Solara Homme by Lomani
Any good frags under 20 dollars? budget stuff that dosnt smell cheap
Solara Homme by Lomani
There are some surprisingly good ones out there:
- Worth PH. This is a fantastic cheapie for fans of Paco Rabanne, Antaeus et al. Very much an old school fragrance.
- Nickel Eau Maximum. My SE Asia (hot, humid weather with rough travel conditions) travel fragrance. Lasts well, with a fresh, cooling scent, and the tough bottle makes it ideal for throwing in the dopp kit and not having to worry about it breaking.
- Zirh Ikon. A very nice, albeit fairly linear, evening incense fragrance. A real steal, and light enough to not offend in close quarters.
- Al-Rehab Silver (spray). People swear up and down that this either does or doesn't smell like SMW. I, for one, think it does, but regardless, I think it's an excellent fragrance that has whopping projection and longevity for a bottle that costs less than four quid for a 30mL spray.
But the best bargain by far has to be Horizon by Guy LaRoche.
I hear the 50mLs can be found in US dollar stores! That never ceases to amaze and irritate me. I'm still happy to pay $20 for it. Utterly unique and smells wonderfully fresh and herbaceous.
Michael Jordan Legend
Perry Ellis 360 Red
Giorgio for Men (dark colored green juice re-release version), pre-reformulation Halston Z-14, Bogart pour Homme and vintage Quorum would top my list. If you prefer something lighter then Bellagio for Men is also a good one at a relatively low cost.
Last edited by drseid; 13th November 2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added Bellagio for Men
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Everlast Original 1910 if you like leather notes.
Visit my huge swap page: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/211...-ml-Gotham-etc
Or visit my Sales page: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/211...o-make-offers!
Samples, etc. for Sale at my Crystal Flacon page: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=282
My fragrance blog: http://bigslyfragrance.wordpress.com/
Red by Giorgio BH
Michael Jordan Legend
My blog: http://scentedpassion.blogspot.com/
Many excellent suggestions so far. I'd add Jovan Sex Appeal as well as fragrances by Antonio Banderas.
+1 Quorum by Antonio Puig
+1 Bogart Pour Homme by Jacques Bogart
+1 Zirh Ikon by Zirh
Samba Kiss Me
Nickel Eau Maximum
Tim Mcgraw Southern Blend
Seduction in Black
Spirit (Antonio Banderas)
My Ultimate Top 5:
Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
Burberry London (2006)
Eau des Baux (2006)
Arpege pour Homme (2005)
'Ben Sherman', if you can get over there
Rochas Man -- $19.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/etc.
PE 360 Red (+1)
Michael Jordan Legend (+1)
Nautica Voyage (+1)
Cuba Gold (+1)
Michel Germain - Tattoo
The only ones priced that low that I really like are PE 360 Red and Nautica Voyage (I paid $40 for my bottle of Voyage - but still worth it at that price IMO).
Current Spring Favorites:
1. Creed - Spice & Wood
2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
3. Dior - Vetiver
4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
5. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
8. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
9. Creed - Green Valley
10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1
Azzaro pour homme
Bogart pour homme
If you have access to a TJ Maxx , Marshall's, or Ross, those are good places to find quality frags for cheap. And if you aren't familiar with the ones you see there, write down a bunch of the names, take 'em home and read reviews here on Basenotes. Then determine which ones sound like they might be winners and "blind buy" them and try them out. Not a perfect way to do it, but at those stores there are no testers or ways to smell the frags without buying. But I gather the return policy is pretty easy if you buy one and don't like it.
Last edited by bigsteve; 13th November 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Diesel Zero Plus Masculine. (love this in the winter!)
Also, +1 for Cuba Gold, Perry Ellis 360 White, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Izod, and Cuba Royal.
Also, I've seen Versace Dreamer & CK One Shock around that range lately, & they are certainly worth it).
Is Cuba Gold really a good fragrance? I'm hearing a lot of positive things about it while you can pick a 3.4 oz bottle for around 10 bucks
Iceberg Twice - Ebay
Rocawear Evolution - Ross
Juicy Dirty English - TJ Maxx
I can recommend Nautica Voyage by the way!
Nautica Voyage and Rochas Man are both good candidates. Both on Amazon for $20ish and both by Maurice Roucel
Already mentioned and all excellent scents and great value:
Others worth considering:
One Man Show
Lomani pour homme
Lapidus pour homme