder from FragranceNet. I was cautious about ordering from them, as I am based in the UK, but apart from a slightly long delivery time (10 days or so?), I cannot really complain.

Thats the nature of the beast that is MI. Nothing to do with BeautyEncounter. I've bought from John Lewis every time (high end Uk shop) and the results have varied. My last bottle is just that, my LAST... Salty salty salty.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Thats the nature of the beast that is MI. Nothing to do with BeautyEncounter. I've bought from John Lewis every time (high end Uk shop) and the results have varied. My last bottle is just that, my LAST... Salty salty salty.
    Advantage of buying from John Lewis is that you can see the batch number on the bottle you are buying. I wouldn't buy from them though as they never discount. Except the few times when they have the special 10% off all fragrances in response to "a competitor's promotion".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sp333 View Post
    I didn't mention this in the original post but when I first took the cap off the sprayer actually came off with it. I had to reattach the sprayer before I could actually spray. And when I did initiate the first spray, it came out without any resistance. Usually new bottles must be hit a few times before they actually get a full spray, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    The trigger was primed ....
    I, likewise, thought that, with a new bottle, the sprayer had to be pressed a couple of times, at least, to prime it. Otherwise, it would appear to have be sprayed and/or tested before.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I got mine from FragranceNet back in March or April this year. Absolutely beautiful 2011 batch which I'm wearing today. The fruit is coming out on top and I am smelling it quite intensely on me. I would return yours and just reorder from FragranceNet. I was cautious about ordering from them, as I am based in the UK, but apart from a slightly long delivery time (10 days or so?), I cannot really complain.
    Can you give us the batch #

- - - Updated - - -

What is the best batch #

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have batch C3311X01

This is the best smelling batch I've ever smelled and found. This would 100% fall into JackHunters perfect batch category!